“Now called crater lake inn”

Eagle Crater Lake Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Chemult B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 22, 2011

Stopped unplanned here on a solo motorcycle trip. Owner/manager was super helpful. Room was nothing fancy, but was clean, comfortable and quiet. Favorite place I stayed on the whole trip.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank iowatraveler100

Reviewed June 5, 2010

Its so nice to meet real caring people who try so hard to make u comfortable.we stayed three nights my room was very clean and comfy.they put in clean towles and sheets.they knew alot about the area...............unless you want the hilton boring this is the place to go.........we should have more places run by people like these.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 31, 2009

Hi,

My honest suggestion..don't stay at this place..We went to crater lake for 3 days vacation and booked this inn...We booked two rooms..rooms were dirty..bathroom was dirty..on top of that we found nail in our pillow..what a horrible situation...I would recommend to stay at a better place even if at a higher price..Don't ruin your vacation by staying at this motel

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends
3  Thank SeattleSG
Reviewed July 24, 2009

My family and I had a great stay, We loved that they are pet friendly, my kids love all the animals! They even got to hold a rabbit, (frist time for us city folks). The rooms where clean and comforbale. I am plaining my next stay in the fall.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2009

This place was night one of our trip, and the online pix are quite misrepresentative. This place is one of those old, side of the road, run down, mom and pop places...although the roof is newer.
I can deal with old, but when my daughter asked if she could take a bath, I picked up the bath mat in the tub, and found it coated with black mildew....gross. That is a key indicator of the cleanliness of the rest of the place.
The folks running the place were pretty nice. The rooms have decent tv, a microwave and a fridge. The old garage sale furniture is covered in used blankets. The bed comforters are very worn and faded. The beds were pretty comfortable. There was a lovely wifebeater conversation at 3 in the morning by what looked like permanent renters next door to our room. "F this and F that you F'in bleep, " if you get my drift.
Would I stay there again? No. My sleep was ruined by the fight next door, the lock on the door was insecure, and I was waiting for bullets to come blasting through the wall.
The room "deal" wasnt nice enough to justify the price. And there were other ol Mom and Pop places in town that looked nicer. Next time, I'll go to Kalamath Falls, definitely.

• Stayed: June 2009
1  Thank usabycar
Reviewed May 27, 2008

The Featherbed Inn in Chemult was just what we needed after a week of hiking and climbing the beautiful local area. Can't stress enough just how comfortable it was. Think I may not have had that good a sleep in quite some time.

The owners were more than friendly (especially Willy the Cat!) and helped us with the little that we needed (coffee filters was all). Everything else that we needed was clean and waiting for us in the room. Ended up conversing with the owners on more than one occasion. Their knowledge of the local area was better that could be found in any guide.

A more rustic stay, but visitors should expect and be wanting to enjoy such a vacation if they travel to this neck of the woods. This is a small Oregon town, not Manhatten. We thought it was amazing and look forward to visiting again soon!!

Paul B

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 25, 2007

We stayed at the Featherbed Inn for one night. The room was terribly dirty and I was worried to get into the hot tub for fear that it was not clean.
The toilet plugged up on us and we could not get anyone to answer the bell. I managed to get it unplugged so that ended up o.k.
The bed was extremely uncomfortable so we got very little sleep and we sleep in a soft bed at home so soft was nothing new. Sagging however was.
In the morning I went to checkout and could not get anyone to answer the bell once again. I left a note with my thoughts about the room and how unsatisfied we were.
Now, here is the most incredible thing. About four days later I got a letter from the Featherbed Inn and I am thinking oh great they wrote me to yell at me for the letter that I had left. Upon opening it, however, I found a very sincere apology with a check for the full refund of our stay. My thoughts are this, maybe I should have went right to mngmt. when we got to the room and discussed this with them. It seems to me that they are trying to run a reputable business and take care of their guests as well. If I was to need a hotel room in this city again I would probably stay there again, do to the fact that she was very sincere in her apology of the condition of the room and she was going to deal with the "cleaning" person that had created the issue.
Very nice and very reputable in my book!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank iamthelaw37
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chemult
Woodsman Country Lodge
#2 of 2 in Chemult
Lemolo Lake Resort
Lemolo Lake Resort
#1 of 1 in Idleyld Park

Been to Eagle Crater Lake Inn? Share your experiences!