“Everything fine untill we checked out”

Super 8 Coos Bay/North Bend
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Coos Bay
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We checked out Sunday morning. I went to the lobby desk to return the keys. The lady (blonde, hair in a bun/piled on her head) gave me my receipt. I looked at it and asked her if the rate we were charged included my AARP discount. She seemed really put out that I asked that question. She said I had to step aside and she would wait on the next customer before she could check on that, which I thought was poor customer service. After she waited on the customer behind me, I handed her my copy of the bill. She looked it over and pointed out where it said I did get my AARP discount. I thanked her politely (of course she never said you're welcome because it was so much trouble for her to point that out on my bill; her little "dig" to me, I am sure). The lady that checked us in was fun and helpful. Check out lady left a bad taste in my mouth. She needs a brush up on what good customer service is about.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Radine M, Manager at Super 8 Coos Bay/North Bend, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

First I want to say thank you for staying at our motel. We greatly appreciate each and every person that stays here ! I am very sorry one of our front dask people was not as helpful and friendly as she could have. I will be talking to everyone to make sure this does not happen in the future. Again Thank you for your stay!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Radine M, Manager at Super 8 Coos Bay/North Bend, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Cool location near the boardwalk and walking distance of many restaurants. Linens and tile in bathroom was actually quite nice.

Traffic noise pretty bad-can't get much worse as its immediately at the split of and on the middle, of Hwy 101. Breakfast room was cramped - just an old bedroom converted. Most of the outlets in our room did not work and that was a little frightening. Also the fire alarm handle outside our room had been apparently used at some point and not been reset (the glass cylinder was not there)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
radine m, Manager at Super 8 Coos Bay/North Bend, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

I am glad you enjoyed your stayI would like to comment on the state of our fire alarms the old red pull tabs out side the rooms are no longer operating due to the fact we have upgraded the building and they were disconected and new alarms were put in the rooms. The building is up to fire codes and inspected yearly. There are only 2 rooms here that have those fire pull tabs out side the room and I have checked all the out lets they are all working at this moment. some you do have to turn on the light swich to get them to work so maybe that was the case.
I do wish we could do something about the road noise but we do offer ear plugs if you need them just ask.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
radine m, Manager at Super 8 Coos Bay/North Bend, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Reviewed October 23, 2012

We stayed two nights in a very clean queen suite upstairs over the breakfast room. Odd roomy room, no couch, but it had two separate sleeping rooms, fireplace, microwave, fridge, desk, desk chair, iron & ironing board, closet & blow dryer. The linens were nicer than expected. Pet friendly hotel. They had no problem with our two German Shepherds. (fewer room choices when pets stay - which is ok with us). The only issue we had was the noise of the breakfast room below us in the morning. We took advantage of every hour on the coast and around town so being able to sleep in a little later would have made this hotel perfect for the price. It wasn't just a little noise; you could tell they were re-stocking, cleaning, etc. The parking was adequate and I like the way the hotel surrounded the parking lot. The staff was excellent no matter who we dealt with and we Definitely plan on staying again next year, now that we found a cozy place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for your stay! I will make sure that our workers that set up and clean up the breckfast room are more quiet in the future.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Sunset Oceanfront Lodging
Itty Bitty Inn
Itty Bitty Inn
#2 of 4 in North Bend

Been to Super 8 Coos Bay/North Bend? Share your experiences!