“Fun place”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Had a great meal with our family at this restaurant. Staff very helpful and friendly (we were a large group). Food was good and service was prompt. Throwing peanut shells on the floor was the highlight for the kids!

Reviewed September 20, 2013

I had their version of a cobb salad with grilled chicken which was alright. Not great but very large.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Had dinner reservations for a group of eight. Drinks were terribly weak. Prices were high. I ordered a grilled chicken breast--the chicken was so dry I didn't even eat half of it. The steamed broccoli was overcooked and the steamed baby carrots were still crunchy. My dinner companions were not impressed with their orders of burgers, ribs or steak. Although I did think the catch of the day (halibut with mango salsa) looked good. The dining area was so loud it was hard to socialize with our group. Our waitress was very attentive to our party but unfortunately, her good service couldn't make up for the rest of it.

1  Thank Coos2View
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I went there alone just to get out and treat myself 1 night. It was Friday at about 7pm. The place was filled about 50%. Parking was good. I was promptly seated and treated with a smile. The menu has a nice selection. Beer is served in Kerr jars, which is kind of fun. Wine and some mixed drinks are served in traditional glass wear. I had "Road Kill" with Garlic Mashed Potatoes and steamed veggies. The meal was prepared well and in good time. Portion size was good. Pricing was good. Flavor was home-cooking-good. Remember this is family dining; no 5 star chefs around here. This place is also...VERY NOISEY! The acoustics are partially to blame. The place is an old dance hall. So sound bounces every direction; especially through your head. Expect plenty of screaming 2 year olds. If the place were just a little more tranquil, I'd give it 3 to 4 stars. The restaurant is part of a hotel. So there are lots of travelers eating here. There is a busy bar right next to the dining area with only a 1/2 wall separating them. The broken peanut shells on the floor are a nice touch. It helps you to relax.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

We ordered a steak and it was full of fat and grizzle. When we told the waiter he said that he was already giving us a 10% discount because we were at the hotel so in other words too bad. He was very rude about it all and seemed more interested in leaving for the night.