“Darn It”

The Point Pub and Grill
Cuisines: American, Pub, Grill, Fusion
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Point's mission is to be the world's best neighborhood pub and grill experience. Being the best means providing outstanding quality, service, cleanliness, and value, so that we make every customer smile and say "I'll be back!".
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Was so glad to have a good spot to go when in Central Point on business. But on our last visit the portion of fish and chips much too light for the 12.00 price. When I mentioned to the waitress the small dab of fries she said the consistency was lacking in the portion control when they first opened so now they measure 1 cup for fries! I didn't mention the 2 small fish fillets. Now we are talking about potatoes here folks ! common sense would say at least have a nice portion of potatoes. Its a nice atmosphere and the food is good quality. Beer good. I would like to try again, and hope they don't skimp too much.

HEW_AT_THE_POINT, Owner at The Point Pub and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

Hi 1goodcat. First of all, thank you for your repeat patronage. Your points are well made (pun intended?). We take this feedback to heart. On your next visit, if you have any concerns, we want to know about it. If something is not to your liking, we will fix it. If you are not satisfied in some fashion, please ask to speak with the manager. We depend upon and appreciate your input. We want to be here serving Central Point for a long, long time. Our goal is to provide the highest quality of service and food in a fun and comfortable environment, a place of options (for instance, a gathering of friends on the Pub side, or a family friendly dining experience on our dining side) for the people of Central Point. I hope you will try us again soon. Cheers!

Reviewed December 23, 2013

I recently went out to dinner for a Christmas cheer night with a group of friends. Being from central point we wanted to give a local business a try. Boy were we disappointed. The service was slow(very understaffed), our bill was wrong 3 times.
The food was good although portions were small and the menu needs to be expanded. The bar drinks were good but we were only asked once for our drink order.
Overall I wished it would have been better if love to have this business succeed. But they need to work on their customer service.

1  Thank Furrybear2

Hi, Furrybear2. Terribly sorry to hear about your experience. Recently opened, we are getting our feet on the ground. Your feedback is important to us and we take it to heart. Your point (no pun intended) regarding staffing is right on and we are addressing this. As you know, Central Point has had remarkably unusually cold weather, and this has impacted us in unanticipated ways. Please give us another chance. When you are at the Point, please address any concerns immediately with your wait staff or ask for the manager. We will fix it! We hope to be here serving the Central Point area for a long, long time. Cheers!

Reviewed December 21, 2013

Great atmosphere, great food, great building, great people!! A nice place to enjoy dinner or sit at the bar and enjoy drinks.

1  Thank Rachel M
HEW_AT_THE_POINT, Owner at The Point Pub and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2015

Hello, Rachel M. Wow, I am really late in responding to your kind review. Thank you so much for your good words. We hope you get to visit us again soon! Cheers!

Reviewed December 18, 2013

We had heard plenty of good things about The Point but were disappointed when we had lunch here the other day. The lunch menu is limited and offers nothing that really jumps off the page. I had a panini and found it was just a warmed sandwich that I could have made better at home. The garlic fries were tasty but the portion was smaller than a kids sized fry at McDonalds. My wife had a similar experience with the food she ordered. Nothing stellar here, just over priced, average, blah food. Lunch for two, without drinks of any kind was $20... too bad.

We are willing to give The Point one more shot in hopes that dinner will be better, we will not be back for lunch.

1  Thank sp4301

Hi sp4301. Very sorry to hear of your experience. We appreciate your feedback. Your points (no pun intended) are well taken. Having opened November 1, we are getting our feet on the ground, finding our stride. Your feedback such helps us refine our product (service, food selection and quality etc). We want to provide the unique comfortable, family-friendly comfortable setting and dining experience that Central Point folks deserve. Please do try us for dinner. If you have any concerns, immediately ask the staff or ask for the manager. We will fix it! We are invested on being here to serve the Central Point are for many years to come. Cheers!

Reviewed December 17, 2013

The chef did himself proud with the best seafood pasta I've had in a long time. We also had a great Philly cheese sandwich with bragging rights to the fries. Hot and crispy. My favorite was the mac and cheese crafted by the chef. Keep the chef! Wait staff very courteous and we prefered the room adjacent to the bar due to noise. Nicely put together and someone did their homework. On our second visit we enjoyed a salmon salad and fish and chips. All nicely presented and hot. My next visit will be the ribeye. David and Bev L

1  Thank David L

Hello, David L. I apologize for the belated response to your kind review. I do not know how I failed to do so earlier. Thank you for your patronage and we hope top see you come visit us often. Cheers! -Hew