“Nice hotel. Nice rooms. Good beds. Good breakfast.”
Review of Edgewater Inn

Edgewater Inn
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Coos Bay
Seattle, Washington
“Nice hotel. Nice rooms. Good beds. Good breakfast.”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Not a fancy place, but dang nice and I can not think of anything to say that would be of a cautionary nature. I'd definitely stay here again. The water it is on the edge of is not the most scenic that you have ever seen, but they make the most of what it is.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Seattle
Reviewed August 4, 2014

I had not expected much when I reserved at the Edgewater Inn in Coos Bay. I had been using the AAA tour book's rating of motels to reserve and tried to get reservations at a chain brand motel we had used before but they were full. (Tip - the Oregon coast in summer is full of tourists so if you don't reserve in advance you can get stuck with less than desirable accommodations) So, I reserved at the Edgewater without much expectations because AAA had rated it "2 diamonds out of a possible 5". The room was very spacious with two comfortable queen sized beds and a sliding door going out onto the river's edge and a grassy walkway. The bathroom was roomy and it had my favorite feature, a vanity sink separate from the tub and toilet room. The supply of thick towels was generous and the bathtub was so appealing that I actually took a nice long bath that night even though I am a normally a shower person. The temperature controls and water pressure were fine for my shower the next morning. Those items may seem insignificant but for me, nothing can ruin my stay than a shower that doesn't work properly and a measly sink with no space to set anything. The next morning we had a full breakfast at large tables in the lobby (well, no eggs or bacon but they did have waffles, cereals and everything else you might want). The rate was less than I would have paid at the chain motel and I was happy we had stayed at the Edgewater.

1 Thank Joyce D
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

We were on a road trip from California to Oregon. Thought giving this motel a try. Price was under $100 per night by the water. Room was reasonably clean and big with two huge queen sized bed. Breakfast wasn't fantastic, but that's what we expected with lower rate. Still considered a decent place for just a night sleep. Pool was big and my child enjoyed himself before the long drive. Wished they had more towels by the pool though. For low rate accommodation seeker, this is a good enough for short stay.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Gaston, Oregon, United States
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Staff friendly, but that is the only nice thing to say about this place! How it scored higher than Best Western on Booking.com is beyond me! ( could someone had padded the reviews for more business?) It is so bad that I felt the need to review it before we left. Saggy beds, old and dirty decor in the rooms, hot tub that was old, not maintained and lukewarm at best. Had to go back to the room to get warmer water and rinse off whatever they had put in the water that felt oily. Decor appears to be from the 60' s, but could be quaint if kept up. Could have got a better room for 1/2 the cost at a motel 6. If we had been earlier, I would have demanded our money back and left. Would not want any of my friends or family members to stay here. It' s just gross, for lack of a better word.

Room Tip: Stay away from this place!
1 Thank Michelle M

Travelers are raving about these Coos Bay hotels

Cheney, Washington
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I know this is late, but none the less, here it is. My husband and I first stayed here on our Wedding Night back in 2008. Last year (2013), we took another trip down to Oregon and stayed in the same 1 bedroom jacuzzi suite for our 5 year wedding anniversary. Oh my, how it had changed. And not for the better. Things started out well, the room looked pretty much the same since we had last been there 5 years ago. We went out to dinner and came back and used the jacuzzi tub. When my husband got out, he went into the kitchenette to get some water. He discovered a spider on the kitchen counter. My husband is very well versed when it comes to spiders. He inspected it closely and noticed it to be of a venomous nature. It had fangs and the bulb sacks for venom. He immediately called the front desk and they sent a maintenance guy over. He looked at it and saw the bulb sacks as well. Well, it seemed the kid refused to even entertain the notion that it could be venomous. My husband explained to him the details in which you can tell and told the kid to put it in a glass with a cover and take it back to their office and freeze it (this will kill it) and have it looked at. He took the spider with him, but were pretty sure it was probably squashed and thrown in the trash. Before he left, he did mention that, that particular room hadn't been used in several months.We called the front desk again and told them that we were very uncomfortable staying in the room (we had booked for 2 nights) and that we wanted to leave and wanted a refund. At first, they flat out refused. They said we could leave, but don't expect a refund. After much debate between my husband and the front desk person, we were able to cancel and get a refund for the 2nd night. We ended up having to stay in this room for the rest of the night (it was around 2am by this time). We slept in our clothes with all of the lights on (due to spider) and we were so upset because they ruined our anniversary, which was the the next day. We did go around though and inspect the rest of the room and took photos. One of the horrific finds, was a dead moth in the living room, next to the sliding glass door. Did they not clean this room before booking it? Needless to say, we will NEVER stay here again and neither will anyone we know. This place is horrible. The rooms are outdated and management seriously lacks quality customer service skills. Our anniversary did get saved, by another hotel, and that review will follow here shortly!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hap666
North Bend, Oregon
Reviewed July 6, 2014

This is the second time we stayed here. We got bottom floor, river view. The motel is older, but to me it seems clean. We have not had difficulties with the staff at all. The one thing i wish they had was a few more washing machines, driers. The room is locked with a certain cyber-key, which i can understand, but if a person(s) are a ahead of you, then you go on a waiting list. It is much easier to go down town Coos Bay and use the public laundry. It is a decent motel. A bit dated. Some of it needs it dating, like the carpet. My wife and like the fact there are two sinks. One in the shower / toilet room, and another one out side of that. So either one of us can do "business" with disturbing the other. We will stay again.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Huge room with two sinks, one in bathroom and one next to bathroom. Nice warm pool and large hot tub. Both were very clean. Only negatives were the extra firm bed, my son actually liked it, and the lack of pressure in the shower but the rain shower heads aren't known for having good pressure. Staff was friendly and helpful. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Quality Inn & Suites at Coos Bay
Plainview Motel & RV Park
Super 8 Coos Bay/North Bend
Best Western Inn at Face Rock

Been to Edgewater Inn? Share your experiences!