All reviews tent sites coos bay short walk laundry rooms fire ring private beach great state tide pools steady stream restrooms showers crab nice tent great beach cleaning station state park actual beach dog friendly beach
Selected filters
Reviewed September 5, 2019

This was a very nice RV park. Clean, well laid out and easy to back in your trailer. The trail to the beach is at the end of the loop and then wow!! Beautiful beach, great view of the ocean and the harbor to the north. Hook ups and water and very dog friendly.

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed September 4, 2019

No AAA discount anymore though the online booking does ask about discounts. Sites have gone up in price, new staff not as friendly, sites are configured in such a way as to be inefficient, but worst of all no hot chocolate chip cookies at check in. The RV resort is quite a ways out of Coos Bay so for all the changes we probably will not stay here again.

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed August 31, 2019

We love the closeness to the ocean. That is about it. We had reserved 3 spots and spent nearly $500 at this establishment. The office staff were not very friendly or warm at all. Felt more like they were irritated with having to be there. I had went down to the beach the second night we were there and built a small fire on the public beach. After about 5 minutes the night watchman came down and told me to put out the fire it was illegal. I said I didn’t realize that and said ok. He stood there staring at me and I was very uncomfortable and by myself. I told him I would get my husband to help me in a minute he was putting up a tent. He then went up to our tent site. He was very rude, intimidating, and aggressive towards me. I asked who he was and he took his badge and shoved it in my face to the point it touched my nose and I had to step back. Mind you I am still all alone with this man. At this point I started recording his behavior because I just could not believe what was happening. He started saying to me that I should know Oregon state laws and etc. I told him to call the police at that point. I then went to the office and spoke to a woman there and told her what happened and she seems to not really care much. I told her I wanted her to ask the manager to come and see me the next day. I told her to keep this man away from me. I told her I was super close to pressing harassment charges on this night watchman. We needed up looking up the law and he was wrong. We were legal to have a fire where we were and it had been updated two days before. The next night we had a fire again and he stood down the beach and creepily stared at us for a few minutes. Needless to say we won’t be spending anymore of our money here. And to future campers, check the fire restriction laws for yourself. We did. This place will also nickel and dime you to death. $5 for literally everything and you can’t clean your crab or fish there. Unbelievably rude and aggressive there.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 3, 2019 via mobile

We come to this RV Resort annually, and while new ownership comes with some site improvements, the feel of the park has changed - and not for the better! We booked campsites for a family reunion in February, but by August they had all been changed without notification and prices increased. All families were spread throughout the park and the sites were very crammed since they added new ones. We had a large group, ages 3 to 70 - and it was very difficult for us to visit with each other, especially with their new “security” carts zooming by constantly criticizing every aspect of our event. We are a family of retired and current law enforcement and military, and we are respectful of rules and neighbors. We couldn’t even take a group photo without the new resort staff finding something to yell at us about. We’ve had beach bonfires for many years here and it was never a problem- they made us extinguish the fire although it was on the public beach, disappointing the kids and ruining our last night together. We will not be returning, nor will we ever recommend this place to anyone.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2019

Fabulous spot! 5 stars from us - hopefully this will balance out all the other reviewers that have not been happy with the improvements. This park is VERY nice and getting better. Brand new landscaping, sod, gravel, asphalt, remodeled super clean bathrooms, quiet, you can hear the waves at night. We thought price was a little high for what you got until we walked out to the beach. AMAZING beach. Go to the left when facing ocean to the sandstone outcroppings with tons of tide pools and incredible views! This is unbelievable and can't be beat. It was worth every penny when we realized what a cool beach it was. Beautiful sunsets, soft sand, clear water - what more could we want? We WILL be back!! (Weak wi-fi...)

Date of stay: July 2019