“Our own little piece of heaven”

Sandlake Country Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Cloverdale B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Portland, Oregon
“Our own little piece of heaven”
Reviewed May 11, 2008

I could not say enough about how wonderful this place is. We stayed for a weekend to celebrate our 7 year anniversary and this was our 2nd time with Diane and Ron at the Inn. They are so dedicated and friendly towards all of their quest.

We love it that we get spoiled when we come here. From all the personal touches that shine through to the extreme privacy you receive. The coast just minutes away and some of the best little restaurants like Rosanna's Cafe is a definite stop for the location and a great meal. It is a small romantic place so you should go before 5pm or you can wait for a table which I think is worth it.

We love it here at Sandlake Country Inn and I am constantly telling all of my friends and relatives they must stay at least once here. Dianne is the best cook there is. Her breakfast is to die for. Ron is a relaxed and fun guy to talk with. These two people make the experience a joy to stay at such a wonderful place.

• Liked — The location, service, privacy and Jacuzzi tub for two :)
  • Disliked — Absolutlely nothing
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank ColletteandJohn

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Tigard OR
Reviewed April 21, 2008

We can't say enough about our weekend getaway to the Sandlake Country Inn. The location is secluded and although there are four rooms that were all booked during our stay, we never saw anyone but the innkeepers. So private and romantic...we appreciated the countless small touches that made us feel pampered. The breakfasts were phenomenal and we love that they are delivered to the room!! We have and will continue to unreservedly recommend this inn to anyone looking for a romantic honeymoon-like vacation.

• Liked — private and secluded, cozy and charming, tastiest breakfasts ever
  • Disliked — not a thing!
  • Stayed April 2008
1 Thank michelleandjoe
Portland
Reviewed April 13, 2008

My husband and I have an infant and chose Sandlake because they offer a separate cottage for families (the rest of the place is adults-only, which I think is great). We were looking for an out-of-the-way inn, and that's exactly what this is.

The cottage is spacious, including a HUGE whirlpool tub and full kitchen with a separate breakfast nook (they even keep the cookie jar full!). The cottage looks out on a stream and is very secluded.

I was confused by the reviewer who noticed a mildewy smell because the whole place smelled great and was spotless. The next morning we got an amazing breakfast, served privately.

I would highly recommend Sandlake and would absolutely return; not only was the property in great shape, the managers were kind, helpful and make a great breakfast.

Excellent experience!

• Liked — The food was wonderful.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank algret
Gig Harbor, WA
Reviewed March 29, 2008

My husband & I absolutely loved this beautiful sanctuary set just off from the Ocean. Our stay at the cottage was very memorable & we hope to return very soon! The minute you walk in you feel as though you've come home, very much, unlike the too common sterile feel of walking into a hotel room. From The cozy dining nook & warmth of the fire place to the Fabulous jacuzzi! It was the perfect place to spend our honeymoon! Our jaunts into town or wandering the peaceful beaches...it couldn't have been better! It was the perfect escape to the beautiful country. Oh! my husband says the food was AWESOME! lol ( it was too)! Diane you've out done yourself we can't wait till we return! Thank-you soo much for a beautiful introduction to the many chapters too come!
~The Newlyweds Aaron & Jacqui

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — none
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank TheNewlyweds2008
Portland
Reviewed March 20, 2008

SandLake Country Inn is the best little B&B we have ever stayed at. We have been going there several times a year since 2000.
Sure the cottage and main house are "historic", thats the whole charm to the place. And it's location "out in the middle of know where" is one of the main reasons we go there so often.
The people who wrote the review before me missed out completely, to bad for them.
Thanks to Diane and Ron for their hard work, and dedication keeping the Inn the quaint place that it is.

• Liked — spa tub, location, secluded, gourmet breakfast
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ElviaPorltand
Vancouver, British Columbia
Reviewed March 17, 2008

Wow! From the moment we pulled in the driveway until the moment we left, my husband and I felt welcomed and extremely spoiled. The Innkeepers were wonderful and made us feel right at home. We stayed in the Timbers suite which was lovely and the large jacuzzi tub simply the best! We were shown the Cottage before we left (for future stays...) and it was gorgeous. The entire place exuded a delightful mix of history, cozy country, and luscious pampering. It was so peaceful and relaxing my hubby and I did not want to leave! Breakfast was delicious and well presented (fine china and all!). We were even able to pack the remaining portions for a light lunch as we toured up the coast line. All and all a wonderful stay, the only thing that could be improved upon, would be to stay longer next time! I highly recommend this secluded retreat!

• Liked — Everything!
  • Disliked — What's not to like?
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JS_R_Canada
Portland, OR
Reviewed February 4, 2008

Absolutely loved this place. Went for an overnight and stayed in the Cottage, which was a stand alone building next door. Had a great jacuzzi, and everything else we could imagine (kitchen, fireplace). The food was great and they were very friendly.

Driving in from Portland, we somehow got 2 flat tires on the way in! One I discovered when we arrived and the other not until the following morning. They were VERY helpful in getting me the tools I needed to fix the flat, and actually drove my and my 2 flat tires to the nearest shop the next morning. To say they went above and beyond would be an understatement.

We enjoyed every part of our getaway. The privacy, food, and help were all great. We would recommend this place to anyone.

• Liked — Everything about the place was intimate.
  • Disliked — Far away from everything (this is also a plus)
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jstoehr
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cloverdale
Inn At Cape Kiwanda
#17 of 35 in Lincoln City
Surf & Sand Inn
Surf & Sand Inn
#1 of 1 in Pacific City

Been to Sandlake Country Inn? Share your experiences!