“Front desk staff needs training”

Courtyard Portland Southeast/Clackamas
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Clackamas
Beachmuse63
“Front desk staff needs training”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2012

I had booked this hotel in advancel on the Marriott website being I'm a Marriott Rewards member. They had a prepaid room deal so we booked it and was charged to our credit card.Emailed comfirmation and all was good. When we arrived they had the reservation but as I explained it was prepaid the young lady at the front desk insisted it was not and the computer would say if it was.She had never heard of Marriott doing this.Really? I explained again yes it was and done on the Marriott site.To make a long story short she charged the card again(training needed) and when we awoke in the morning it was credited to the account since it already had been charged.The room was very small, not very clean and nothing special.Sofabed and king bed not comfortable at all. Wouldn't make a trip back here. It wasn't the worst but clearly not Marriott worthy. Needed to be close to a friends home Only one night thank goodness.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Beachmuse63

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Medford, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2011

We stayed early october and everything was wonderful. The hotel is clean, the breakfast bar is awesome and the staff is exceptional. Special kudos to KJ and Jerome who gave us the royal treatment. A hearty THANK YOU!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2011

My Husband and I stayed here with our girls because he had a class near by to attend, I loved the room very clean, nice and quite, The only thing that disappointed us was for a nice hotel they didn't offer a continental breakfast! These days its nice to stay at a hotel that provides this and it did not. We did experience their little breakfast area but was not that impressed. As a family on a budget we love staying where they provide a nice quality breakfast.

Room Tip: A room away from elevator is a plus for a good nights sleep.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank ellecook
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2011

We stayed here for a few days before our wedding and I had family who stayed there too.....it was an okay stay. The rooms were pretty small even the ones with a king and a sofa pull out. I was really surprised by that. When checking in the staff was not very friendly. We were excited about getting married and had just come from our rehearsal and the person checking us in seemed annoyed by our excitement I guess....but when checking out there was a very nice woman who I thought was how everyone in that hotel should be acting....anyway they were okay too. I had tried to book rooms on the same floor for my whole family and the hotel had me keep calling some manager who deals with all that. But that person was never around and never returned my voice mails. There was really no options for us on where to stay in the area so we went a head and stayed there. In the end it worked out...it wasn't as nice and clean as other Courtyard marriotts I have stayed at..so I was disappointed by that. For the cost of our rooms each night.. I just expected a lot more.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank m_17kisses
Redmond, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2011

I stay at various Courtyard Marriotts. This one, in Clackamas, isn't my favorite. Good enough room, and polite enough staff, but there's no fridge in here, no microwave, no deck. And my room? I was given the pleasant view of the trash bins. FYI, avoid the even-numbered 30's rooms. ie, 136, 238, 334 and same on the 4th floor, all have the view of the trash bins. The tv is too dark for my liking, and I can't change it. I'm tethered to their internet while I'm here. Let me tell you, their high speed isn't as high speed as it should be. I've never had to wait for downloads like this in a long time.

If I come to town again, for this price I'll stay at Motel 6

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side, in the _30's enjoy the views of the trash bins. Don't forget, no f...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank soccer543
Carrick-on-Shannon, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2011

I stayed here for a week on business and the hotel was nice. Food is just ok in the bistro but was very handy fora snack. Hotel has a small shop and a very small leisure center but it is never busy. Enjoyed my stay here and would return as rooms are clean and staff are friendly.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2011

Property is nice, clean and staff courteous at front desk. Rooms are quiet which is great considering it's right next to freeway. Near shopping malls, business offices food, medical etc. Rooms are nice, and in the process of being upgraded. Window treatments being upgraded during our stay. Ran out of coffee in lobby in am in lobby. Staff seemed unaware of it. Pool and spa super clean. Felt safe as parking lot is well lit and laid out, hotel itself safe.

Room Tip: Rooms even numbered are on back and lower floors with even numbers are near the massive air conditio...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clackamas
Monarch Hotel and Conference Center
Hampton Inn Portland Clackamas
Comfort Suites Clackamas
Comfort Suites Clackamas
#5 of 8 in Clackamas
Holiday Inn Express Portland SE-Clackamas Area
Days Inn Clackamas Portland
BEST WESTERN Plus Rivershore Hotel

Been to Courtyard Portland Southeast/Clackamas? Share your experiences!