“Budget Hotel in Good Location”
Review of Motel 6 Coos Bay

Motel 6 Coos Bay
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Coos Bay
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Motel 6 in Coos Bay is definitely a budget motel. There are definitely no frills about this place. They do have a pool area, laundry facilities and vending machines. The rooms themselves are average size in comparison to a Best Western or Red Lion type rooms. Upon checking in, the front desk agent was very pleasant and helpful. I paid cash for my room and they never asked for a credit card for incidentals, which is very unique in the hotel industry. You do have to pay an additional fee for a 24-hour wifi card which can be spotty at times depending on the number of other guests using this service and how far your room is located to the router. A couple of times I couldn't log into the wifi service and called the front desk. They are helpless in these matters and only could provide me with a 1-800 number to call for troubleshooting.

The room itself is very basic with a bed, table (in most rooms), countertop that the small tube TV rests on. The towels are small and thin, the bed is not comfortable at all and the King feels like they've just pushed two singles together which creates a lump in the middle, and the bedspread looks outdated (I recommend taking it off when you sleep). The water pressure for the shower has consistently been poor when I've stayed there. I think at one point there was just barely a trickle of cold water. The biggest issue I've had with these rooms was the smell. There is an overpowering smell that I can't really explain. I don't know if it's cleaner or what. It just doesn't smell good and takes time to get used to.

Parking can also be a challenge. I venture to guess there is only enough parking spots to match the number of rooms so when someone drives in with a big trailer or truck and takes up more than one spot, they screw it up for others.

All in all this is a budget hotel and I knew that going in. You get what you pay for. I don't recommend staying here on holidays because the rates increase by $20-$40 dollars and to me that's just not worth it.

Room Tip: If you need wifi during your stay, request to be placed near a router.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Johnny_2_Thumbs

Reviewed February 27, 2013

We did a recent trip down the Oregon Coast... We stayed at Motel 6 all the way down to Coos Bay
They are a great place to stay, clean, friendly, and most of all the dogs stay for free ! I would highly recommend any Motel 6.

Room Tip: Away from highway noise
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Deborah B
Reviewed February 18, 2013

This place is a great value. Clean, cheap rooms convienently located. Perfect place if you just need a place to relax after a long day of hiking and sleep. We have stayed here many times and have always been happy with our room, customer service and the price. The only complaint I would have is the parking lot is a bit small and gets very crowded.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sheri R
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We were just staying the night in Coos Bay so were looking for a cheap hotel. A room for 2 of us for 1 night came out to just under $50 including tax. The staff were friendly. Free coffee in the lobby in morning was nice. Our room was fairly clean. There was a leak in the shower/tub so a corner of the bathroom flooring was warped and slightly moldy. The towels were very small and thin. Clean and comfortable enough to sleep in for one night and what I expected from a Motel 6.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank burtkj
Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

My fiance and I stayed the night here on January 6th after Googling the cheapest motels in the area (which it's not) and though we know not to expect much for $56, I felt it could have been better. The room was relatively clean aside from a horrid wet dog smell. There were no appliances, such as a microwave, fridge, or even a clock; this is the first Motel 6 I've been to without the aforementioned. The woman at the desk was pretty nice, so no complaints there. However, I did notice a young couple peering into cars in the parking lot and even were ballsy enough to try and look into ours as we were unpacking it. I honestly didn't feel very safe about my car at all. I found a better room for the price up the street.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

Cassi and Christine, and all the staff are very kind and helpful. The motel is very clean. It's at a quiet location. We drove in after a long drive in a storm, with no reservation. Cassi checked us in fast, and made sure we were happy with our room.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I've stayed at a couple of Motel 6's before so I knew what to expect but this one I'd say is below average. The room smelled worse and the mattress was more uncomfortable than usual. I was too tired to walk back to the office after a long day on the road so I dozed off immediately in what was an otherwise uneventful night. If this was the only option in town I'd (reluctantly) repeat but not otherwise.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Quality Inn & Suites at Coos Bay
Itty Bitty Inn
Itty Bitty Inn
#2 of 4 in North Bend

Been to Motel 6 Coos Bay? Share your experiences!