“30 minute wait, wrong order, no apology”

Claim Jumper Restaurants
Ranked #2 of 87 Restaurants in Clackamas
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Having never been to the claim jumper, except once for take out of a salad, I decided to check out this restaurant with the huge portions. We took our pager after checking in and waited 30 minutes to get paged overhead- the pager never worked.
Our table was fine, but the menu the server handed us was disgusting. The pages were stuck together with grossness. It was sticky and awful. They need to clean these laminated things!

My daughter ordered the small caesar salad and it was good, nice lettuce- good dressing and croutons. I ordered the french dip with no roasted peppers and with au jus, ketchup and ranch. When the dinner came (from a different server) it had roasted peppers on it and was served with bbq sauce- (bbq sauce- really???). No ketchup in sight. The server who dropped our order dropped it and ran- no chance to talk to him about the mistakes in the order. Our server was absent for a long time- saw her helping others but she took a very long time to get back to check on our table. Couldn't catch her eye. I picked off the peppers to eat the sandwich, not being able to wait for the au jus. Finally the server came back and I explained my wrong order- she never apologized- a big mistake in customer service. She never took anything off the bill either- I would have thought the drink at least.
The french dip was just okay. The meat was overdone and a little old tasting. The bread was good and the au jus was good, however a little overwhelming with the salt- kinda typical. The fries are the very small type and they were good, not over fried or over salted.

We ended up having a pizza chocolate peanut butter desert that my daughter enjoyed, but I thought the pizza "dough" was very bland and should have been more shortbread, pie dough or cookie like. It would have even been better had it been regular pizza dough.

Over all I think the menu at the Claim Jumper is ridiculous. Way too many items to be good at any of them. Really fattening options- "The widow maker" hamburger- how sad and true with its 1500+ calories.
$30 for our meal before tip- we had a strawberry lemonade (yummy) and a lite beer.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

We had lunch Wednesday, no one at the front desk available to seat us, soon a gentleman in a white apron came up & we sat in the bar area. All the TVs were on the same channel, it's a lot more fun if you are able to view several different sports, makes for a hot topic. The appetizers are super, we had the mozzarella sticks & calamari. The lunch we had was a different story. My husband had the widow maker, it was cold & soggy, he said how can you screw up a hamburger. I had the rotisserie chicken, supposed to be slow cooked over open flames & roasted to perfection, fell very short of this description. I felt it should have cooked longer, a little brown on top but the rest of the chicken was very pail in color & very little flavor, (they should buy Costco chickens to serve, now their chicken has flavor) although it was moist, also the mashed potatoes had too much butter for me to eat. My granddaughter had the pizza from the child's menu, BBQ chicken pizza, she ate one piece, too much BBQ sauce & cheese. My grandson had the fish & chips, the fish was great, but my grandson ask what was up with the french fries (he was very disappointed they were not good). We left a lot of food on our plates, it seemed the server could care less. (earlier this year we had lunch @ CJ, my husband was picking at his burger, the server came over to check on us & asked about this & immediately took the plate & said I will get you another one & it did not take very long before he came back & also gave us free desert. That server was rewarded with a generous tip.) My husband said he gave12% tip on a $78.00 dinner & I thought it was too much, oh well, we decided that we will only return to have our favorite appetizers so we don't have to wonder if we will get a so hum server & meal.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

The appetizers were great, the food good, the waiter great but the double crown and 7 at $18 was a bit much. We won't be going back.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

I have had dinner and lunch at the Claim Jumper in Clackamas Oregon on several occassions. Each time I am met with staff who are a great team and enjoy their jobs. I have also always had a perfect meal at the Claim Jumper. This is a great place to eat!

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Had the lunch combo = pizza & salad. Rather dissapointed on how small it was.