“good price, clean bed, good service”

Clackamas Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Clackamas
Reviewed June 17, 2010

No frills, very clean, good bed, at a reasonable price, i believe $70 for 2 people. No complaints.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 17, 2010

I am currently staying for an extended stay on buisness and the employees have made this feel like a home away from home. The room was exceptionally clean all the time and the beds are really comfortable and feel brand new. Hotel is currentley being renovated and the upgrades so far are fantastic. The only downside that I can see is that the inn is on a busy intersection ,but the noise outside has never been an interupption inside. Also it is a central location for stores and food as well making all needs convienent. It has turned out to be a great find.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 8, 2009

First and foremost, the service at Clackamas Inn was excellent. The location is awesome as my window viewed out upon Mt Hood and it is a highly convenient location near ALL things. Finally, the rooms are great and Very clean. I am leary about Non chain hotels, but this one is fabulous and I will stay there again. I would highly recommend this hotel over any other in the Portland area that I have ever stayed before!!!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2008

We found the front desk help to be friendly and courteous and the lobby was nice and clean. There were strange people just sitting around outside smoking and staring at us though, and that gave me the creeps. Then we saw the room, it was disgusting. There was stuff smeared on the carpet and walls. The shower was moldy and there was hair on the tile, like they didn't even sweep. My kids' socks, which were white when we got there, were black when we left from the grime on the carpet and floors. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank the6Browns
Reviewed August 13, 2007

Why terrible?
The desk agent would not smile at all. Not even when we asked about her kids whose pictures were posted on the wall. Very solemn, as if it was her first day and she was very stressed out, or was on some type of amphetamine.

After I paid with my American Express Card and moved into the room, with all my luggage, she called and said I would have to pay cash or move out of the room right away. This leads credence to the theory about her being on drugs. I had already paid through American Express. I called the card company immediately and they called the hotel and assured them my payment was made and I was who I said I was. I was shaken up and didn't sleep as well as I would have. The desk agent never called me back, to say it was ok and apologize. Nor did they offer any compensation in return for my trauma. The woman at the desk in the morning was not sympathetic, and assured me they didn't hire people who were on drugs. So, they just act like they are on drugs.

Other than this, the hotel was made over cheaply to eliminate cigarette smell (which is still very evident in the elevator), and the rooms are spacious. The usual amenties are there. The coffee maker was too dirty to use, so I waited for coffee.

I would never enter this hotel again, and would not trust them with payment as for some reason they like to be paid twice.

The Hampton is nearby. But it was full this night, so make sure to reserve early.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank ommeher
Reviewed July 9, 2007

This hotel is a nightmare. I would strongly reccommend you find another place to stay. This is what I booked a month in advance. Non smoking, two beds. It ended up to be a stinky smoking room with one bed and a loveseat. The smell was so bad it was making my family sick. There was a pitbull walking around without a leash unsupervised. I went to the front desk to see if maybe they gave me the wrong room. Nope! They just screwed up. I moved hotels immediately along with three other families in our group. Never again will I consider staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2007
1  Thank herbaldenise1
Reviewed July 1, 2007

We recently booked this hotel without reading the reviews-my mistake! We had requested early check-in 1:30 in order to get ready for a wedding. They post a check-in on their website as 2pm. Our room was not ready until 3pm. We found the stench of cigarettes & cleaning materials to be unbearable. The room was not clean, including the bedding (yuk). The front desk was rude to say the least. We requested an extra blanket, which eventually we obtained after waiting until 10:30pm (requested at 6pm). Our room did not have cable tv as advertised, we were told it was because we had a bad remote which could not be replaced until the next day when the manager would be there. The pool was not clean and contained bugs, fungus spores and numerous cigarette butts around it. A large crowd was allowed to barbeque in the pool/parking lot until 11:30pm, drinking alcohol with trash & many broken bottles left behind. The noise from other rude guests went on until 3am with water ballons & loud music. The front desk person would not leave her post to attempt to resolve. You had better arrive early if you want their free breakfast of a few stale donuts and terrible coffee. This hotel is located next to a adult video store and street transients camp across the street in a vacant lot. This is to say the least - not a "family friendly" hotel as they advertise.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
3  Thank HN-Seattle
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clackamas
Hampton Inn Portland Clackamas
Comfort Suites Clackamas
Comfort Suites Clackamas
#5 of 7 in Clackamas
Days Inn Clackamas Portland
Monarch Hotel and Conference Center
Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel
Courtyard Portland Southeast/Clackamas

Been to Clackamas Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!