“Very good seafood”

Fisherman's Grotto
Ranked #7 of 13 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 3, 2015

We were a family group of eight and arrived at a busy 6PM, were quickly seated and orders taken, dinner arrived within a reasonable time for a large group. We had a variety of seafood, fish, oysters, calamari, etc. which was fresh, hot and delicious! Service was very good.

Reviewed August 25, 2015

There were 5 adults as well as a 3 year old and an infant. Service without a smile, decor is "lack there of", glass table tops foggy...feeling really like lets go before the server comes back...didn't however. Against my better judgement as a nearby local and foodie,
we had lunch. The seafood was hand cut and very tasty and the slaw was very yummy, chowder seasoned well overall good....So grudgingly I give this out of date, unkept joint a 2 star rating...just trying not to think of the cleanliness factor!

Reviewed August 25, 2015

Our first night there and enjoyed our meal. Stop asking for more description than necessary! It is a very large restaurant, good for tour groups.

Reviewed August 18, 2015

This restaurant is located at the edge of Charleston harbor, but has no view. The fish seems fresh and was good, but not outstanding. The restaurant could use some service training. Greet the customer with a smile when they enter and acknowledge them. This goes a long way with me. If I have been acknowledged, I know they will get to me as soon as they can.

Date of visit: June 2015
1  Thank katsmijo
Reviewed August 11, 2015

It is a nice, older place. The waitress was very gruff, and very efficient, and after a few minutes had us in stitches. We enjoyed a couple of great local beers they had on tap. We ordered what amounted to a sampler plate of sea food. Most of it was great. I was looking for pan fried oysters. What we got was battered oysters that were fried in the pan, not what I was hoping for. They couldn't have been any fresher, but I would suggest you get them deep fried or don't order them at all.

Date of visit: July 2015