“wheres the desanated smoking area?” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Edgewater Inn

Edgewater Inn
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Coos Bay
Chico, California
“wheres the desanated smoking area?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2011

I had a non- smoking rm for the fact I have children, so to take only to drags of cig. I stepped out on the balconie which I didnt think was a problem since I was not in rm and door was closed but they charge us for smoking in room. Elderly maid was really snuddy and half cleaned are room donut on floor next to trash when she left. besides that nice rooms good breakfast an shopping was convent.

Room Tip: If smoker ask were smoking on property is ok first.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
home
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2011

We just spent 1 night here on the way to Bandon Dunes, and it fit the bill. Nothing especially good or bad except for the shower. It was definitely in my top 5 showers of all time. Would recommend for a 1 night stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank wimmyjeil
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2011

The waterfront view is pretty. The staff was freindly yet not helpful with fixing the Internet. My bet is the internet was way to overloaded no one could get on let alone stay on, as if you could get on it would crash. I had to work so drove to another town and picked up a wifi hotspot from att. It was still a lil slower but very reliable.
My other issue with the room was the bathroom. The water couldn't hold a temperature. I was getting shot with icy cold water intermixed with my hot.. Then extremely hot water! And back to the icy. Which of course was very unpleasant. To top if off the shower wasn't clean, and the towels had mystery smears on them. Maybe housekeeping just missed the bath.
Furthermore, the beds were ok, more comfortable than a super 8, yet not nearly as a days inn.
For the price of this motel it's not a very good value.

• Stayed August 2011
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2011

Convenient to travelers on the 101, The Edgewater Inn is otherwise unremarkable. The Inn is tucked behind a Safeway and a Fred Meyer and to the side of a RV camp. This location is not as close to the Coos Bay waterfront and downtown as advertised. Fast food restaurants are within walking distance, but Coos Bays' more interesting full service restaurants require driving. The room was clean but decked out in furnishings from the late 1980s. The bed was among the most uncomfortable I have attempted to sleep on in some time.

The Inn's online reservation system leaves much to be desired. Upon arrival, our reservation, made online 60 days before the visit, was not on the Inn's books. A room was available, and the Inn did charge us the rate we would have received with the reservation. (Fortunately, I had the confirming email still in my inbox, so that I could produce it when arguing for the reservation rate.) Phoning the Inn directly seems more reliable than placing an online reservation.

Room Tip: Water view rooms are worth the slightly higher rate.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RodL15
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2011

This hotel shows it's age, but the rooms are very large and comfortable. The location is a little deceiving. While it is on the edge of the water, it's not the best of views (there's a GP lumber plant across the river). Still, it was largely peaceful and a good stop during our vacation (especially with a price that couldn't be beat).

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank Nkuchemprof
Ripon, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2011

My husband and I stayed one night and we were impressed with the room. It was the most spacious room that we had stayed in on our whole vacation with a nice king size bed, couch, table, and nice bathroom. The staff was polite and friendly enough, we didn't have much interaction with them besides checking in and out. We enjoyed the continental breakfast. The view from our room was of the river and each room had its own patio with chairs. There was another reviewer on here who complained that the pool was dirty and her kids got sick from this motel. I read that review days before we stayed here and I did not see any part of our room that was dirty or unkempt, and there was definitely not a bad smell in our room either. Honestly, I don't know who would let their kids swim in a pool in November anyway and many motels close their pools during the off seasons so that might be the reason why their pool was dirty at the time...
One complaint we did have about this motel was that their free wireless internet was really spotty and would cut in and out.
Overall, we enjoyed staying here and if we were staying in Coos Bay again, we would probably stay here again and definitely recommend it to our friends and family.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mhopper18
Keizer, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2010

This was the WORST hotel I have ever stayed in. Dirty, smelled like wet dogs, staff was rude, manager said she'd call back and never did. When we called we asked if they had joining rooms with 2 queen beds. We were told yes so we went to go check them out. The person at the front desk was very nice to the men checking in but I guess a middle aged woman and her grandmother aren't that important. So she hurried down to the joining rooms to let us see them. She said well if you like it meet me at the front desk and scurried off again. I got to the front desk to check in. She was typing and slammed a registration card down in front of me with a pen and said well I thought seeing the other person check in you would have figured it out you need to do this too. Well sorry, I didn't watch the other person, what they were doing wasn't my business. So I went back to the room. One room smelled like wet dog. The heater you could see was filled with dirt and dog hair. The other room the bathroom had a ring around the tub. When I called down to the desk to ask for a different room I was told "I'm the only person here I can't do anything about it right now." She didn't do anything then or the rest of the night we were stuck in the nastiest hotel rooms ever. The one bed was curling up like a taco shell. The other three you could feel the springs through them. The floor in the one room was sticky, my socks actually stuck to the carpet. The decor was from the 60's. There were no security locks on the doors so we had to barricate the doors so we weren't affraid my 2 year old would get out the front door. The towels were all different shades of stained yellow and off white. The water itself stunk it smelled like water from the bay without being filtered. Extreamly rude. Then the breakfast buffet was donuts. We decided to go down the street to the kozzy kitchen and eat which was the ONLY good thing about coos bay. When I called to speak to the manager she said she would look at everything and call me back. She never did call. I found out while talking to her the wing we were in is specific for people with dogs. NOT for people without dogs and NOT for elderly people. Well apparently the night person figured we deserved to be in a dog room. NEVER EVER stay at this hotel. I have dogs and I wouldn't take them. Now I'm home and my kids both have foot hand and mouth disease. They apparently caught it from this dirty hotel not being cleaned properly because it's the only place we stayed that wasn't clean. The doctor told us the incubation time and it would have been the dates we were in this hotel. And yes you can get the disease from dirty surfaces. I've stayed in hotels from one end of the country to the other and this was the absolute worst hotel and we paid more for it for one night than we did a family sweet in Disneyland. Oh and don't swim in the pool. I don't think it's been cleaned in quite some time. It was freezing cold in the water and the water actually felt grimmy. My lips were chapped after swimming in it and tasted like salt. Apparently everyone goes swimming to take a bath since the tubs are so dirty.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family

Quality Inn & Suites Coos Bay
Sunset Oceanfront Lodging
Super 8 Coos Bay/North Bend
BEST WESTERN Inn at Face Rock

Been to Edgewater Inn? Share your experiences!