“Great place for dinner”
Review of Portside

Portside
Reserve with OpenTable
Portside is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 12 Restaurants in Charleston
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This was our first dinner in Oregon on our vacation. We had a great meal, I had the fresh crab, and my wife had razor clams. Both meals were prepared wonderfully, and with good portions. Our waitress was very friendly, and helpful, answering our questions about the menu. The view of the port was nice, and added to the ambience. We would recommend this restaurant.

2  Thank Pat M

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Please do not interpret this rating as being for the Portside Restaurant in Charleston. That place is crap, high priced and bad food. But within the Portside is a new Sushi Garden Restaurant, and that is fantastic. It's a small place inside but you can have the sushi brought to the bar, which has a great view of the bay. The sushi is fresh and delicious, and very reasonably priced. Whoever is rolling that stuff is getting the fish direct from the ocean. But it's Charleston, Oregon, so what better place to do that? The tuna, salmon, squid, octopus, snapper, etc. were top notch. Definitely the best sushi on the southern Oregon Coast!

2  Thank Sheila M
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Horrible place people are always drunk walking around loud and rude. Service is also bad and hard to get food is not as good as the price

1  Thank Pflan21
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I visited the Portside over the Memorial Day weekend. The food was great (we split the seafood fettuccine, and glad we did as the portion was huge!). The staff were friendly, attentive and accommodating.
We will definitely make a return visit to the Portside whenever we're in the Coos Bay/Charleston area!

1  Thank NJoyLife50
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Port side was recommended by a friend who hadn't been there in awhile. The rancid oil smell was apparent to me when entering. Fish and chips were wee portions, WAY over breaded and soggy. Fish was served over shredded cabbage that tasted of chemicals so I can only assume it has not been washed. Tarter sauce was cut with sour cream or some other unidentifiable dairy that rendered it virtually like yogurt. Cocktail sauce was cut with so much ketchup that i could not tell a difference between it and the ketchup from the bottle brought. Asked waitress if an error was made and she argued with me and then laughed at me! Then she went to the kitchen and told the cook in English, followed by both of them switching to Asian dialect. Impolite and obvious. Never got a water refill - glass sat empty for over half the meal - or asked how it was. Left hungry, even after devouring the garnish. The meal for two consisted of five, small under cooked medallions of heavily breaded fish the size of silver dollars, a pile of shredded cabbage 18 fries (each). No drinks, water only. $21.90. No garlic toast. No Cole slaw, unless they consider the unwashed cabbage Cole slaw. I consider that a garnish. The view was nice. See my review for Millers Cove where we ended up. Great food. Fresh fish, not frozen. Great service. Great atmosphere. Great price!