“Location”

Hampton Inn Portland Clackamas
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Clackamas
Reviewed June 23, 2014

This motel was next to the Interstate. The access to and from the motel was quick and short. A traveler should also look at the location on google maps, especially the view from the air, and not end up in the parking lot of the Denny's between the motel and the street. The breakfast selection was a little different each morning.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
gurutravel101, General Manager at Hampton Inn Portland Clackamas, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback! Glad you stayed with us - this summer has been so very busy so far. We hope to see you soon.
Thanks

Reviewed June 22, 2014

The not so good - being a diamond/gold member for the past 13 years, I have stayed in quite a few Hampton Inns. The majority of them are modern with updated furnishings and an upscale feel about them. This is not one of them. Many of the furnishings are very outdated. The AC/Heating unit was like the old AC units we used to put in our windows back in the 80's. My room had the smallest bathroom sink I've ever encountered (had to keep my toiletry kit out in the room because of space). The walls are thin, I could hear my neighbors 1 1/2 hour phone conversation. After flying all day from the east coast, I had drifted off to sleep around 7:30pm. At 7:52pm, I was awaken by somebody vacuuming outside my door-at that hour of the evening !
The good - most definitely the staff. Extremely pleasant and always smiling. I arrived early for check-in and they were very accommodating about getting me in a room. The room is equipped with lots of outlets for the many gadgets we all travel with nowadays.
If I travel through again, most likely I will look for other hotels which are more modern. However, I would stay here again if I had to.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Itsjustme47

Good day and thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We appreciate both good and not so good reviews. I can then focus my team on areas we can improve. We do have new PTAC units being installed and better insulated windows on our freeway side. The wooden cubby in the bathroom was installed for toiletries. Thank you for being a loyal Hilton Family Guest and we do hope to see you again. Thanks again

Reviewed June 22, 2014

As I mentioned on the questionaire everything was great from the desk service to the staff and cleanliness of the Hotel and especially the Continental Breakfast was very fresh and the service was great. The only reserve I have regarding Clackamas Or. Hampton Location is the room was too small if I had family visit during my stay there was no room to move around and the bed was too small for comfort. I was also concerned to open my window to get fresh air the room was located on the bottom floor and opened to a side street making easy access for any unwanted visitors a rod iron fence along the side walk would resolve that issue.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank YOU for being our guest and for taking the time to give us a kind review. Your happiness and safety is number one for my staff and myself. I will bring your rod iron fence idea up to the hotel owners. Keep in mind when booking a reservation you can let us know you would prefer a higher floor. Thanks again, and we look forward to your future visits.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

I liked the location of the hotel. There were couple of restruants and shops close by. The rooms were clean and tidy and the breakfast is fine. I love the 24 hour availability of coffee/tea. I also love Hampton Inn. In short, value for money and great place to stay.

Room Tip: Any of the room is great
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
gurutravel101, General Manager at Hampton Inn Portland Clackamas, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words, I sure appreciate getting any and all feedback. Hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

This is an older style Hampton Inn, but does the job just fine if you know going in what to expect.

Room location is key here, as one side faces out onto the noisy I-205 and does not really quiet down at night as big trucks seem to be constantly entering the highway from there, and the other, quieter side - which you should request - faces onto the back of a Denny's restaurant.

Rooms are definitely on the small side. A 2 queen bed room is big enough for 2 people, but that's really it. Yet, the hotel is clean and comfortable, and the staff are very friendly and accommodating.

Also this is by far the best value for for Hilton Honors point redemption - 10,000 per night versus 30-40,000 and up for all other Portland-Vancouver HH hotels.

Room Tip: Request rooms facing away from I-205!
1  Thank hotelreviewer333

Thank you for your kind words. My staff and I love to read all our reviews. Anything within our power we want to make as perfect as possible. Thanks for being our Guest! Glad you were able to use your Hilton Honor points and book your stay for Free! You have earned it.
Thanks again!

Reviewed June 11, 2014

This hotel went out of its way to let us check in early and provided cookies for us at the counter. It is with in 20 miles of Portland and has a Dennys next door with a bar inside very nice place to stay.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Hotel definitely not up to Hampton's usual standards. Not enough seating at breakfast. Caulk missing around bath tub. Air conditioner so noisy that I had to turn it off during the night. Wouldn't book this location again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clackamas
Monarch Hotel and Conference Center
Courtyard Portland Southeast/Clackamas
Comfort Suites Clackamas
Comfort Suites Clackamas
#5 of 7 in Clackamas
Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel
Days Inn Clackamas Portland
Holiday Inn Express Portland SE-Clackamas Area

Been to Hampton Inn Portland Clackamas? Share your experiences!