“Enjoyed our stay, tastefully decorated rooms, great food!”

Monarch Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Clackamas
Vancouver, Washington
“Enjoyed our stay, tastefully decorated rooms, great food!”
Reviewed August 24, 2010

My wife and I had stayed at the Monarch a couple of years ago for our anniversary. We came back again because we heard that it had been remodeled and we like the location close to shopping. We stayed in the King spa suite. The room was very nice and clean with new decor and treatments. The spa tub had been updated to a more modern type. Our room was very spacious and had a southern territorial view, which I enjoyed. My wife's favorite for breakfast is the corned beef hash. My favorite for lunch is the Ruben and our favorite for dinner is the seafood pasta sauté.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Idaho
Reviewed March 18, 2010

We were not happy with our stay at this hotel. The towels were paper thin, the drains in the shower and sink were always backed up, water temperatures varied drastically in the shower, and the walkway between the two buildings always smelled like natural gas. We will not be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed May 6, 2009

We held our AF Sgts Assoc Convention at the Monarch. Being on the planning committee, we received such wonderful support on the organizing and planning of the convention. Their Registration Ladies, Director of Sales, the Catering Person all the way to the Banquet Management and their staff were at my "beck and call" and so helpful when I got overwhelmed! Thank you so much!!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Wilsonville, Oregon
Reviewed May 4, 2009

Decided to take my girlfriend to a local hotel and make a treat of it. Stayed in one of the hotels suites, had dinner, drinks and breakfast.

The room was very clean, spacious and extremely comfortable.

The large spa tub added to the pleasure and comfort, and we had a very enjoyable stay.

The staff was very pleasant and helpful, the food was very well prepare and most enjoyable.

My girlfriend and I left very pleased, and felt I should recommend it to anyone just looking to spoil themselves or others.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Eastern Oregon
Reviewed September 15, 2008

I've read some of the reviews about this hotel but I wanted to stay there because it was also the location of my class reunion event.
I had a great room overlooking the lovely pool area and a king size bed. It was also a bed made for a king because it was one of the most comfortable I've ever slept on. I always travel with my special pillow but I found theirs better than mine so I left it in the car! The room was tastefully decorated and I had a large flat screen TV and a nice refrigerator. I was on the second floor and it was so quiet that I slept like a baby.
The food in the restaurant was quite good and the banquet served at the reunion event was excellent. The dessert selection was to die for! It's a great location and lots of shopping nearby. The staff was friendly and helpful. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. All in all I found it to be a pleasant experience.

• Liked — It was convenient for me and the bed was fabulous
  • Disliked — The rates may have been a little high for the services offered and not all rooms are updated yet.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
MonarchPortland, Director of Sales at Monarch Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, March 17, 2009
I'm pleased to let all your readers know that we have completed a renovation of all guest rooms. New Serta Pillowtop beds with upgraded linens, 32" hdtv,refrigerators in all rooms, easy chairs, ergonomic desk chairs, complimentary wifi, granite countertops, curved shower rods and more. $3 million project.
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed August 28, 2008

My husband and I were doing an overnight stay in Portland on a very, very , very busy weekend. We tried to find accommodations at hotels we're familiar with but to no avail. Someone suggested to us to try the Monarch Hotel and to be honest we were surprised with our stay. The friendly counter person greeted us promptly and provided one of the newly renovated rooms as well. Let's just say that we were pleased with our hotel stay. Not only was it clean and quiet, the hotel was located in a great area of Clackamas. Clackamas T/C, Costco, Wal-Mart and other great shopping and eateries ( check out Claim Jumper for a great meal ) are just surrounding this hotel. Yes, it may be an older hotel ( they did renovations) room ) and not 5 star but I would recommend it and stay there again.

• Liked — central location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed April 1, 2008

We had a 2 day intensive meeting at the Monarch and I really couldn't have been more pleased with the service. The staff was friendly and professional. I never felt like I was being intrusive when I needed to duck in back and ask for something. The rooms were set up the way that I wanted them and any time I needed to change something (which always happens) the staff was cheerful and immediately started to change it. The only down sides were that the vegetarian options on the whole seemed to be over-cooked and the sleeping rooms needed to be updated, but they are in that process. I would certainly use this property again and have recommended it to other people for personal stays.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clackamas
Courtyard Portland Southeast/Clackamas
Hampton Inn Portland Clackamas
Comfort Suites Clackamas
Comfort Suites Clackamas
#5 of 7 in Clackamas
Days Inn Clackamas Portland
Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Portland SE-Clackamas Area

Been to Monarch Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!