“Look at the room first.”

Super 8 Coos Bay/North Bend
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Coos Bay
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We stayed here in July and I rate it as "OK". The staff was fun and did their best to satisfy us. We did not make reservations and this was a drop in. Price was better than most of the surrounding hotels. We looked at lucky room 113 before taking it and first impressions were clean. After settling in, I noticed that the wall near the bathtub is water damaged and needs to be repaired like "NOW". There is a hole. It appears that a repair may have been started but not finished. I brought it to their attention and I'm feel confident they will fix it. Carpet has large stains in some places. Also, I must add that the door needs a key to open because the electronics do not work. I don't think its a good idea to lend out the key I had. Not going into specifics, they know what I mean. Breakfast was good but very cramped. It looks like one of the actual guest rooms. I'm not a picky person and figure if I write it, they will work on it. I feel confident they will.

Room Tip: Expect a small room on the ground level. I don't know if there are bigger rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank RBeresh

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I will admit, we were all scared to stay at a Super 8 but it was late and we were tired. We had tried others in the area and everything was booked so this was recommended to us. Very friendly front desk staff. Rooms were obviously recently remodeled - new paint, bedding, desks, vanity in bathroom and tiling is all newer and perfectly fine. Bed is comfortable although it squeaks when you sit on the corners (happened in other 2 rooms too so it wasn't just me) but didn't squeak when you lay down. Rooms are really small; I would not want to stay here for a long time only because the rooms are so small (we had king size bed). My biggest complaint was that there were two hairs in the tub before I took a shower. Otherwise, the room and bathroom were very clean. No a/c in rooms but there is an overhead fan and, if you don't mind cracking the window open a little, it will actually get cold in the room. All the rooms were sold out and yet is was very quiet. Breakfast is great for the price of the room - make your own waffles, toast, bananas, cereal, coffee/tea, etc.
Location is very convenient to any activities in the area. Can't beat the price and it was better than I had expected.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank kdmia
Reviewed July 4, 2012

We found Super 8's to be good value fo rmoney and are pretty much always clean and teh staff are very helpful. The Super 8 in Coos bay was one of the nicest, room wise, it appeared to have recently had a face lift. The staff were greta and even the breakfast was superior.
Don't miss the Captian's Cabin Pub on 275-N. Broadway, teh bar is a divey, but the people are amazing, cheap prices and the food and bloody Mary's are worth the visit. Owned by fellow Canadian Nadene, and her husband Jim, they are trying to create a great community based busnesss.

2  Thank Karen J
Reviewed June 27, 2012

A pleasant motel, which didn't fail our expectations. Good breakfast, good staff, very clean. I felt safe and good and slept like a log.

2  Thank Mia M
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Safe, well kept courtyard and basic motel comforts. Everything is clean and quiet, except for some motorcycle noise from the road directly beyond the motel. No problems whatsoever, kind and polite staff.

1  Thank jlaakso
Reviewed May 24, 2012 via mobile

Have never stayed at a super 8 before. Figured it was just a good place for a late arrival early departure. We were blown away by how clean, modern, and comfortable this hotel is. It was a great surprise, even the free breakfast was better than the norm continental:)

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Jrbishop
Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

Checked in on a whim after having driven all day and did not have the highest expectations. Upon entering our room we were pleasantly surprised to find a very clean, modernized interior. Staff was incredibly welcoming and friendly. The bed is comfortable, with soft, CLEAN sheets. I didn't even think twice before climbing in, which is a trait of mine at the best of times. Bathroom is lovely. Have yet to experience the shower but I can't imagine it will disappoint. No complaints about noise or traffic thus far... Our ONE complaint is that the one chair in the room looks like someone may have had a bit too much "fun" and totally bent it out of shape. Not worth sitting on, but we didn't really stay to sit around. Adjoining restaurant has awesome burgers ( somewhat overpriced ) and wonderful staff. We'd absolutely stay again!

• Stayed: May 2012
Best Western Inn at Face Rock
Itty Bitty Inn
Itty Bitty Inn
#2 of 4 in North Bend

Been to Super 8 Coos Bay/North Bend? Share your experiences!