“Nice, clean rooms with reasonable rates.”
Review of Edgewater Inn

Edgewater Inn
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Coos Bay
Kentucky
“Nice, clean rooms with reasonable rates.”
Reviewed October 15, 2009

This was probably one of the least expensive places we stayed on the Oregon coast. The rooms were spacious, clean, and with lots of amenities (refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot). The hotel was quiet and had a nice view of the river. The staff was very friendly.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Reviewed September 3, 2009

The room was clean and spacious. We did not have a balcony over looking the river but a great window.
The service was good. The breakfast was average as most chains are displaying.
Since we arrived late we foudn it convenient to order out through this great little book of about 20 establishments in the area. For a $5.00 delivery fee the food was delivered to us. we ordered Italian and it was good. But then I was tired and hungry.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed August 30, 2009

This was a great find in Coos Bay. Great staff, pet friendly, comfortable rooms, and an indoor pool for the kids. Free wi-fi and breakfast too. We got an excellent rate as well. We will be back again.

Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed August 23, 2009

I was rather impressed with the Edgewater Inn. Not the best scenery around the hotel, but the hotel itself was very nice, spacious, clean. The bed was very comfy, had no problems with noise or anything.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
PNW
Reviewed April 25, 2009

We were driving up 101, taking the long way home from a trip to Yosemite park. After driving for nearly 10 hours straight, we were tired and decided to find a hotel in Coos Bay. Unfortunately, most that appeared on our Navigator list were already full, but when we called the Edgewater the front desk clerk (Cathy, I believe) told us they had a few left and that she would hold one for us. Our Navigator took us to the wrong hotel, so we called her back and she laughingly guided us to the correct spot. Upon walking into the lobby, I knew I'd like this place- it was warm, inviting, had a flat screen going playing our favorite show (House), and a very engaging little Blue Heeler mix doggie looking for some affection. Cathy was very kind to us- I know we must have looked exhausted- and gave us a great rate as well. ($85). The night before, we'd spent twice that on a Best Western in Redding, Ca that had no view and a room half the size as the Edgewater's. We were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the room; there were candies and a welcome card, two very comfortable beds, a shower/tub with sink , another sink outside the bath, and a coffee maker with a large preparation area. The room itself was large, with vaulted ceilings and a full sized deck overlooking the tributary. For the price, it really was a bargain, and even my husband commented on the graciousness of the staff. (He normally doesn't pay much attention to such things). It was a welcome respite from the long drive, and the best place we stayed outside of Yosemite. The continental breakfast was more than adequate- there were several kinds of juices, breakfast bars, bagels, breads, english muffins and pastries, as well as coffee and tea. I would feel very comfortable recommending this hotel to family and friends, and if ever in Coos Bay again we will most certainly stay at the Edgewater.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
west coast
Reviewed December 5, 2008

We didn't actually STAY after the clerk
1. Just stares at us instead of asking "smoking or nonsmoking" after we gave her our preferences for a room
2. Calls the room before we can finish checking the room (I ALWAYS check it before renting) which was halfway down the building and upstairs and I have a bad knee
3. Is waiting at the bottom of the stairs for us to come back
4. We got back to the Lobby and while we are trying to ask a question she demands "give me the key!"

I don't think I need to go thru this for the "joy" of paying over $80 for an old room behind the parking lots of Fred Meyer and Safeway and looking out at an industrial zone.

• Liked — larger room
  • Disliked — location
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank jjinwash

Travelers are raving about these Coos Bay hotels

Washington
Reviewed September 9, 2008

My experience here was pretty bad! The room was very old, dingy & just had an overall gross feeling to it. There were burn marks in the carpet, comforter & just about everywhere you looked.
At night I did not feel safe here & could hear people talking through out the night, right outside my room. Made me very uncomfortable, as I had my 6 month old with me & the noise didn't let her sleep much, & therefore I did not sleep much either! I will never stay here again & do not recommend it to anyone I know. They have really let this place go!

• Liked — We had a place to sleep.
  • Disliked — Everything else.
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
Sunset Oceanfront Lodging
Super 8 Coos Bay/North Bend
Plainview Motel & RV Park
Best Western Inn at Face Rock

Been to Edgewater Inn? Share your experiences!