“Great Location & Friendly Staff”

Courtyard Portland Southeast/Clackamas
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Clackamas
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Stayed while here on business. First assigned room had a noise like a fan clicking, when reporting it to the desk, room changed immediately, no problem! Everyone here had a smile and was more than willing to help with suggestions for places to eat. A comfortable room, quick internet and great staff. Would stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed March 14, 2013

My family was there for a family reunion so we needed 4 rooms. The hotel itself was as nice as i expected in a Marriott. After we got the keys working (?), we found the rooms to be spacious
and clean. My only frustration was the cappuccino machine was "broken" for 4 days. Then why
not get a replacement rather than wait for the "repair" part. seems to me like a simple solution and keeping people happy. Each day i asked they said "still waiting". makes no sense to me. The bar area is with the food bistro counter and was closed most of the evenings. I also found the front desk women to be very unfriendly. The man was nice though.

Room Tip: the spa suite is a bathtub next to a bed in a one room unit.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Stayed here while I visited my son at Reed College. Love the atmosphere--very warm, as you walk in the door, the lobby is welcoming and so is the staff.

The bed was very comfortable and I got a good night's rest. It was a superb stay and I will stay there again. Good value, I might add!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We've had to stay at hotels in this area of Portland a number of times due to athletic competitions our daughter is involved in. This is by far the best hotel in that area. It is one of the newer courtyards with all the amenities you could ask for. The front desk staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms were very clean and updated and the rates were low. Bed and pillows are nice and comfortable. The is ample parking with convenient access to the interstate and it is close to a good number of restaurants and lots of shopping. Additionally, our daughters like the pool and hot tub. We appreciate that the waitstaff at The Bistro are as friendly and attentive at breakfast as they are in the evening for beverage and dessert service.

All in all, a good place to stay on the Southeast side of Portland.

Room Tip: Ask for a room looking over the front of the hotel. Rooms facing the back of the hotel overlook the...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I was very satisfied with front desk and The Bistro. I ask twice to have the fridg in my room look at because it was making noise. Nothing was done about it so I unplug it every night after asking. Other than the fridg everything was good.

Room Tip: I always pick the top floor because it is a business trip and I need my sleep.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 25, 2013

As soon as you walk through the doors you feel like you're home. The friendly staff greated you with big smiles and took care of all your needs. The lobby area was wonderful for meeting friends and business partners. Geeat location to many restuarnats and shopping. They even run a shuttle so you can catch public transportation to and from the airport if you don't want to catch a taxi.

Rooms were clean and well appointed.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights with business associates. The best thing about the hotel was the food... I know, I wasn't expecting it either. The food was fresh and made to order, but the surprising thing came by the cleanliness of the food area and staff. It was great to see that they were professionals, not hotel people trying to do food, but food people in a hotel. Thanks for the great breakfasts and lunches, and options to choose from.

The rooms are average, nothing to rave about. The bathrooms have not been remodeled, at least mine wasn't in a handicap accessible room... rose colored tiles and peeling wall paper. But it was clean... so no complaints. I'll take clean every time.

Internet... spotty at best. When I went down to the front desk for some help since the internet wouldn't connect longer than 20 sec at a time... they said, "Our internet doesn't really work with apple devices." Really?! I'm sure it just doesn't work. The only thing that disturbed me about this was, they know the internet doesn't work, and there is no one trying to fix it. Inexcusable, fix the problem! I had LTE service, so I just tethered my phone, not a big deal for me, but if you expect internet, check that it works before you check-in.

Lastly, when I got my bill emailed to me, there was a food charge I didn't have. However, one phone call to the hotel and it was fixed. They even called me back. So really, they have the hard part done... customer service was great, now make the phone call to fix the internet.

Room Tip: Ask for a breakfast rate... it was the same rate to include breakfast, but you actually had to ask f...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clackamas
Monarch Hotel and Conference Center
Hampton Inn Portland Clackamas
Comfort Suites Clackamas
Comfort Suites Clackamas
#5 of 7 in Clackamas
Holiday Inn Express Portland SE-Clackamas Area
Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel
Days Inn Clackamas Portland

Been to Courtyard Portland Southeast/Clackamas? Share your experiences!