All reviewsbusy intersectionbiscuits and gravywafflesroom was cleanstay there againtraffic lightsvery nice continental breakfastshower capchili dogstrip mallcold cerealseveral yearsi highly recommend this hotelstaff was friendlywaffle makerlay your headnight's sleep
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I decided to stay at the Clackamas Inn and Suites based on the other reviews. I was greeted by a nice, polite male front desk attendant. The check-in went smoothly. I had originally asked for a top floor room but received a room on the first floor above the parkade. It was a spacious room on the back of the property which was quiet as long as the window was closed. The floor above creaked when the people walked across them. It woke me up a couple of times at night because it almost sounded as if someone was jiggling the door handle to my room. The breakfast was good and there were different options available. It would have been nice to have eggs even if they were hard-boiled. It would have been nice to have decaf coffee in the room for the in-room coffee maker. On the last day I stayed there I was out all day visiting relatives and did not come back until 10:00 pm. I noticed that the room had not been cleaned. I phoned the front desk and asked if there was a reason that the room wasn't cleaned. He asked me if the Do Not Disturb sign had been put out. "No" I stated. It is in the door on the inside where it should be. He looked up something and could find no notes about the room. He apologized and asked if there was anything he could do such as make the bed, give me new linens, etc. I told him I had enough linens for the next day and the bed did not need to be made up. He apologized again and said he would let the housekeeper know. The next day I checked out and asked if the clerk the night before had left a note for the housekeeping staff and the manager and he told me there was a note. This clerk did not apologize. I thought I would receive a phone call from the manager of Clackamas Inn and Suites apologizing for this oversight but did not. I was not pleased that I paid what every other guest paid for a clean room and mine was not clean. I am still not happy that the manager made no attempt to contact me. It leads me to believe that the desk staff is sympathetic to me but management is not. I will not stay at Clackamas Inn and Suites again when visiting relatives.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Alan19566591
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We were greeted by a very friendly worker when we checked in. The room was very clean and spacious. Although we could hear children's running footsteps in the hallway when we were in the room, it did not present as a big issue because it was only temporary. The facility is nice, although it is located by the main roads, it is actually pretty quiet. There is an interesting store right next to the motel, but nothing strange occurred. We were very impressed with the late evening snack at the counter, so it definitely added a little points to the experience. We will stay here again if we happen to come this way.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed July 31, 2013

What a lovely surprise this was. Check-in was easy. Staff were very nice. The rooms were spotless, the beds were very comfy and the room was big. The jetted bathtub was just what this weary body needed. This hotel is close to the hwy, near a supermarket, pizza place, sugar free bakery, Albertson's close by. The Brekkie was a normal continental breakfast with a waffle machine. Doesn't help if you have gluten sensitivities, but you can go across to Albertson's and by some gluten free brekkie items store them in the fridge.

It is easy access to Transit. My husband commuted to downtown via bus and train and it was about an hour commute. Check out was 12pm which was nice as well. It's about a 35 min drive to Woodburn outlet Mall if that is what you are looking for. The clerk told us he upgraded our room to a bigger suite which once again was a bonus. The only thing I would say bad would be the air con was really loud, other that, I would stay here again

Room Tip: We faced the road and it didn't impact our quality of sleep.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank feistyfemme
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I was looking for a great place to stay, where I could rest after a long day, and I'm glad to say this Inn really fit the bill. My father was impressed with the cleanliness and quality of the room they gave us, and let me tell you, we are always judgmental concerning this in the rooms/hotels we stay. We can't stand smoke-smelling rooms, gross carpets/floors and the obvious pet stains (and other) on said floors or even the beds. This room was perfect in all ways possible. Beds were comfy and big, the room was very spacious, bathroom clean and even the TV offered free movies, excellent for a nice family time (Ice Age, anyone?). Although my father did complain they didn't have spanish channels (We love mexican soap operas).
One thing the staff must take care about is the weird smoke smell in the lobby, isn't it supposed to be a smoke-free hotel? Anyway, the breakfast was very good in terms of continental. Overall, a great place to stay and an official one for us everytime we come to this area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My stay at the Clackamas Inn & Suites was peaceful and wonderful.
I was on a road trip and was too exhausted to continue on to my destination in Seattle, so I pulled off the road and just happened upon the Clackamas Inn & Suites.
The guy at the front was so kind and helpful, and in the morning he advised me of a nice jogging trail and quiet, pretty neighborhood to run through.
The place was clean and quiet, and the staff was so friendly.
The rates were great, too!
This is a great place to stay along your journey!

Room Tip: The room I was in was clean and quiet, and the bed was comfortable. I was on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo