“The Old Spaghetti Factory Happy Valley Oregon”

The Old Spaghetti Factory
Ranked #7 of 91 Restaurants in Clackamas
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 25, 2017

When entered we were immediately welcomed and ask how many people in our party. Within minute or so was seated in nice table just around the corner from the hostess area. Shortly Jessie our waitress came ask for any drinks and took our order for food. I had the minestrone soup which was very favorable and ravioli with clam sauce which was delicious. My associate had salad and managers special. Items were picked up and came back a few times to see if needed any else the dessert ice cream was good. . Good price and great tasting food with flavor.

Reviewed April 24, 2017

The interior is very nice, with large antique furniture pieces all over & unique decor. The food is always consistently good. We like the Pot Pourri with a little of everything, the Mizithra Browned Butter sauce & the side of Brocolli is done to perfection. It's a little sad that they won't cook a GF customer's brocolli in fresh water (they cook the brocolli in the pasta water therefore it's not GF) but whatever. The drinks are a little on the light side, but the milkshakes are good. The pesto ranch dressing is so delicious, we buy a pint of it to take home every time we visit. Sometimes the service can be lacking, especially in the middle of the day when there are so few customers & it should be more attentive, but overall it's usually very good. We also like the Ravioli & Lasagne & the meatballs are large enough to share.

Reviewed April 15, 2017

Decades ago I had dinner at an Old Spaghetti Factory in Akron, Ohio and was surprised to see that the chain was still in business and had a restaurant near our home in Oregon. After driving past it a few times, my husband and I decided to give it a try on a Friday evening.
I was delighted to see that Sangria was on their cocktail menu and thoroughly enjoyed their version. The warm bread was also very good. However, the salad was pretty bad-tasteless iceberg lettuce with very few vegetables.
My husband will eat any kind of pasta with tomato sauce and he enjoyed his spaghetti and meatballs. I ordered the chicken piccata. Generally this dish is served with thinly sliced veal or chicken, so I was surprised to see a full-sized boneless chicken on my plate. The second surprise was a chopped onion and herb topping of some sort on the chicken, but I have to say that the result was delicious. It is definitely not a traditional piccata dish, but it was very good, especially with the side of angel hair pasta. I would order this again.
We almost declined the included dessert, but were very glad we accepted the refreshing sherbet.
The service was good once we got started, but it took at least 15 minutes before our server showed up at our table. The restaurant was very crowded, with lots of extended families and young children.

Reviewed April 10, 2017

37 of us for dinner and drinks and not one messed up dinner. Food was very good atmosphere was very nice. Staff was over the top nice.

Reviewed March 29, 2017

During my recent trip to Oregon, I met family at The Old Spaghetti Factory in Clackamas.

Everyone ordered the 3-Course Meal, which comes with bread, soup or salad, entree, and ice cream for dessert. Most of my family members ordered the Mizithra Cheese and Browned Butter sauce over spaghetti, which is the restaurant's most popular dish. They all raved about it and encouraged me to try it, but I had my eyes set on the Gourmet Jumbo Crab Ravioli, which is topped with a rich Pesto Alfredo Sauce. It was divine.

The service was excellent and the ambiance sublime. This was the perfect place to enjoy a meal with family.

I will definitely be visiting The Old Spaghetti Factory again!