“Pricier than other Courtyards” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Portland Southeast/Clackamas

Courtyard Portland Southeast/Clackamas
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Clackamas
Vancouver
“Pricier than other Courtyards”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

For $144/nt we were somewhat disappointed with Courtyard Clackamas. The closeness to the shopping center is a plus, but here are a few negatives to consider:
- rooms have not been updated (other than flatscreen tv); bathroom looked tired
- hotel towels are thin as paper -- very rough on skin; we've never had towel of this low quality at a hotel before
- hotel walls are not well insulated so like other reviewers have already mentioned

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

I recently stayed at the Hotel. The staff was curteous and friendly. I did have an issue with noise and immediately the desk clerk went to work when I called. The loud footsteps (running) above was stopped. The services and environment of the hotel was very enjoyable. The fireplace and back patio provided a nice place to sit and read a book or just relax with a few drinks. Speaking of drinks the restaurant Chef Anil, was an amazing cook. I had the NY Strip and the chef even made it with a few sides that werent on the menu. I described what I wanted and a great side dish came with. The salad had fresh vegetables and various toppings. The steak was cooked to almost perfection. The cut was great. Not alot of fat, but the chef was able to keep the flavor and juices with the steak. If you stay in Portland check out the hotel. It is conveinetly located off the Highway for easy access to the airport and walking distance to the shopping districts.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have a refrigerator. If you staying a long period you may have to ask for one.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

This hotel has an excellent chef Anil Prabhakar. Yes dinner at a Courtyard. He makes creative dishes ie Rockfish, Cajun Salmon, great salads and of course special desserts. His presentations are so eye appealing. Breakfast also is many steps above any Courtyard I have been to. Service overall at this hotel is great. I'm a frequent guest and this is why I return. Kgh.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Kgh25
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

Our stay at the Courtyard Marriott in Clackamas, Oregon could not have been any nicer. From the initial contact over the phone, with hotel manager William Mitchell, to the top notch gourmet meal we received from Courtyard Chef Anil, our time here has been extraordinary.

The extremely attentive staff and the warm and lovely atmosphere of the lobby and dining area is very inviting. The menu at The Bistro has a variety of delicious and healthy food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The grounds around the building, fitness center and pool are lovely.

William Mitchell, Courtyard Marriot Manager, saw that our concerns were answered and made our great accommodations. The room was beautiful, clean and everything was available to us. Being here has been sheer comfort.

We so appreciated talking and meeting Chef Anil, who delivered our delicious gourmet salmon meal full of flavors and beautiful presentation. Anil is a knowledegable, creative, devoted cook of fine food, and a fine young man.

Thank you so much for seeing we were taken care of so beautifully.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank gratefulcustomer
Vancouver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

We chose this hotel due to it's location. Located off the I-205 was convenient for us but if you want to be closer to Portland, you might want to consider other hotels. Our room was clean and spacious. The bed was comfortable and the room was stocked with the usual amenities including a coffee maker with free coffee and tea (although free freshly brewed coffee was available in the lobby every morning), wireless internet, and Paul Mitchell bath amenities. Parking was free and plentiful but note that there is no in-room safe. Located nearby is the Clackamas Town Center and other chain restaurants like Romano's Macaroni Grill, Claim Jumpers, Red Robin, and Old Spaghetti Factory. Hotel looks like it went through some renovations to match other Courtyard Marriotts that I have stayed at. Great hotel if you get a good rate. We had several inquiries with the front desk and they were friendly and helpful each time.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mojang
Courtyard_PDX_SE1, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Southeast/Clackamas, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay with us. I'm happy to hear that our room and amenities met your needs. In addition to free coffee in the mornings we also proudly brew Starbucks drip and espresso in our Bistro. Paul Mitchell products are now offered at all Courtyards and we have recieved great feedback from our guests. Being only a few blocks from the Clackamas Town Center our location works great for tax free shopping and plenty of entertainment and dining options. I hope that you choose us to stay with in the future!

