“Great food!”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Chevy's Fresh Mex
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: When we think Chevys Fresh Mex, we go to our happy place; fun-lovin’ guests, fajitas & margaritas, and the freshest food, always from scratch. Founded in 1986 in Alameda, California, Chevys is an ultra-casual restaurant concept that offers guests an array of freshly prepared Mexican dishes in a relaxing atmosphere. Similar to other Real Mex restaurants, Chevys prepares its dishes daily from scratch using only the freshest ingredients. Chevys is a national brand with locations in 8 states. Chevys' store base includes 39 Company-owned restaurant locations and 16 franchised restaurants. With more than 25 years of successful operations, Chevys is the most widely recognized Mexican casual dining brand in northern California, and is the second largest Mexican casual dining brand in California in terms of number of restaurants, behind El Torito. Designed to offer a fiesta for the senses, where every experience is fresh, fun and full of flavor, the concept is focused on the execution of its trend-setting Fresh Mex® menu and continuous innovation. Chevys uses a "Fresh Mex®" pledge which underscores the Company's promise that all products are made daily from scratch.
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We love the restaraunt. Good food, great atmosphere. Tends to be a little cold so if you chill easily, bring a jacket! Happy Hour has some good choices. Service is wonderful

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We took our granddaughter here after her basketball game. Good food choices and drinks too. Highly recommend. Four of us had a wonderful meal.

Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

The worlds best salsa. Great place to bring my family of five and spend under $30. With coupons which are fairly regular.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

What happened to this restaurant???? Used to be "fresh Mex" with wonderful flavor combo's that we couldn't get anywhere else in Portland metro, but I admit I hadn't been there for 3 yrs or so ---- ugh, now it's the most flavorless place -- even less than Taco Bell. Asked for a "little bit" of spicier salsa to amp up the tasteless entrees and they added on $1 for a bland bowl of a few chopped tomatoes and no-taste onions with a few green flecks. Will never go back.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

As a lover of any kind of Mexican food even Mexican TV dinners every time I was in Oregon visiting family I kept telling myself that one day I would stop and eat at Chevy's Fresh Mex, but never got around to it until this September. What a mistake.

The restaurant looks nice on the outside as well as the inside Things looked promising as we walked in. We all ordered burritos and a side order of guacamole salad.

But after just one bite of the nachos with hot sauce I knew I was in the wrong restaurant.
The nachos seemed to be the same as you can buy in a bag at your local grocery store and the "hot sauce" had all the flavor of diluted ketchup.

the tooth paste like guacamole salad was no better it had the right color..... green, but I cant help but wonder what percentage of avocado was actually in that guacamole salad.

The burritos were a masterpiece of disguise. If I closed my eyes I could not tell what I was eating , it could have been my shoe for all I could tell .The food was so nondescript and industrialized .

As hungry as I was after only a few more bites I was just making myself sick. My company agreed with me we were best to cut our losses and go eat anyplace else. The food may be fresh, but till now it has been the worst food I have ever had at any restaurant.

service was fast and friendly for a party of three I paid $47 including soft drinks.