“Love the staff”

Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Clackamas
Seattle, WA
“Love the staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2009

I stay in Portland area for work all the time I have tried other locations but always come back here. The staff is very friendly, the property is always clean and well maintained.

• Liked — The staff is great
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2009

This hotel was excellent! Very accomidating. Ask and you shall receieve here. The shutte was a great extra feature, they took us all over Clackamas at no charge.

The hot-tub and sauna was well needed after or long day of shopping. The girl at the front desk even gave us coupons for the mall and we got a cute gift bag from them as well.

Also, being upgraded was appriciated too :)

Great breakfast, great staff, great PRICE... GREAT HOTEL

• Liked — The price and friendlyness
  • Disliked — Nothing. The experience at the Days Inn was great!
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
Fort Wayne, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2008

Are all the rooms that small? I kept waking, thinking people were in my room or at the door, because of conversations in the hallway or rooms next door - the walls look thick but they are not at all. Storm windows prevented much fresh air from coming in. Elevator made a loud constant alarm sound that echoed down the hallway. Decent internet connection, but not enough wall outlets. Heater worked very well, bed was comfortable, lots of hot water for the shower. Had problem with spiders (third floor, not first). Would not recommend due to the sound carrying so much.

• Liked — Convenient to freeway
  • Disliked — Noisy
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Clackamas hotels

Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2008

One of the worst hotels I have stayed in. The beds were extremely hard and when I called down to see if there were any mattress pads or even extra pillows, the desk staff said they didn't know and didn't have time to check. The window screen was partially torn out of the window and it seemed a big inconvenience when I called down to the desk to ask about getting that fixed.

The door to our room looked like someone painted over numerous patches where the locks were broken and the television and radio both did not work well. The hotel's workout area is in the same room as the hot tub......so you work up a sweat without ever getting on the treadmill.

The breakfast was average at least and housekeeping staff were pleasant enough.

Have stayed at Days Inns before and liked those but this one needs serious work. Would not recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2008

I stayed here for one night w/2 friends of mine. We live in the area but wanted to get a hotel room just for fun for one night as sort of a "girls night". I have stayed here many many years ago as a youngster when we were vacationing in Portland before we moved here.

The check in process was slow. Not for me, but for the people in front of us so it took about 15 min of waiting in line to get a room. However the gal at the front desk was friendly, so I didn't mind. The parking was decent. Even if all the spots near the entrances to the hotel are full, there is plenty of other parking.

The interior corridors had a very pleasant smell in my opinion. The elevator however smelled bad. The look of the interior corridors is nice. It looks like they may have added new carpet within the last couple years.

The room itself was pretty standard...nothing super special but not junky either. The room was warm and humid when I entered the room since the A/C wasn't on. The TV reception wasn't the greatest. One thing is that there was no actual closet, instead the entertainment center opened up and they provide hangers in there to use as a closet. The bathrooms looked good. I didn't use the shower, but it did have adjustable settings on the shower head as well as a curved shower rod. The beds were as hard as a rock and me and one of my friends had the hardest time sleeping. Also, it was hard to keep a comfortable room temperature in the room. I had turned the A/C on to 70 degrees, which was nice for awhile, but I had woken up at 3am feeling hot and uncomfortable. The only way to keep the room cool for me was to set it to 60 (which to me seems way too cold) because anything higher didn't seem help.

As for amenities, they have a computer in the lobby w/internet (I didn't use it, but it was there) however there was no printer available at the time since it was broken. They offer a continental breakfast w/waffles, cereal and muffins. They offer an outdoor pool (again which I didn't get to use). They do not allow pets to stay here.

This property has a great location near restaurants, a big mall, and a hospital. This place also has great freeway access.

Overall I wasn't super impressed w/this place. It's not a dump but w/the hard beds and the room temperature issue, it was hard for me to get a decent night's sleep.

• Liked — The property's location
  • Disliked — the beds and the A/C
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
Shady Cove, OR
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2008

This hotel that sits at the corner of I-5 and Sunnyside, a busy street. They've cut the traffic noise amazinly well (we were on the back side) but it was still a problem for this country gal.

The rooms were rather small and had a funny smell. Fortunately, we were able to open a window to air it out. Otherwise, they were clean.

They offered a free "Carbinental" Breakfast. It was a feast of white sugar and flour - no eggs, no yogurt, not even sausage gravey. The most nutritious option was instant oatmeal. It's pretty bad when I say to my husband, "Let's go to McDonands. It will be more nutritious."

The pool is outdoors - in the perpetual Portland rain. Why do they even bother?

Our stay there was uneventful, but nothing special. If you have to stay right on the freeway, it isn't bad. That's about all I can say.

• Liked — Location close to family
  • Disliked — Carb only breakfast
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
Central California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2008

I travel to Portland a few times a year. Most of my time is spent in SE, S, and SW areas and this place is very convenient.

The rooms are clean and comfortable, with coffee pot, refrigerator, hair dryer and nice TV. While there isn’t a microwave in the room there is one you can use for popcorn in the breakfast room. I have always had a good wireless internet connection, strong and fast. There is also a guest computer in the lobby.

The pool is outside so in Portland this limits its usable season.

There are many choices for food and drink close by. I recommend McMenamins Sunnyside http://www.mcmenamins.com/index.php?loc=38&id=378 , it’s just across the parking lot and a Portland icon (McMenamins that is). Good pub food and great microbrews, but their house brand liquors are pretty lame.

Another few hundred feet and you will find a Izzy’s pizza, good pizza (GREAT crust) and good lunch and dinner buffets.

Enjoy your stay, I know I’ll enjoy my next one.

• Liked — Cleanliness, Price, location
  • Disliked — outdoor pool
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clackamas
Monarch Hotel and Conference Center
Comfort Suites Clackamas
#5 of 8 in Clackamas
Courtyard Portland Southeast/Clackamas
BEST WESTERN Plus Rivershore Hotel

Been to Days Inn Clackamas Portland? Share your experiences!