“Just okay”

Coach House
Ranked #15 of 82 Restaurants in Coos Bay
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: This is far & away the BEST food in Coos Bay! Off the beaten path, but worth looking for. Grilled, Fresh, Friendly, and always EXCELLENT food. Local's favorite!
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Everyone in my office loves this restaurant, but I was less than impressed. There are only two vegetarian options -- fettucini alfredo and a grilled cheese sandwich. I opted for the sandwich, which was okay. I think it is priced too high for the quality. If you eat meat, perhaps you will have a better experience, because many people seem to like it around here.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

We have always loved this place. Great steaks and seafood, friendly service. Last night this was not the case. We had made a reservation for two a week prior, asking to be seated in the bar. When we arrived, all the tables were full, and it was very noisy, so we asked to be seated in the patio area. That was full, so they seated us in the main dining room, which was our last choice.

From there, things went downhill. We both ordered the flat iron steak. I specifically asked for a rare steak, not RAW. But when it arrived, it was nearly so. The vegetables that used to be served on the side (zucchini, yellow squash, onions) were replaced by overcooked broccoli and carrots. The wonderful focaccia bread was replaced with airy white bread with a soft crust. The baked potatoes were hard. The salads always used to have croutons...no more. When I asked for fresh ground pepper, the waitress pointed to the pepper shaker.

The topper was that we asked for a bottle of merlot, and it arrived opened, with the cork sticking out. Really?

Their one accolade is that the service was outstanding: plenty of servers, bussers, cocktail waitresses, etc. Our server (with the beautiful eyelashes) was wonderful.

The locals love this place, and that's fine. We are locals, too. But last night's dinner proved that this restaurant is really trying to cut corners, maybe because they have so many staff that it's eating into their profits.

Maybe you can't have everything...

4  Thank kantor1955
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Get the BBQ'd oysters or the ribeye. Try to be on the patio if at all possible as the insides of the restaurant look like they were teleported from the early 80's. The food is worth it though.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I hate to recommend this place - it's so well loved you need a reservation now. They have outside seating in a lovely garden-like setting (with heat lamps in the winter so you are still comfy). the food is GREAT - ribs, seafood, and desserts that are hard to resist. Great neighborhood place. Seating inside is kind of cramped, though.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Due to not knowing what time we would end up eating on our wedding anniversary we didn't make a reservation. We arrived early but every table was reserved (there is limited seating) but they went ahead and let us eat at one that wouldn't arrive for a while.
The waitress was pleasant and not overbearing or hard to find if needed. The food I could write a whole newspaper article on. My husband ordered prime rib and I had a filet mignon. Both steaks were very delicious and soft and cooked with such flavor. The potato and vegetables were also very good (even the carrots, which I don't like usually). The salad had mushrooms on it that my husband said tasted as if they were picked right before being put on the salad.
I have read where a few people think the prices are too high, well our whole meal including cheese cake and our drinks was HALF what that same meal would have cost in Vegas and was just as delicious.

1  Thank Amber T