“BEST OYSTERS!!”

Miller's at the Cove
Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed April 22, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I had the oysters, clam chowder and the fish and clam tacos. Everything was delicious and the prices were good too. Definitely a place we would come back to.

Reviewed March 23, 2017

This is the 2nd time I visited Millers at the Cove for lunch. This time I was unhappy with the recipe for preparation ot the Italian version of the Meatball Sandwich. We entered around 1pm on Saturday the 18th of March 2017. There were 2 of us. The atmosphere is lively and is like a sports bar and pub. We seated ourselves. The place holds about 50 people, but there were only 20 (or so) when we arrived. There was just 1 waitress to take care of all tables. (This was a Saturday). The bartender kept busy pouring drinks and the cook kept busy preparing meals. The menu is large for the size of the place. The waitress was a little overworked. So I can't really fault her for being a little short in how she answered our questions about the menu. She was very quick to serve our drinks and the bartender did NOT short our pints. That's rare. Typically, bartenders short the pints by 1/2 inch. So kudo's to the bar! Some people will like the recipe used for the Italian meatball sandwich. But I didn't care for it. The bread was so barely toasted that the sauce turned the bread into mush. I ate it with utensils. Toasting the bread more would go a long way to improving the recipe. My friend was similarly unimpressed with his seafood platter. (Too much batter). The place is a lot of fun and has a lot of potential. Step up the recipes (no short cuts) and watch your customer count skyrocket.

Reviewed February 27, 2017

Love this place and have eaten here many times passing through Charleston. My favorite has been the hamburgers because they are served according to the menu, "grilled to medium unless otherwise specified." I have always received my hamburger with a nice pink interior. Today it was burned...I mean black burned and so well done it was dry. When the waitress came over I showed her the blackness and she was very nice, saying she was sorry and she would tell the cook. There was no offer to take it back or comp me for it. MY FAULT for not insisting. Instead, I was a wimp and I ate it drowned in ketchup to kill the burn flavor. I know that if this happens again I will be stronger and send it back. We were in a hurry to get somewhere and I didn't want to wait for a second order...of course, that option was not offered to me, either. Maybe the regular cook was off today. I was very disappointed. My advice to other reviewers is to try this place but don't accept something so burned like I did.

Reviewed February 27, 2017

The waitress was so truly concerned for our satisfaction. We wanted Prime Rib and it was a little spendy but it was so good it was worth every penny. Go if you want excellent food and service.

Reviewed February 14, 2017

This small restaurant specializes in seafood, sandwiches, tacos and salads. Cozy, and funky in its own way, this is a great place to have lunch and your favorite drink. Street parking available. Can get noisy when busy.