“Most comfortable beds...”
Review of Edgewater Inn

Edgewater Inn
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Coos Bay
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We had no reservations and came here on recommendation of local. It is kinda old but very homey and comfortable. Large warm pool with hot tub. Queen sized beds that were oh so good. Donut breakfast with coffee in room. Big bathroom. Private balcony. Within walking distance to Safeway that has Starbucks!

Room Tip: We paid extra $10 for lake view and it was worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 27, 2012

First off the internet connection is non existent which is really bad in our case. Luckily I have a smartphone but it is not acceptable. I would rather use my laptop. Huge cracks in the walls. mold in the shower is disgusting.! The front desk was nice but rushed through explaining things. When I asked questions I was told "it is all on the paper I gave you" don't turn on the water in the sink...you'll get soaked! the bed is very comfortable. I drink coffee at night so I asked for extra and they gave me more which was very nice. Safeway is right next door which is great. We brought our dog but apparently we are not to leave her in the room alone at all. Not even to walk outside for a few minutes or they will charge you 300.00. Now I wonder if they watch everything you do so we shall see if we get a charge for something we won't do. I am very weary of all of the signs about taking things and other signs. I understand that people steal but now I will have housekeeping do inventory before we leave

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 26, 2012

After spending a fantastic day touring beautiful Oregon we were looking forward to just relaxing in our room and resting up for another day. We pulled in to the parking lot and all looked good. Then we walked inside and it was like we were transported to a time of old dusty basement furniture from 20 years ago. The room was large but smelled musty and the furniture very old and dated. As was the washroom. Were the towels yellowed with age or cream coloured? We couldn't tell. We expressed our dissatisfaction and were upgraded to a less smelly room that overlooked some sort of plant. They dinged us an extra $10 for this "upgrade". Then they tried to ding us another $10 for my child in spite of the printed receipt I had which showed the rate for 2 adults and 1 child. I told her I didn't want to argue and I'd pay the $10 but thought they were giving horrible customer service given all the added unexpected charges for the quality of the room. I was then shown the sign that said they had the right to refuse my service !!?? And yet when I asked - prior to unpacking - if I could get out of the reservation and go elsewhere I had been told 'no'. We were only staying one night so we sucked it up and slummed. And... the free internet wireless service sucked and kept failing.

We're trying not to let this experience cloud what has thus far been a wonderful vacation but ya... go elsewhere. In hindsight I wish I had gone to the Red Lion!! (even though the front desk staff here degraded the quality!)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank CdnTraveler416
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We live outside of town, but for a special occasion or late night we will book a jacuzzi rub room. The view of the slough isn't stellar, but the rooms are quite nice and the tub divine. Continental breakfast helps after a night spent carousing as well.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Loloofthewoods
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Water view means looking over a 100 yard wide murky river at a log processing plant, so I don't think I would spend the extra $5 for it again. Room 210 was large and clean, but very dated and had a smell like you would expect from an old building. Don't expect too much and you won't be disappointed. I will stress that they do a good job with what they are working with. One more thing, the Internet is useless. I had a strong signal, but it was extremely slow.....finally just gave up and used my 3G network.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Third time I've stayed there,in three years - everything was ready and easy even though we arrive late in the evening and bring along an active dog! The staff is very helpful, pointing out the "dog areas" which are easily accessible, there are dog treats waiting in the room, everything was clean and crisp as far a bedding/bathroom but the best part it, the quiet! This motel is on the edge of the river on one side, and large parking lot on the other and off the main street by a long block (a Safeway between the motel and the main street). The continental breakfast was good, plenty of options, but again, the view of the river and the ability to walk the entire boardwalk of Coos Bay is pretty phenomenal. Starbucks right across the street and a Fred Meyer, too and easy walking distance to older down town districts with lots of little stores and restaurants.

Room Tip: When calling for reservations, be sure to check out the AAA rates or ask about any specials. Staff...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I've stayed here for business several times over the past 12 years. Stayed last week for a weekend get-away. The place never changes. It is clean - the most important thing in my book. The room is spacious and the bed very comfy. Half of the rooms are right on the river with nice porch and walks. That said, I don't think the place has been updated since the '80s and its beginning to show. Rooms are a bit dark with aging decor and bathrooms. Free breakfast is not much more than coffee and donuts. It's not within walking distance to much except grocery stores. I think I'll try another motel next time I stay in Coos Bay.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Best Western Inn at Face Rock
Itty Bitty Inn
Itty Bitty Inn
#2 of 4 in North Bend

Been to Edgewater Inn? Share your experiences!