“You get what you expect from Marriott Courtyard”

Courtyard Portland Southeast/Clackamas
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Clackamas
Reviewed September 2, 2007

This is adjacent I-205 in the Portland, Oregon suburb of Clackamas. It offers the standard business-oriented Marriott features--fine amenities and furnishings in spacious rooms, in-room microwave and refrigerator, an on-site dining room serving a standardized fare, an exercize center adjacent a small, square but well appointed swimming pool, and ample business meeting/business gathering facilities. It has carpeted and wide stairways to encourage exercize and saving energy!! We were also quite happy with the internet cable access (not wireless)

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank BZT

Reviewed July 29, 2007

Convenient location with plenty of restaurants within a short drive. Easy freeway access. The room was exceptionally clean and had a small pull-out sofa bed, coffee table, 6 drawer dresser, and desk with chair. The room A/C unit was noisy and with the freeway right outside we could not open our patio door. We did not hear our neighbors. The bed was firm and fairly comfortable, although the sheets showed wear and should be replaced. Very tiny vanity that held the coffee maker, not much room to work. Shower was nice and roomy with really good water pressure on the top floor. One of the better properties in this area of town.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Oregonian4th
Reviewed May 15, 2007

This was a great hotel, the staff was very friendly. The front desk was very polite and even called up to our room to ask how everything was. This hotel was perfect and in a great location, walking distance to Clackamas Town Center, and a variety of restaurants. We will definitly stay here the next time we are in the Clackamas area.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank kriss149
Reviewed November 28, 2006

Our family needed a place to stay for three nights while our floors were being refinished. Using TripAdvisor comments, I picked the Marriott Courtyard at Clackamas, and was quite happy with the experience.

We got exactly what we requested: two adjoining rooms, with refrigerator. One room had a king bed, sofa and coffee table. The other had two queens, an easy chair and a balcony. Both rooms had a good-sized desk with swivel office chair. The rooms were large and pleasant. Check-in was speedy and cheerful. Parking was easy. We were greeted by the front desk staff, coming and going. The hotel seemed to have plenty of business, but was quiet nonetheless.

Internet access was as easy as it comes. Each room had wired and wireless access both, with no codes to enter.

The indoor pool was pleasant and just the right temperature. The indoor hot tub was just hot enough. The 'business center" had a working printer.

I made special requests of the front desk and of housekeeping, and was pleased with the results. I had a maintenance issue - an inoperative room heater - and a pair of pleasant fellows came and fixed it within an hour from my reporting it.

We had breakfast at the hotel, although $10 for the breakfast buffet seemed expensive for what you got. We did not use the hotel for dinner, but instead went to the chains within easy walking distance: The Spaghetti Factory, Chevy's and Red Robin. The hotel is close to the steady drone of the I-205 freeway, but the street the hotel is on, Sunnybrook, is relatively quiet.

A fine hotel experience, and there were no surprises on the bill.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank llanepdx
Reviewed August 29, 2006

I booked a room at the Courtyard Marriott for a one-night's stay because I was going to be in Portland late and didn't want to drive back to Salem as sleepy as I was. I booked this a week in advance. I would not be arriving to the hotel until around 4-5am and I called the hotel twice that week and spoke to two separate people to confirm that it would be alright to arrive at this time and only be charged for one night. I was assured by both individuals that this would be fine.

I got to the hotel around 4:15am, extremely tired, and was told that all their rooms were taken. I explained my situation and there was nothing they could do but farm me out to another hotel.

They sent me to the Oxford Suites, which I had to drive a ways to get to, and the only room they had was a smoking room which smelled disgusting. I also had to listen to my neighbor throwing up for a couple hours. The staff there was polite, but couldn't help me.

I am currently having conversations with the general manager at Courtyard Marriott to make sure they only charge me for one night (I was only there for about 10 hours anyway, not even a full night's stay). I also have asked that they not charge me the full price of a whole night since I was sent to a lesser quality hotel.

They are in talks with Expedia to try and arrange this. So, in short, I do not know how the actual lodgings rate but the service does not rate very highly in my book. Also, hotel is right off the highway. Seems a bit noisy.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled solo
1  Thank sapateif
A TripAdvisor Member
Sammamish, Washington
Reviewed July 2, 2006

We stayed 3 nights so we could attend a family wedding. We liked everything with a few exceptions. 1. The jacuzzi needed cleaning the first night we stayed. 2. Two days of the three days we were there we only had one towel to use for three people. This happened because they were booked solid with girls basketball teams and couldn't keep up with the laundry. 3. The first two nights, someone paced back and forth across the room above us 7 steps each way all night. Until we were able to generate enough white noise to drown it out, it was difficult to sleep. 4. Last night we stayed, we were woken at 6 am by a false fire alarm. Apparently something burned in the kitchen of the restaurant. It would have been nice if there was some kind of public address system they could use to tell everyone it was a false alarm so we didn't have to go outside. We still enjoyed our stay and found it a very convenient location. The restaurant staff was very pleasant.

• Stayed: June 2006
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 20, 2006

The staff were very friendly and helpful at check in. The rooms were clean and furnished in typical Marriott Courtyard fashion. The restaurant seemed a little pricey and we only observed one couple dining. If you walk a couple of blocks up the street there is a Chevys and a Spagetti Factory but be warned that if you do not go very early, like 5PM, you risk a long, long wait especially on weekends. We paid $35 a night on Priceline

• Stayed: February 2006
1  Thank Brown-2004
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clackamas
Monarch Hotel and Conference Center
Hampton Inn Portland Clackamas
Comfort Suites Clackamas
Comfort Suites Clackamas
#5 of 7 in Clackamas
Days Inn Clackamas Portland
Holiday Inn Express Portland SE-Clackamas Area
Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel

Been to Courtyard Portland Southeast/Clackamas? Share your experiences!