“Both good and bad”

Clackamas Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Clackamas
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Beds were nice...staff not overly helpful or friendly. Breakfast was alright but spray for waffle machine and tongs were not out and we had to ask. Waited at the front desk a few minutes before someone came to check me out. Rooms were fairly clean. A few spots on the sheets and some pulls and tears in the waffle weave blankets. Elevator was a little troublesome. Noises from the hallway were very easy to hear. Numerous different people tried to get into our room which was weird.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Lisa C
There are newer reviews for Clackamas Inn & Suites

Reviewed March 31, 2012

I recently stayed here on a weekend trip to Portland with my mom and sister. I chose it based on the location, price, continental breakfast and free parking (hard to come by in Portland) It was very easy to find off the highway, close to a coffee stand, grocery store, gas station, etc. but hard to get into. I had to turn around at a store down the way and come back to turn into it, not a real problem just a frustration being tired. Parking was nice as there were lots of open spaces, but walking into the lobby I thought I had made a mistake. s I had to pick up the phone at the front desk to have someone come help me, and after waiting a few minutes she finally arrived. Waiting gave me a good chance to look around and I was not impressed. The lobby was small with a few tables for breakfast. it just looked old, and rundown. When the girls finally arrived she was nothing if not very short with me. She didn't greet me with a smile or a welcome just do you have a reservation? I felt like I was a burden to her day. She checked me in and told me the elevator was at the end of the hall. I went to the car and returned with my belongings, she was again gone from the front desk. As the office was right behind the desk I had no idea where she could have been. I easily found the elevator and went up to my room. There I was shocked. the room was very nice. It had new modern carpeting, fresh paint, nice furnishings, the bathroom was small but the sink was in the room area so it didn't need to be big. I really enjoyed staying in the room and would recommend this hotel based soley on that. The breakfast in the morning was okay but the coffee was gross, and the display looked and felt cheap. Check out was easy as the same girl again rudely took my keys and that was it.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank PugetSoundMom
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Very conveniently located, close to everything; although at an intersection of some very busy thoroughfares, inside the room we enjoyed quiet. The rooms are much more spacious than what I have come to expect, especially in the budget class. There is more than ample space, and the furnishings are attractive. If you're looking for great value for the price in a convenient location, I highly recommend the Clackamas Inn. Responsive and friendly staff, good breakfast, and the little pluses [such as a refrigerator and microwave in the room] all add up to make this a great place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MegandBigGeorge
Reviewed February 8, 2012

Went here on a medical trip, read reviews and it looked good and the pool was a plus.
We reserved our room and when we got there I was thinking "where's the pool?" So I looked around further and found it in the parking lot it was teeny tiny and green sludgy :(
All night long the gas station across the street was running a jack-hammer, not the hotels fault but still! The best things about the place--it's continental breakfast and it's employees.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank MTKKKF
Reviewed December 1, 2011

You know the old saying, "You should never judge a Book by it's cover!" this place can never be farther from the truth!!!!! Driving by looking for a place to stay, naturally being the genltleman I am, I gave the choice to my girlfriend. She picked the Clackamas inn and suites. I looked at her and said are you sure you don't want the Hampton inn across the street? No, she said. So we checked in. The price was perfect. Leaving us skeptical. They do take AAA for discounts by the way. So we went to our room. The place has obviously been renovated recently. Hallways are bright, and colorful. The rooms are exceptional, the beds and furnishings are very comfortable. The continental breakfast actually has a menu!!!!!! Being fat this is a selling point for me! And the food, excellent. While laying in bed the first night, I asked my girlfriend if she wanted to stay another night. Yes was her answer. So here we are. Happy! We will be coming back again!

Room Tip: Get AAA before you go, they give a 10% discount for showing the card. Enjoy yourself!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Brandon F
PHG1, General Manager at Clackamas Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2011

Thank you for stopping in and giving us a chance to take care of you while you were away from home. We have indeed renovated very recently and we are happy that you were pleased with what you found here. We are striving to provide the best lodging experience available in the Clackamas area and we truly appreciate your comments acknowledging what we have done and what we have to offer. We pride ourselves in our customer service and hope that we can be of service to you again in the future. Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed October 30, 2011

the cleaning crew needs to detail a bit more, found a coffee pouch in the coffee maker and a skittle on the floor. I wasn't thrilled with the large gap under the doors, but they're in the middle of renovating so it may still get done. Everything else was great. They're trying so for that I'd try them again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sheryl G

Thank you for staying with us and taking to time to review our hotel. The rennovation process is continuing and we are happy to hear that you like what we are doing. We are continuing to upgrade our hotel and comments from our guests do help us significantly as we move forward in the process. We are very proud of the improvements we have made and if you are able to return I know you will find an even more amazing change here. Your comments are valuable to us and we have already taken to steps to address what you noted. We hope to see you the next time you visit Clackamas.

Reviewed October 17, 2011

We enjoyed your hotel. All of the staff were pleasant and friendly. We stayed during your renovation and what has been done so far is awesome. I can't wait to come back and see the finished work. The room was nice, beds comfortable, and I love the fact that you are pet friendly so we can bring the "whole" family. Thanks again for the wonderful stay.

Room Tip: The only fault is the entrance. It can be hectic getting in and out at rush hour but we had no probl...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank bjboom

We very much appreciate your nice comments about our hotel and thank you for commenting on the rennovation we are doing. We have now completed installing new carpet throughout the entire hotel and also installed our new movie system complete with 32" flat panel TV's. We hope you will be able to come back and experience the new Clackamas Inn soon. It is exciting to us to have our customers return and see the exciting changed that we have made and are continuing to make. Thank you again for staying with us and for taking time to let others know about the experience you had here. We value our customers and pride ourselves in the service we give and it is heartwarming to have that acknowledged.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clackamas
Hampton Inn Portland Clackamas
Comfort Suites Clackamas
Comfort Suites Clackamas
#5 of 7 in Clackamas
Days Inn Clackamas Portland
Monarch Hotel and Conference Center
Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel
Courtyard Portland Southeast/Clackamas

Been to Clackamas Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!