“Basic Room. Clean but basic.”

Days Inn Clackamas Portland
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Clackamas
Reviewed November 10, 2009

This is a completely average hotel. I would likely stay somewhere a little nicer next time, while I can say nothing poor about this hotel, there is nothing really nice to say about it either. Totally average. The rooms all have wireless service, but since I have a work firewall against wireless could not access the internet, that was a little disapointing but more my issue than the hotels. Third floor is a sleep center for a local medical group, I found that a bit odd. There is a workout room but it has one machine a bowflex. Totally basic.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed July 31, 2009

Well where to start- first we were sent up to a room on the top floor where there was a sleep lab at the end of the hall. weird. When we opened the door to our room the stench of cigarette smoke was undeniable! even though we had specifically asked for a non-smoking room. I looked at the door to make sure they didn't just make a mistake and found they had placed a cut out of a non-smoking symbol over the smoking symbol with two sided sticky tape. When we brought the sticker to the front desk to request a different room and let them know that just putting a sticker on it just simply would not do, the manager tried to tell us that it was really a non smoking room. I am not that stupid, really. They gave us a different room and it just went from bad to worse. The bed was so substandard and you could see the very old mattress through the sheet. Long story short we had to put our own blanket down over the sheet and sleep with no covers.

We would never have chosen this hotel it was included in the price of a business conference. the next day we packed up and got the conference people to provide us with a more suitable room. We ended up with a Holiday inn ahhh at least a three star with clean sheets. And no weird stains. Oh and for all this we had to pay $100 for one horrible night!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 10, 2009

I stay in Portland area for work all the time I have tried other locations but always come back here. The staff is very friendly, the property is always clean and well maintained.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 7, 2009

This hotel was excellent! Very accomidating. Ask and you shall receieve here. The shutte was a great extra feature, they took us all over Clackamas at no charge.

The hot-tub and sauna was well needed after or long day of shopping. The girl at the front desk even gave us coupons for the mall and we got a cute gift bag from them as well.

Also, being upgraded was appriciated too :)

Great breakfast, great staff, great PRICE... GREAT HOTEL

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed November 3, 2008

Are all the rooms that small? I kept waking, thinking people were in my room or at the door, because of conversations in the hallway or rooms next door - the walls look thick but they are not at all. Storm windows prevented much fresh air from coming in. Elevator made a loud constant alarm sound that echoed down the hallway. Decent internet connection, but not enough wall outlets. Heater worked very well, bed was comfortable, lots of hot water for the shower. Had problem with spiders (third floor, not first). Would not recommend due to the sound carrying so much.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2008

One of the worst hotels I have stayed in. The beds were extremely hard and when I called down to see if there were any mattress pads or even extra pillows, the desk staff said they didn't know and didn't have time to check. The window screen was partially torn out of the window and it seemed a big inconvenience when I called down to the desk to ask about getting that fixed.

The door to our room looked like someone painted over numerous patches where the locks were broken and the television and radio both did not work well. The hotel's workout area is in the same room as the hot tub......so you work up a sweat without ever getting on the treadmill.

The breakfast was average at least and housekeeping staff were pleasant enough.

Have stayed at Days Inns before and liked those but this one needs serious work. Would not recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 27, 2008

I stayed here for one night w/2 friends of mine. We live in the area but wanted to get a hotel room just for fun for one night as sort of a "girls night". I have stayed here many many years ago as a youngster when we were vacationing in Portland before we moved here.

The check in process was slow. Not for me, but for the people in front of us so it took about 15 min of waiting in line to get a room. However the gal at the front desk was friendly, so I didn't mind. The parking was decent. Even if all the spots near the entrances to the hotel are full, there is plenty of other parking.

The interior corridors had a very pleasant smell in my opinion. The elevator however smelled bad. The look of the interior corridors is nice. It looks like they may have added new carpet within the last couple years.

The room itself was pretty standard...nothing super special but not junky either. The room was warm and humid when I entered the room since the A/C wasn't on. The TV reception wasn't the greatest. One thing is that there was no actual closet, instead the entertainment center opened up and they provide hangers in there to use as a closet. The bathrooms looked good. I didn't use the shower, but it did have adjustable settings on the shower head as well as a curved shower rod. The beds were as hard as a rock and me and one of my friends had the hardest time sleeping. Also, it was hard to keep a comfortable room temperature in the room. I had turned the A/C on to 70 degrees, which was nice for awhile, but I had woken up at 3am feeling hot and uncomfortable. The only way to keep the room cool for me was to set it to 60 (which to me seems way too cold) because anything higher didn't seem help.

As for amenities, they have a computer in the lobby w/internet (I didn't use it, but it was there) however there was no printer available at the time since it was broken. They offer a continental breakfast w/waffles, cereal and muffins. They offer an outdoor pool (again which I didn't get to use). They do not allow pets to stay here.

This property has a great location near restaurants, a big mall, and a hospital. This place also has great freeway access.

Overall I wasn't super impressed w/this place. It's not a dump but w/the hard beds and the room temperature issue, it was hard for me to get a decent night's sleep.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clackamas
Monarch Hotel and Conference Center
Courtyard Portland Southeast/Clackamas
Comfort Suites Clackamas
Comfort Suites Clackamas
#5 of 7 in Clackamas
Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel
Hampton Inn Portland Clackamas
Holiday Inn Express Portland SE-Clackamas Area

Been to Days Inn Clackamas Portland? Share your experiences!