“Excellent Value, Clean Spacious Rooms - Best in Area”

Courtyard Portland Southeast/Clackamas
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Clackamas
Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent Value, Clean Spacious Rooms - Best in Area”
Reviewed July 28, 2010

This hotel has recently been renovated and at less than $100 per night represented excellent value. The rooms are spacious and clean, there is free internet throughout the hotel - wired in the rooms and wireless in the lobby.

The beds are very comfortable and the hotel is in a quiet location but very close to amenties and shops. Good value breakfast available and ample car parking.

I'll definitely be staying here again. The only negative from my trip was that the free airport shuttle advertised on the hotel website does not exist. A taxi to/from the airport (PDX) is ~ $35.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Oakhurst, California
Reviewed July 6, 2010

I was visiting the area and stayed here. I loved that they had little yogurt/granola/fresh strawberrie parfaits that you could buy that were enough for me for breakfast and I could eat it in my room (only $2.95). The property is secluded but very convenient to any kind of shopping you'd want. I thought for $98 over the July 4th holiday weekend it was a steal!

The beds were VERY comfortable. Free plug-in internet in the room. Only thing the room didn't have was a microwave or much in the way of counterspace in the sink area. Had a nice small sofa.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
San Ramon, CA
Reviewed May 15, 2010

Stayed for one night on a business trip at Courtyard Marriott. The new remodel was very hip, stylish and more than I had expected! The lobby area consisted of the reception desk and was open to seating for The Bistro...casual dining (snacks, drinks, Starbucks). Also included was an island where you could plug in laptop and farther past the reception desk was contemporary, comfortable, informal lounge seating with flat panel TV, fireplace, computer station, 24/7 coffee station and boarding pass computer.

Past the reception and to the right is the indoor small pool and whirlpool and the fitness center (limited equipment, treadmill, bike and elliptical). To the left past reception are the meeting rooms. There is also coin operated laundry onsite. Everything has been remodeled and the decor is up to date and very well done. At the entry, in an alcove is The Market, which sells snacks, drinks and toiletries and is very handy.

What impressed me the most, besides the decor, was the very large flat panel monitor "concierge" where you could touch *Restaurant* and the listings for nearby restaurants would appear. We wanted to find a place for dinner and this was very helpful. In all my travels, this is my first encounter with this tool...it's great!

Check-in was efficient, friendly and quick. The room was nice and also remodeled. My room included a sofabed, desk and dresser with TV on top. There was a coffee maker on the bathroom counter. The lighting in the room was plentiful, floor lamp, desk lamp and bedside lamps. The only drawback for me was the heating unit under the window. This type of room air is hard to control, noisy and I didn't care for it.

I thought that the Breakfast was free, but the menu board at the Bistro had prices next to all the items, so we left and went to Denny's. We should have inquired about the breakfast, but just left instead. The location is great, just off the 205 and easily visible from the freeway. Close by is the Town Center Mall and plenty of restaurants. Our room rate was very reasonable and under $100. Marriott has done a great job with this Courtyard and I hope they continue on this path!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank SusieJue
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed May 15, 2010

I stayed for two nights while traveling for business in the area.

Pros: A comfortable and well-equipped lobby area with a small, limited-menu quick-service restaurant and Starbucks on site. My room had a comfortable bed and good furniture. It was fairly quiet.

Cons: My room did not have a door tag to let housekeeping know that I wanted a bit later service. Housekeeping banged on my door at precisely 8 a.m. to request entry, which I denied. This happened both mornings. No moisturizer in the bathroom -- just soap, shampoo and conditioner. No wireless internet in the room, which effectively tethers your laptop use to the desk. The wired internet was slow; if you wanted a faster speed it was not free. What a shame considering there was a nice sofa to sit on. The TV was an older model 25-inch . One of my colleagues mentioned that his TV reception was extremely poor. The drapes did not close all the way; one of the drapes had partially come off the rod. The walls were wallpapered from floor to ceiling. No fan in the bathroom. Staff was not the most helpful. I asked for an itemized receipt and was told they were unable to provide this to me because I booked through an online provider. Hmmmm -- the last time I checked it was standard accounting practice to keep folios for each guest, regardless of how it was booked.

I paid a premium for my two rooms ($120 per night plus tax) and my company had a sizeable group at this property during the week. For this money, I could have gotten a better room had I been willing to drive a little bit, but there really isn't anything better in the immediate Clackamas Town Center area. They better watch out -- this property is wide open for a competitior who is willing and able to address the shortcomings.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed May 9, 2010

I was really impressed with how clean and nice the rooms, pool, etc. are. It is close to some area attractions we wanted to see. The pool is very small, but clean.

The only downside is other noisy people, stomping around upstairs or allowing their children to run wild. Don't get a room next to the ice machine either.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Astoria, Oregon
Reviewed April 14, 2010

I found this hotel through "Portland Perks", and received a reduced rate ($89 per night) along with continental breakfast coupons for 2 and $50 cash back upon check-in. The hotel was very nice and the room was large and comfortable with a desk, chair & ottoman and full bath. There was always good, free coffee available in the lobby with real 1/2 & 1/2 instead of the "non-dairy creamer". The pillows were not very comfortable. They were small and did not provide support. There was no refrigerator nor microwave in the room, but I had not asked for one. I don't know if they would have provided them if I wanted them. The in-room coffee was not replenished (so for AM coffee, I got dressed and went to the lobby) nor were the soap and shampoo. Luckily, I had some in my suitcase. This hotel is very close to many good restaurants and to shopping, and is right off of I-205. I did not hear street noise, even though the hotel was close to a main intersection. It looked like the pool and spa area was very nice. I did not use it. The excersize room had several machines, including an elliptical, treadmill, and free weights. Over-all, I was very pleased with my stay, especially with the discounted rate.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
DC area
Reviewed November 5, 2009

No complaints about location, cleanliness, or services. Staff very friendly. I received a quiet average-sized room on the top floor away from elevators and vending. Very slight noise from nearby interstate traffic. Good Internet connection, but it's wired only -- no wifi in room. No microwave or fridge either. Shampoo and conditioner and soap are the only toiletries. Wish there had been more TV channels, as I like more choices than network, news and sports, history, and military (HBO is available). Convenient to a large mall area (Target, Kohl, Macy's, fast food, Walgreens). Twenty minutes from Portland airport. Only real complaint is they woke me up at 3am one morning to ask if I was making noise; the guest below me claimed I was banging on the walls. I suggest they send someone up to try to locate the source of the noise rather than start calling guests randomly in the middle of the night.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clackamas
Monarch Hotel and Conference Center
Hampton Inn Portland Clackamas
Comfort Suites Clackamas
Comfort Suites Clackamas
#5 of 7 in Clackamas
Days Inn Clackamas Portland
Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Portland SE-Clackamas Area

Been to Courtyard Portland Southeast/Clackamas? Share your experiences!