“filthy and discusting”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Chemult
california
“filthy and discusting”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2010

The people who own the motel were slobbering drunk and extremly rude. The rooms were discusting with mold in the showers and garbage under the beds.. when we left 2 minutes after check in i had my husband check my hair for lice i felt soo discusted. I have no idea why it's legal for people to rent these fire hazzard rooms! STAY AWAY you might actually catch something

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank lovinthesnow

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2010

I brought a group of 25 people to the motel and everything was perfect. The owners had all rooms nice and clean. Dinner at the "Chalet" across the road was excellent as well. They even opened the restaurant just for our group for breakfast.

• Stayed July 2009
california
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2009

Reading through these reviews posted I was disappointed with peoples dishonesty. The Chemult Motel was clean and a pleasure to stay at. The owners were helpful and kind. The room we stayed in was clean and comfortable. There is a beautiful picnic and star watching area. I would recommend this motel to anyone. Our stay was very pleasurable. We will continue to stay at the Chemult Motel every year on our way to Crater Lake. Keep up the great job and thank you...

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2008

It was late, they had a vacancy, we pulled in.....Do not stay here!!
See the pictures, we have more then they would allow us to upload....The room was filthy, blood on the comforter, stains on the sheets. No battery in the smoke alarm, overloaded outlets, a frayed wire coming out of the floor with a plug-in at the end. half of the lights in the room didn't work, even if you switched the working light bulbs around. The coffee maker was filthy, garbage under the beds, in the drawers, behind the dresser, things dripping down the walls and furniture, they painted the inside of the filthy, moldy shower at some point years prior and the filthy, cracked shower curtain had stuck in it and ripped the paint off the wall. Hot water knob in shower fell of in my hand. 100's of dead bugs in the light fixtures and on the window ceils. Live spiders living in the corners, old clothes and a 4 year old phone book in the dresser, the phone did not work. No receipt given at check in, we couldn't even call the office by cell phone because we couldn't find their number listed anywhere. TV was tiny maybe a 19 inch, they charge $5 extra for our aide dog....I believe this is illegal.....There was a hole and wires sticking out under the bathroom sink where a heater appeared to have once been. The toilet paper had obviously been wet and dried out at one time, we wouldn't use it how gross! The heater/cooling unit wasn't plugged in because it did not work just hummed a little, no air movement. This place is filthy and disgusting inside and out and I would advice turning them into the health department, but do not stay here!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — filthy, and a health and safety hazard. Phone nor wireless worked
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Albanydog
Eugene, OR
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2008

From the outside the motel appears fine. It is old but in the snow we had it appeared that it would be acceptible. Once inside the room I found out how wrong I could be.

The floors were dirty, not having been vacuumed since who knows when. The furniture were all rejects from the Salvation Army or Goodwill as they were horrible. The sink was literally falling off the wall, the shower was in need of repairs, the blinds were covered in dirt, and the toilet ran off and on continuously. The only good thing was that the bed in the room I had was actually quite comfortable, which was a surprise.

And upon closer inspection I discovered the smoke detector didn't work, which was a concern considering every outlet in the room appeared to be overloaded and one didn't even have a cover over it. I'm certain there were a number of serious code violations at this place.

Now our group (our employer booked this "fine" establishment) had a total of 8 rooms. Not all 8 rooms were this bad but none were much better either. In fact while my room (310) might sound like the worst, my bed was actually the best from what I heard from my fellow employees.

The bottom line is - stay away!!!

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Everything - dirty room the most
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Railbaron13
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chemult
Woodsman Country Lodge
#1 of 3 in Crescent Lake
Dawson House Lodge
Dawson House Lodge
#1 of 2 in Chemult

Been to Budget Inn Motel? Share your experiences!