Best regards,
Washington State
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

First off, the staff is very nice and was helpful throughout our stay. Rooms were good size and the beds were comfortable. Bathrooms could use some updating but nothing too bad or anything. Hallways had a very nice design and felt warm. The pool was good size and was a nice treat. Good business center and the fitness center was decent size. The location is a tad hard to find, but it's right by the freeway entrance. The best part of this hotel hands down, is the bistro! Great place to gather with friends and have some drinks/order great food. We will return.

Room Tip: All of the rooms seemed to be great.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Courtyard_PDX_SE1, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Southeast/Clackamas, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay with us and great comments. I will be passing along your great comments about the Bistro to my team! I'm glad to hear that the fitness center and pool area met your needs. We recently purchased brand new state of the art equipment. In regards to our bathrooms we are in the process of updating them and giving them a fresher look. We are located directly off of exit #14 on I-205, I hope that this will help clear up any confusion on our location.
We hope that you choose to stay with us again when your travels bring you back to the Portland area.

Best Regards,
Wasilla, Alaska
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

We booked this hotel due to it's convenient locations. My parents live a few miles away and we were down from Alaska for a family reunion. It's very close to the Clackamas Town Center, the Max Train, restaurants and shopping.
We had some high points to our stay and some low points. First the good:
When checking in we asked about getting a room with a balcony and the lady at the front desk gladly helped us out. We were in room 223, which was an extended double queen room. It had a microwave and small fridge, with a pull out couch. My aunt & uncle also stayed here and their double queen didn't have these extras. I didn't notice any road noise, despite I-205 being right next to the hotel. I did notice the ice machine the second night.
The room was nice with all the expected amenities. We didn't get a chance to use the pool or the hot tub, but they looked good. We did use the lobby late one night for card games and the guy cleaning the Bistro brought out pitchers of water for us and glasses.

The bad: Our second of three nights we came home with a box of Krispy Kreme donuts and a box of donuts from the famed Voodoo Doughnuts. I set one box on the desk and one box on the microwave and we went to bed. When I got up the next morning there were ants all over the desk, microwave and in the boxes of doughnuts. There was also a old piece of gum stuck on the wall near the sliding glass door to the balcony that they were on. These were the tiny little sugar ants.
Now granted... This is Oregon. I know there's ants. I'm not really mad about what happened. I just want to through this out there for future visitors be sure and be careful about what they leave out.
I didn't tell the front desk at the time because I was afraid they would make me switch rooms and I didn't want the hassle. The ants were confined to just were the sugar was and once we got the stuff out of the room they cleared up.
I did tell the front desk on check and the lady expressed genuine concerned and made a note for maintenance.

Because of the great location I would stay here again. I wouldn't bring donuts back to my room.

Room Tip: Ask for an extended queen with a balcony to get the microwave and fridge.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your recent stay with us and the feedback you have provided. I'm glad to hear that our rooms met your needs with our 2 queen beds and pull out sleeper sofa. I'm also glad to hear that our Bistro staff was able to assist your group after the Bistro closed with water pitchers and glasses.
In regards to the ants in your room we did call in our pest control company and were able to successfully treat the room. They were in fact sugar ants and on a rare occasion we will see them this time of year. We do have regular preventative pest control and our property has had and continues to have a clean bill of health.
We look forward to being able to assist you and your family with your future lodging needs.

Best Regards,
503-652-2900
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clackamas
Monarch Hotel and Conference Center
Hampton Inn Portland Clackamas
Comfort Suites Clackamas
Comfort Suites Clackamas
#6 of 8 in Clackamas
Holiday Inn Express Portland SE-Clackamas Area
BEST WESTERN Plus Rivershore Hotel
Days Inn Clackamas Portland

Been to Courtyard Portland Southeast/Clackamas? Share your experiences!