“You've got to be kidding”
Review of High Tide Cafe

High Tide Cafe
Ranked #3 of 12 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“You've got to be kidding”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I was here on a Saturday in August, 2013. I ordered the half sandwich and cup of chowder. The sandwich was French bread, one piece of cheese, and a few small shrimp. The chowder was just okay. The price was $10...really? To top it off, the hostess/owner was rude and forgot all about me three times. The place wasn't that busy, either. I will NOT be going back!

• Visited August 2013

“Overpriced!”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Had dinner with family recently at the establishment. Restaurant was so dark that I needed the flashlight on my phone to be able to read the menu. Service was okay. Prices were high considering the general ambiance -- old tables, no tablecloth or place mat, minimal lighting. When spending $24 for a plate of beef stroganoff with a small salad I expect more.

• Visited August 2013
NORTH BEND, OR
“Sunday brunch at its best”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This quirky little place is always crowded and the food it always the best ever. It is our favorite after church spot to share with friends. There is a view of the bay and it very close to the Charleston Boat Basin. Some great shops,too.

• Visited May 2013
Anderson, California
“Disappointing Meal”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

On a recent trip to the Oregon Coast, we were searching for a nice spot to have lunch and a local told us about High Tide Cafe. It was Saturday afternoon on the long 4th of July weekend. Maybe that's one reason the place was not up to par. I ordered a bowl of their "Award Winning Clam Chowder", my mind going back to the creamy, velvety, luscious chowders I've had the fortune to have eaten and made for our large family. At first taste, I thought it was a little odd-there was something in it that just didn't seem to belong. Then my husband tried a taste. "Yuck!, what in the world did they do to that poor chowder?" I ate some more, putting oyster crackers in it, but nothing helped. Was it tarragon? Dill, maybe? Anyway, I couldn't eat it. The waitress asked how our meal was and I told her the chowder wasn't very good. She said she was sorry and took the bowl. That's it? Award winning chowder, and obviously I'm not the first one that had a problem with it. We paid and left. The only redeeming feature was the view out the window.

• Visited July 2013
Eugene, Oregon
“Excellent food Friendly staff”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We were there Mother's day weekend and had a table out on the deck over looking the bay. The wait staff was very friendly greeting us with a happy mother's day weekend and being patient when we kept going back and forth before they could even tell us the specials. The sea food was fresh and cooked well without being over cooked.

Visited May 2013