“Great pool and hot tub a rea”

Best Western Holiday Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Coos Bay
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Large rooms, nothing fancy but definitely clean. Comfortable beds.  Not a lot of option in Coos Bay if your looking for 4 star hotels. They only have motels.  If I were to rate our options in Coos Bay only this would have been a 4.5%

Room Tip: This hotel is a first choice in town.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Best Western Holiday Hotel

Reviewed March 2, 2012

Hello from the Oregon Coast!
We are spending 15 days in this property and we have been very pleased with the room 299.
The motel is very clean. Our room has two queen beds, full kitchen, a sofa, a nice size bathroom, a dinner table, a working station,TV, telephone and lots of natural light (corner unit). Also we have complimentary full breakfast every morning, fruits (apples, bananas and oranges) in the afternoon, daily housekeeping (Thanks Susan, Sally and Amber!), a great indoor swimming pool, jacuzzi and a workout room!
Our cats are also very cozy here with us. It's a great pet friendly hotel!
The location is good, we are steps away from all the bars and restaurants- and tonight we will be partying at the local event called "wine walk", where all you need to do is: Help the local charities by donating $10 per person and you can walk to 30 diferent places and have a nice pour! We are glad we are walking ; )
But remmember...There is nothing fancy here, ok?!
Have fun on your next trip!

Room Tip: The corner unit 299 has lots of natural light!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 25, 2012

At first I thought this place is not going to be great. What a wrong idea. This is an All American hotel. It is clean, comfortable and friendly. The best breakfast I have ever eaten in a hotel. The employees and manager were so friendly I had to personally tell them. Ann did a great job registering us and making sure we were comfortable. One of the things I really admired was the young lady doing breakfast. The place was packed out, she was busy running and making sure there was food and bevereges for everyone, a lady came to her and asked "Could you take my husband and my picture?", she stopped and took there picture and continued to serve us. Thanks honey for doing that. Seeing you not complain and put a customer first . Great job. See ya again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Millie M
Reviewed February 18, 2012

Two of my colleagues and I stayed here on a business trip. Staff were friendly and the rooms were clean although by no means could anything be called amazing. However, both of my colleagues were upset that their "non-smoking" rooms smelled strongly of smoke (I did not have this problem). Close to restaurants but also the road so there can be some noise. If I go back here on business I may try another hotel, but this one isn't a bad choice.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank mandolinista
Reviewed January 16, 2012

I had read reviews of this Motel, stating that it was Coos Bay "finest". Having not stayed anywhere else in Coos Bay, I'm not sure it's the "finest", but I will say that it was "Nice".
I had called the Motel, after getting confused on the Best Western Website room rates. Glad I did, the young Lady at the desk was able to give me a Better Rate, than being a member of Best Western's Rewards Program, and booking online! Add that to the whole staff's great attitude, and always service with a smile, and I give 'em a "4" out of "5".
This Motel has something I had not seen before: The hallways are all "open" to the outside! There are no doors to the hallways, from which all of the rooms are off of. Your room's door is all that is between you and "outside air". Hence, it's a little cool in the hallways, if it's cool outside. I suspect the reverse is true during the summer. I'll mention that I still felt "safe & secure" behind my room's door. People in wheelchairs might not find it easy to get around because of the Motel's different levels, and stairways. Additionally, the parking lot is sloped.
The rooms themselves were very nice, comfortable, had the usual mini-frig, microwave, and a slightly "bigger" (an extra cup's worth - Thank You!) coffee maker. My room's bath/toilet were separate from the sink/mirror (which is just inside the room's door). The TV is still old CRT type rather than Flat Screens (I'm starting to get spoiled by flatscreeens). The cable offered a lot of channels. Wireless Internet access was excellent. Shampoo, Conditioner, and Body Lotion are all provided.
The Motel has a very nice indoor swimming pool, and adjacent hottub/spa. Everything was clean, well maintained. Only problem with the Pool, was that the Motel is divided into two separate buildings, and my room was across the parking lot from the building that houses the pool/hottub. With the "hail/snow" coming down while I was there, it was just a little too cold for me to venture out in my swimsuit and robe.
The Motel does not have a restaurant/bar, but it does have a "Beer and Wine Cooler" in the lobby, that boasted several very good choices for both!
While I did not attend either Breakfast (I like to sleep-in) offered by the Motel, I was told that it was very good. I'll have to leave that review for someone else.
While not the "Holiday Inn", this was a Motel that I will stay in again. I would like to see the room rates be about $10.00 - $15.00 less, tho.

Room Tip: If you want easy access to the Pool, and to Breakfast, ask for a room in the "Main" buildi...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank MrMarkdc
Reviewed January 8, 2012

This place was a great surprise, the trusty Best Western's never fails but this one is amazing, The friendly service from the front desk lady was great and just genuine, Our Queen size room was huge great size, clean, the bed was a king size and so so comfortable and the shower was awesome. A hot breakfast is a plus and a heated pool and spa included, There's wifi and good AC a fridge and microwave in room. Had a great stay in Coos Bay what a great place to stay with some mind-blowing views in the state park of the seals and rough coast line.

Room Tip: Room 249 not sure what the others are like but loved this one.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LIVINGlifewithGI
Reviewed December 26, 2011

Stayed Christmas eve at the Best Western. The rooms were wonderful and the staff made our trip! The rooms were clean and comfortable. Slept like a log and woke up to an incredible breakfast. I needed change for the machines and only had a debit card so the clerk helped me out with a smile and a Merry Christmas wish. We loved every minute of it.

My granddaughters and I exhausted ourselves swimming the the perfect temp pool and then relaxed in the hot tub.

Thank you Best Western Coos Bay! This was a Christmas with my son and granddaughters that I will never forget. We won't stay anywhere else when we come to Coos Bay.

Room Tip: 278 is a double room suite. Very nice. 280 is a single king. Great bed.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Edgewater Inn
#3 of 7 in Coos Bay
Quality Inn & Suites at Coos Bay
Super 8 Coos Bay/North Bend

Been to Best Western Holiday Hotel? Share your experiences!