“Needs an Update”
Review of Edgewater Inn

Edgewater Inn
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Coos Bay
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I've stayed here for business several times over the past 12 years. Stayed last week for a weekend get-away. The place never changes. It is clean - the most important thing in my book. The room is spacious and the bed very comfy. Half of the rooms are right on the river with nice porch and walks. That said, I don't think the place has been updated since the '80s and its beginning to show. Rooms are a bit dark with aging decor and bathrooms. Free breakfast is not much more than coffee and donuts. It's not within walking distance to much except grocery stores. I think I'll try another motel next time I stay in Coos Bay.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 2, 2012

We come here 4-5 times during the year mainly to go fishing out of Charleston. This is one of the better hotels in Coos Bay. Always clean, front desk always helpful.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 22, 2011

based on a recommendation, I stayed here instead of my normal hotel. It is marginally better.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 10, 2011

We stayed at the Edgewater Inn in Coos Bay in July. We booked last minute because of a rush decision to take my parents on a weekend trip to see Shore Acres. I had no idea what to expect, and we were thrilled with what we saw on arrival. Our room was one of the nicest I've stayed in anywhere on the coast. It was spacious and immaculate, plus it had a beautiful view of the river. It's the perfect spot for sightseeing around Charleston and Coos Bay. The location is super convenient because it's near a shopping center with coffee shops and grocery stores, but it's at the end of a street with a large parking lot between the hotel and shopping center, with the river directly behind. It's quiet and there's lawns and trails along the river, plus it's pet friendly. The front desk folks were helpful in recommending local spots to eat, and the pool and hot tub were great. We'll definitely go back.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Fran76_11
Reviewed September 16, 2011

It was hard to get our luggage up the stairs without an elevator. But the room was nice, with fridge and microwave, and a new Lazy-boy-type chair in the corner to relax in. Nice view of the river, in an industrial area. Balcony and sliding glass door to let in fresh air. The internet here was very slow.

Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Judy F
Reviewed September 12, 2011

This inn was one of the more expensive accomodations on our 2 week trip. It was adequate, but a little overpriced for the outdated room. The view of the canal was pretty, but we were expecting the Bay and were disappointed. The staff was not especially helpful or friendly, in fact, argumentative when we checked in.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 11, 2011

I had a non- smoking rm for the fact I have children, so to take only to drags of cig. I stepped out on the balconie which I didnt think was a problem since I was not in rm and door was closed but they charge us for smoking in room. Elderly maid was really snuddy and half cleaned are room donut on floor next to trash when she left. besides that nice rooms good breakfast an shopping was convent.

Room Tip: If smoker ask were smoking on property is ok first.