“Good Place to Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Coos Bay
Sacramento, California
“Good Place to Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

We went up in July for two nights.
The rooms are decent. Ours had a hot plate type stove, microwave, refrigerator, sink etc.
A sliding door leads to your balbony if you get a water side room.
The fitness center is just a couple tread mils and I think they had a small wight machine.
The pool and hot tub finishes are ready to be re-done.
Its indoor and there is not much furniture.
In the morning, you can fill up on a continental style breakfast that is included.
Cereal, fruit, bagels, donuts (of different kinds) oatmeal, coffe, juices etc etc.
I gave it four because its a good deal and they are nice.
Overall, the building and rooms are about a three... The pool and got tub are 2 1/2.

Room Tip: Waterside room
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Burbank, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

Another reviewer called it "kinda old but very homey and comfortable. Queen sized beds that were oh so good. Donut breakfast with coffee in room. Big bathroom. Private balcony. Within walking distance to Safeway that has Starbucks!"

We are kinda old also, and this place suited us just fine. I would recommend it to a friend.

1 Thank Jim F
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

We were lucky to have a place to sleep, but our room (the only rm left!) was a MAJOR disappointment. It was a "spa" room, and we never stepped barefoot on the floor. The hotel room was way outdated. Shower curtain rod was stained, the bathroom door was chipped and falling apart. One of the outside entrance doors was propped open, and we did not feel completely safe, but we had no choice if we wanted a place to sleep. I will say that the front desk staff were very nice and the continental breakfast was okay...those were the only 2 positive things to say about our stay. As for the water view...it was an ugly river. :( We would not return to this hotel...keep driving!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Coos Bay hotels

Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

We had no reservations and came here on recommendation of local. It is kinda old but very homey and comfortable. Large warm pool with hot tub. Queen sized beds that were oh so good. Donut breakfast with coffee in room. Big bathroom. Private balcony. Within walking distance to Safeway that has Starbucks!

Room Tip: We paid extra $10 for lake view and it was worth it.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

First off the internet connection is non existent which is really bad in our case. Luckily I have a smartphone but it is not acceptable. I would rather use my laptop. Huge cracks in the walls. mold in the shower is disgusting.! The front desk was nice but rushed through explaining things. When I asked questions I was told "it is all on the paper I gave you" don't turn on the water in the sink...you'll get soaked! the bed is very comfortable. I drink coffee at night so I asked for extra and they gave me more which was very nice. Safeway is right next door which is great. We brought our dog but apparently we are not to leave her in the room alone at all. Not even to walk outside for a few minutes or they will charge you 300.00. Now I wonder if they watch everything you do so we shall see if we get a charge for something we won't do. I am very weary of all of the signs about taking things and other signs. I understand that people steal but now I will have housekeeping do inventory before we leave

• Stayed July 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Toronto
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

After spending a fantastic day touring beautiful Oregon we were looking forward to just relaxing in our room and resting up for another day. We pulled in to the parking lot and all looked good. Then we walked inside and it was like we were transported to a time of old dusty basement furniture from 20 years ago. The room was large but smelled musty and the furniture very old and dated. As was the washroom. Were the towels yellowed with age or cream coloured? We couldn't tell. We expressed our dissatisfaction and were upgraded to a less smelly room that overlooked some sort of plant. They dinged us an extra $10 for this "upgrade". Then they tried to ding us another $10 for my child in spite of the printed receipt I had which showed the rate for 2 adults and 1 child. I told her I didn't want to argue and I'd pay the $10 but thought they were giving horrible customer service given all the added unexpected charges for the quality of the room. I was then shown the sign that said they had the right to refuse my service !!?? And yet when I asked - prior to unpacking - if I could get out of the reservation and go elsewhere I had been told 'no'. We were only staying one night so we sucked it up and slummed. And... the free internet wireless service sucked and kept failing.

We're trying not to let this experience cloud what has thus far been a wonderful vacation but ya... go elsewhere. In hindsight I wish I had gone to the Red Lion!! (even though the front desk staff here degraded the quality!)

• 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CdnTraveler416
North Bend, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

We live outside of town, but for a special occasion or late night we will book a jacuzzi rub room. The view of the slough isn't stellar, but the rooms are quite nice and the tub divine. Continental breakfast helps after a night spent carousing as well.

• Stayed December 2011
Quality Inn & Suites Coos Bay
Sunset Oceanfront Lodging
Super 8 Coos Bay/North Bend
BEST WESTERN Inn at Face Rock

Been to Edgewater Inn? Share your experiences!