“Used to be nice but not anymore”

Days Inn Clackamas Portland
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Clackamas
Eugene, Oregon
“Used to be nice but not anymore”
Reviewed May 10, 2012

We have stayed there several times over the last few years but not any more, it needs updating and cleaning. Rooms are dirty, bath tub was cracked and dirty, tv broken, etc.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank toddandmarie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed April 15, 2012

My room was clean, quiet, and comfortable. Desk clerks were nice and friendly. My one complaint concerns the breakfast room. Staff was unable to keep up with the large volume of diners. One morning I found most of the tables dirty, no orange juice, and the bananas all gone. Another morning there was no coffee. All things considered, though, I do recommend this Days Inn.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Greg N
Reviewed February 27, 2012

You get what you paid for.. place to sleep.. all amenities, breakfast... So yes, decent for price..

• Stayed February 2012
Marco Island, Florida
Reviewed February 6, 2012

During my recent business trip, I stayed for several weeks @ the Days Inn Portland South in Clackamas, Oregon. By far, this hotel (and it's staff) provided an excellent location to stay with it's close proximity to Downtown Portland, and also nearby shopping, the Max Station for convenient access into the City, restaurants and other local amenities.
Definitely make this hotel on your short list for places to stay. Albeit, the hotel may be a little outdated (but on the other hand is also kept extremely clean due to their hardworking cleaning staff) and the Front Desk staff's professional attitude, complete expedient willingness to facilitate any hotel guest's request, and overall positive attitude make for all good experience.
The consistent respect and exemplary service of Hotel employees' PJ Helit, along with his staff of Mallory, Dayana, and Sujana were a constant throughout my stay. I've stayed in all ranges of hotels from Five Stars down and have not been provided this high level of service that I had received while staying at this Days Inn location.
I definitely will be back; save yourself some time looking for hotels and make this location your choice.
Keith Rost

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Keith R
Victoria, BC Canada
Reviewed January 15, 2012

The rooms most certainly need a make-over as we have stayed in much nicer Days Inns.Our room was small and the queen sized bed filled the room. Breakfast was good and the location across the free-way from a huge mall is good.

Room Tip: Stay on the side away from the freeway so you have a quiet sleep.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Kailua, Hawaii
Reviewed January 13, 2012

Portland is one of my favorite places and I make solo trips here often to unwind. As such, value is important to me...maximum bang for minimum cost. I've stayed here two years running and I can say it's on my short of list of places that I consider - I've have good experiences here. It's next to I-205 but I haven't noticed the noise when I've stayed there. Clackamas Town Center, with numerous places to eat and a MAX station that will take you downtown, is a short walk across the overpass.

Nice spacious rooms, a friendly staff that sometimes does more than expected, and resolves problems promptly. I would definitely consider staying here again and again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank pineapplejuice729
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed December 24, 2011

I regretted choosing this hotel. We almost had to change rooms, due to ants marching in the window and a leaky sink faucet that they could not fix... looking at the amount of long-term damage to the counter, it had been an issue for quite sometime. We wrapped towels around the faucets. Unfortunately, we stayed at this hotel for almost a week on our road trip. There was no closet/hanging rod to put our clothes upon. Not much storage at all. The bathroom and bedroom were some of the smallest, tightest we had been in. There was no eating table, since one would not fit. We had difficulty plugging in our computer/electronics, as they had few outlets. The breakfast was drab, scant, and the breakfast room was usually very crowded. They did have one coffee dispenser that had particularly good coffee. But, I will go across the highway to stay at a nicer, roomier hotel next time I'm in Portland. The staff did try to address some of the issues, but I wish the issues were not there to begin with!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Flowin-n-Going

Travelers are raving about these Clackamas hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clackamas
Monarch Hotel and Conference Center
Comfort Suites Clackamas
#5 of 8 in Clackamas
Courtyard Portland Southeast/Clackamas
Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel

Been to Days Inn Clackamas Portland? Share your experiences!