“Nice Room, Recently Renovated”

Super 8 Coos Bay/North Bend
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Coos Bay
Monroe, Georgia
“Nice Room, Recently Renovated”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Our stay at the Super 8 was short. We arrived late in the evening and headed out the next morning. We had an upstairs room. The room was quite spacious and appeared to have been recently renovated. The beds were comfortable. The motel is surrounded by highway 101 (one way on each side of the motel), but it was not noisy. There is a continental breakfast offered, but the breakfast area is extremely small. Overall, I would say this motel exceeded my expectation.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Bozeman, Montana
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We were in Coos Bay taking our son to college. Stayed 2 nights in the Super 8. The king bed was comfortable, the furnishing were nice, a little cramped but when there is so much to see around there, why spend a whole lot of time in a hotel room. The bathroom had been updated and was nice. There was a peculiar smell in the rooms.... not horrible but different. The breakfast room was very small, crowded and hot so we didn't stay for the free breakfast. Not a bad price for what you get... overall nice.

Hermiston, Oregon
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I get tired of people trying to think Super 8 motels are the Hilton, they are not the Hilton. They are clean, updated rooms. Yes they hotel is right on the highway but they can't help that and if the noise bothers you, get earplugs they work wonders.

It has a fridge,Microwave, tv, and free internet what more do you want ?

You can't beat a free breakfast!

Room Tip: Remember when booking on the Oregon Coast, a lot of the hotels are older. The Service is always nice...
1 Thank rlhanse
Paul, Idaho
Reviewed September 11, 2012

My two grandsons and I were on vacation and one grandson wanted to stay in a Super 8.
We had been staying in La Quinta motels and was surprised that this motel was $50 higher than any other motel we had stayed in. The lady checking us in was not very friendly and did not even ask if I qualified for any discounts. Once we were in my room and I was using the toilet, water dripped on me from the room above. The ceiling was fairly wet with numerous places where it was dripping. When I went back to the office, the lady acted as if I had done something wrong. . A man came in to get a room while I was talking to her. She said she had no other rooms on the ground floor. When I stated I had bad knees and could not use stairs, she asked me if the dripping was actually bad enough that I could not put up with it for one night. The man then stated he needed a ground room also as he had bad knees. She then smiled and him and told him no problem that she had ground floor suites but she could not give me one with the "low" rates she charged me. Mind you, the price for this room was well over $50 than any other motel I had rented thus far on our trip and nothing compared to the rooms from La Quinta. The man stated that he had the same problem when he stayed in Las Vegas once and they were more than happy to upgrade his room. I asked for my money back and she said she did have a handicap room that I could use. The beds were clean and the bathroom seemed clean. The carpet needs replaced. The rooms are a bit small but were fine for just sleeping. The walls are not soundproof at all and you could not only hear the people in the other rooms but every car that passed by. My grandsons said they did not think she was a very nice lady. She really made an impact on my grandsons and the one that said he liked Super 8, said he never wanted to stay in one again. To prove they are not all this way, we stayed in a Super 8 in Crescent City the next night and were all contended with the service we received there. Now that I am home, I have checked the rates online and see that I was charged almost double of what they quote online. I highly recommend to stay as far away as possible from the Super 8 in Coos Bay Oregon.

2 Thank Diana T

Travelers are raving about these Coos Bay hotels

BC
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed one night at this motel. The room was wide enough to accommodate a king bed with about a foot of space on either side. It was quite awkward to move around in such a small space. The upgrades shown in the pictures are cosmetic only. The linens are nice but the bed needs replacing. The bathroom had a facelift but the tub was very small and old. The building is sandwiched between two sides of highway 101 (the road splits) so lots of road noise. We were put in room 221 which I don't recommend as it is right beside the stairwell so unless the door is open, there is no light in the room and lots of noise from people going up and down the steps. When the front desk attendant asked how our stay was and we said it was noisy being in a room beside the stairs she just said "oh". Not much customer service there unfortunately. Breakfast was minimal. No pool or fitness facilities. We would not stay at this motel again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 3sunseekers
Central Utah
Reviewed August 30, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Coos Bay Super 8 during the third week of July 2012. The staff were friendly and accommodating. The room was a bit small, but adequate and clean. Coos Bay was having temperatures warmer than usual, just like most of the rest of the country, so the lack of air conditioning was a disappointment. Most any other time of the year, I'm sure that would not be an issue. We mostly managed by having a fan in the open window until we went to bed and we kept the ceiling fan going during the evenings and overnight. Since we were on the second floor, we didn't have a lot of passersby to raise our concerns about that. The breakfast room was small and the selections were few, but we did use that for breakfast most mornings and that usually held us over well until lunch time while we were out sightseeing. The location is just a mile or so from several restaurants in various directions. Downtown is just a few blocks away. We managed to go up and down the coast for 20 or 30 miles each way on different days and see quite a few points of interest, including lighthouses, beaches, the Seal Caves, and other historic places. Super 8 provided a reasonable and clean place for us to use as our main headquarters for the stay. The restaurant at the South end of the parking lot is a bit pricy from what I could see, but the motel does provide a discount for those staying there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Beaverton, Oregon
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I actually hate to write negative reviews, however I would not recommend this hotel. I usually stay at Red Lion or Edgewater when I travel to Coos for work. However, this time for some reason the hotels were booked in the middle of the week (with no events in the town - Whats up with That?!) Upon check-in I was not impressed with the parking. For the amount of rooms and with the restaurant attached to the hotel, there are not enough spaces or room for large vehicles especially when they are full. I checked in on a warm summer day and realized quickly they do not have AC! Yes I know this is the Oregon Coast but this is a hotel where customers drive up to the front of their rooms where windows face the parking lot. I was on the first floor. In order to cool off my room I had to open the window and place a fan in the window to blow in cold air. I am not a fan of having wide open windows while I stay in hotels especially when all the people in the parking lot can look in and see what you are doing. They are on the corner of Hwy 101 where it splits into one ways on either side and the highway noise is loud so keeping your window open is also a negative for the loud noise. I was also not impressed with the size of the rooms - they are really small and cramped. They need to replace the carpeting as mine was very stained and worn. However they have done some very nice upgrades to the rooms fixtures. Honestly if they had AC and replaced the carpet, while the room size would still be small I would have given this a very good.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better in the summer so you can keep your window open and feel more comfortable.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Plainview Motel & RV Park
Quality Inn & Suites at Coos Bay
Sunset Oceanfront Lodging
Best Western Holiday Hotel

Been to Super 8 Coos Bay/North Bend? Share your experiences!