“Sunday brunch at its best”
Review of High Tide Cafe

High Tide Cafe
Ranked #3 of 12 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This quirky little place is always crowded and the food it always the best ever. It is our favorite after church spot to share with friends. There is a view of the bay and it very close to the Charleston Boat Basin. Some great shops,too.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

On a recent trip to the Oregon Coast, we were searching for a nice spot to have lunch and a local told us about High Tide Cafe. It was Saturday afternoon on the long 4th of July weekend. Maybe that's one reason the place was not up to par. I ordered a bowl of their "Award Winning Clam Chowder", my mind going back to the creamy, velvety, luscious chowders I've had the fortune to have eaten and made for our large family. At first taste, I thought it was a little odd-there was something in it that just didn't seem to belong. Then my husband tried a taste. "Yuck!, what in the world did they do to that poor chowder?" I ate some more, putting oyster crackers in it, but nothing helped. Was it tarragon? Dill, maybe? Anyway, I couldn't eat it. The waitress asked how our meal was and I told her the chowder wasn't very good. She said she was sorry and took the bowl. That's it? Award winning chowder, and obviously I'm not the first one that had a problem with it. We paid and left. The only redeeming feature was the view out the window.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

We were there Mother's day weekend and had a table out on the deck over looking the bay. The wait staff was very friendly greeting us with a happy mother's day weekend and being patient when we kept going back and forth before they could even tell us the specials. The sea food was fresh and cooked well without being over cooked.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stopped here for lunch with the wife and a friend that recently moved to Coos Bay on 4/27/13. The weather was PERFECT! The wife had the cioppino, our friend had the 1/2 sandwich + chowder and I had a shrimp cocktail for a starter (I LOVE shrimp cocktail!) and a chef salad for my entree'. The wife just loved her cioppino. Our friend said the chowder was great. The shrimp in my shrimp cocktail tasted like they were just caught that morning...so fresh! I did not like their version of cocktail sauce though...it tasted homemade (which is great) but it had no "bite"to it. Not my preference. My chef salad was full of variety and very tasty. The 1000 island dressing also tasted homemade. All in all a fine place to stop for lunch!

Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Stopped by High Tide for dinner on the way back from Shore Acres. The weather was clear and warm with a slight breeze. An absolute perfect weather day. Upon getting close to the front door of the restaurant, the front door opened and we were greeted by a waitress welcoming us to the restaurant. It is a seat yourself restaurant. The interior of the restaurant is classic, relaxed beach theme. Because of the awesome weather, we sat on the back deck which overlooks the inlet. Our server was polite and had a very good knowledge of the daily specials. The menu is not huge but it has a good selection of basic seafood items. There are also non-seafood dishes on the menu. We had four in our party and we each had different items from the menu. Crab cakes, pan fried oysters, clam chowder and dinner salad. The food was flavorful and decent portions. Pricing for the meals was moderately priced. Basically expect to pay around the mid teens to low 20s for dinner. A great experience with great tasting food. This will be our usual stop when visiting the area. Never been to the High Tide before, and we were not disappointed. Thank you and a great job!!