“Good bargain for a Fishing Trip!”
Review of Northwoods Inn

Northwoods Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Clatskanie B&B and Inns
Gig Harbor, Washington
“Good bargain for a Fishing Trip!”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stayed one night at Northwoods Inn on our way to Astoria for a fishing adventure. The room was modest and clean. The room had a microwave and refrigerator. The TV was an older model but offered cable channels. The property was quiet. We never heard any of our neighbors or cars in the parking lot. The manager was helpful. For the price - it was a bargain!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Redmond, Washington, United States
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed one night. Enjoyed the stay. worth for the money. This hotel is in between Long beach and St. Helen. The front desk is very kind over phone as well as in person. I see him helping other guests on finding good car workshop and tour planning.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Portland, OR
Reviewed January 29, 2012

We came to Clatskanie for a basketball tournament. We had stayed across the street at the Clatskanie River Inn for a previous tournament, but it was full this time, so I booked at the Northwoods Inn.

I'm surprised at some of the other reviews mention that the room was dirty; perhaps those reviews were written before the renovation currently in progress as of January 2012 (they are currently renovating rooms on the second floor, and our first floor room felt like it was newly-renovated). The motel is clean, quiet, and a good value. The room has a microwave and refrigerator. I would stay here again; no frills, but no complaints.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Brian F
Reviewed April 30, 2011

I stayed multiple times this spring, and found the staff to be friendly and accommodating. My room was clean and the linens were fresh. The staff made my safety and comfort a priority and were great about me bringing along both my cat and dog for the duration of my stay. Fultano's across the street has great food, and there is a laundromat and grocery store nearby if you need them. I greatly appreciated their hospitality and would gladly book another stay with them if I come back to the area.

• Stayed March 2011
Canyonville, Oregon
Reviewed February 7, 2011

The wife and I stayed there on Feb 5 for was going to be two nights but was only one. We we got there went to open a glass for a drink of water the glass was broken I found some pills on the flour. what were they I don't know. The house keeping Is terrible. That was Friday. The next day someone tried to get in our room when just Vicki was there. Real good not. I tried to talk to the man next door he got very mad when I told him the I would protect my wife and room with force if necessary. He went to the office so did I. He told them that threatened him I did not they kicked my wife and I out. why?They he told me that I had five minutes to leave Of course I was very angry. We are disabled and he through me out for someone trying to break into our room. And I said that I would protect myself and my wife! What wrong with this picture? Please DON"T STAY THERE. And he called the cop[s before we got out witch only took us 3 minutes. so that's it the northwoods is the worst please that I have ever been In. Michael J Orth

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank morthmorth
Clatskanie, Oregon
Reviewed September 24, 2010

We actually live in Clatskanie, but we wanted a place to stay while we were having our bathroom remodeled. We have lived here over 21 years, and never had the opportunity. We were pleased with our stay. The rooms weren't fancy, but very roomy and clean. The shower was great, and we had a good supply of everything. Didn't turn the heat/air very much, but it was nice and quiet. It's pretty basic, but there is a place right on the same parking lot for coffee, treats, and gifts. And Fultanos, across the street, has great food. The staff, whom we know, was also very helpful and accomodating.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
Reviewed August 15, 2010

I arrived in the early evening. One person, one 6lb dog, one room.

Supposedly this is a pet friendly hotel, but the front desk woman acted like she'd never seen a dog in her life. She was so nasty, even though I'd signed the pet waiver and was in observance of all the pet rules (don't put her on the bed), and was paying the additional pet fee. She was so worried about her child being exposed to a pet hair ("My one year old goes in there"), yet the perfumed linens were more likely to cause an allergic reaction in her baby. Even if my dog WANTED to sleep on the bed, she wouldn't have because the linens smelled so severely of perfumed detergents.

***What's her child doing in a hotel room anyways?***

They supplied yellowed, dingy, smelly (heavily perfumed) linens, no tissues, and half a roll of toilet paper. I put my sleeping bag ON the bed in order to sleep. No second roll of toilet paper.

The woman was rude and not customer service oriented. There were 500 kids running around barefoot and screaming and she targeted my and my small dog.

No AARP, no AAA discounts.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
4 Thank amyfyt
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clatskanie
Clatskanie River Inn
#4 of 8 in Longview
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#5 of 7 in Kelso

Been to Northwoods Inn? Share your experiences!