“it was good” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Clackamas
Tacoma, United States
“it was good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

it is a good hotel, very close to alot of things, and right off the freeway. the continental breakfast was really good! but the staff never smiled and complained that they were running out if food because their were 2 teams there. but the food was hot , and there was enough:)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Korean first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

I am a loyal Hilton honors member . This is by far the worst Hampton Inn I have stayed in. It had a Motel 6 dirty feel to it. Window AC unit, cheap plaster paint on the walls. I checked in at 8:30 pm and had to wait 5 minutes for a attendant to check me in. I do not recomend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TravelingManZZZ
gurutravel101, General Manager at Hampton Inn Portland Clackamas, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
So very sorry to hear how disappointing your night was. We definitely have high standards and inspect each room for any flaws. Please let us know while you are here or give us a call, I will gladly refund your night. We honor and stand behind our 100 percent guarantee. Our summer months are very busy and we try to get every guest promptly checked in , sorry for your delay due to being busy. Take care and have a good day.
BEND
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

We always enjoy staying at Hampton Inns when we travel. Comfortable, clean, quiet and good breakfast in the mornings plus very friendly staff. This hotel is just far enough outside Portland to get away from the hustle and bustle yet be close enough to the city and attractions.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GEORGIA S
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

My partner and I stayed here using our Hilton Honors points while visiting Portland, and I'm glad we did. We had a rental car, so getting to Portland only took about 15 minutes. There is however a TriMet bus station across the street that will take you into Portland. I had never stayed at a Hampton Inn, and my expectations were exceeded. Everything was clean and in good working-order. We had to use the Guest Laundry facility, and everything operated as it should (no lost change, dryer was hot). The in-room hairdryer worked well too (if you travel, you know why I'm mentioning these things- because these things have a tendency not to work, and it's annoying). Housekeeping did a nice job; and the maintenance worker was pleasant and said good morning on the elevator. Front desk staff were cheerful and energetic. For what I considered a smaller hotel, I was pleased by the amenities; indoor whirlpool, gym, business center, and a great hot breakfast. I'm picky when it comes to food, and I have to say, the food was very good! We had cheese omelets with breakfast potatoes, biscuits with sausage gravy, fresh assorted fruit, (they also had waffles, muffins, ect). The coffee was very good, and hot.

We had a corner room on the 4th floor with one Queen bed (what was left that I could get free with Hilton Honors points); the room was admittedly small but adequate and comfortable. The bed had the right combination of being plush but firm enough to provide back support. The toilet (now I don't normally comment on the toilet but..) it was the small round-bowl type. I would have liked a more modern, elongated seat; but whatever, right? Bed sheets were nice and soft, and I loved the pillows. If we had to pay for this room, it would have been rack-rate at $100/night, which is about what I would expect to pay, and wouldn't feel bad doing so.

They do mention at check-in to lock your car and remove your valuables due to recent car break-ins; however the area didn't seem bad to us and we felt safe. I did notice Security roaming the property at night, and that made me feel better.

All in all, very pleasant staff and comfortable accomodations. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Our corner room with one bed was a tad small.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EscapingTheMouse
gurutravel101, General Manager at Hampton Inn Portland Clackamas, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Well thank you for your very nice review. Guests like you make our jobs easy!!! Have a wonderful day and we hope to see you soon!!
Anaheim
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

Stayed at this location 2 separate nights. Both nights very comfortable. Staff very friendly and accommodating for any needs. I would definately recommend this as a high quality at a good price when traveling to this area

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

2 Thank David M
gurutravel101, General Manager at Hampton Inn Portland Clackamas, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank ou for being our guest and we appreciate your feedback. We hope to see you in the near future, Thanks GM
Sweet Home, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

Hotel is very close to the interstate but you do not hear any noise. The lobby and entrance are very clean and the staff is very helpful. The rooms are small but if you are just sleeping there they are fine. The bed mattress is bit lumpy and could use an upgrade.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

2 Thank Shreves-clan
Salem, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

I had tickets to The Manhattan Transfer and needed to find a hotel for an overnight stay. Not wanting to spend a great deal on a room for this trip, I selected the Hampton Inn Portland/Clackamas. It is right off I-205 and less than two miles to Clacakmas Town Center, a retail center and light rail station for the green line MAX train.

The rates were reasonable so I booked my room, a king standard. The rooms are not spacious and rather small. The bathroom is also very small. I probably would not stay here for extended stays due to the small size of the rooms.

My room faced the west, which is the location of I-205, a major north-south freeway spur. It was somewhat noisy but not too bad. If noise is a problem for you ask for rooms on the east side of the hotel.

This hotel does not have suites so if you are HiltonHHonors Gold or Diamond forget any upgrades.

The breakfast is complimentary for all guests and is good. It does not compare to a Doubletree or Hilton Garden Inn. Those properties are in a different class of hotel so its not really fare to compare the two. The fresh fruit being served was very good I might add. In fact better than some other hotels!

If you are planning to go into Portland plan on taking your car, or the MAX light rail. Once on MAX you are able to transfer to the other lines at various stations.

This is a typical Hampton Inn. A good place to sleep for a good price. It needs a refresh to bring it up to the standards of the newer properties.

Staff was great and most welcoming at this Hampton. I always appreciate it when the hotel staff is welcoming and helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clackamas
Comfort Suites Clackamas
Comfort Suites Clackamas
#6 of 8 in Clackamas
Courtyard Portland Southeast/Clackamas
Monarch Hotel and Conference Center
BEST WESTERN Plus Rivershore Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Portland SE-Clackamas Area
Days Inn Clackamas Portland

Been to Hampton Inn Portland Clackamas? Share your experiences!