“Medford Inn & Suites soon to LaQuinta”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Central Point - Medford
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Central Point
Reviewed April 7, 2014

When I booked my room, I booked through an online third party vendor. I called them and was on hold while the third party vendor verified that this hotel DOES NOT allow pets. Upon arrival, I was told that while this hotel was Fairfield they did not, but now that it is under transition to a new owner, LaQuinta they do allow pets. I have a sever allergy to pet dander, it was very disappointing to find this out at 11 pm when we arrived. I wish I had known in advance this was going to be LaQuinta, I would NOT have stayed there.

Room Tip: I would not stay here again, but if you are okay with pets and not so clean common areas, don't...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Central Point - Medford

Reviewed March 29, 2014

People said they liked this place, but when i walked up to the door there was a typed sign saying that it would soon be a LaQuinta. I should have cancelled my reservation right then. The next thing I saw was two dirty upholstered chairs right across from the check in desk. Still, I ignored my intuition and checked in. I realize now that you get what you pay for and that there was a reason they were running a special. When I got to my room I found a disgustingly stained chair and ottoman next to the bed. the ottoman was so gross I put a towel over it and put it out in the hall. The chair was too much for me to lift and the stains weren't as bad, so I just chose not to sit on it or put anything I owned near it.

The bed and bathroom seemed clean, like the housekeepers do a good job, but the management or owners don't seem to care that the furniture is stained and gross.

No one here seemed to care about this, though I did call down to the desk and tell them the ottoman was in the hallway. It was gone the next time I went out. No one apologized or asked what they could do to make it better. It seems like just very young people running the place and apparently customer service is not something they were taught.

The breakfast had nothing I wanted to eat, but people were eating, so I guess that is just a matter of choice.

I had planned to stay another night, but cancelled my reservation. I like to have my window open for air and it is very loud, being sandwiched between the freeway and a truck stop.

Room Tip: Don't choose any rooms at this hotel! I asked for a room not on the freeway side, but that made...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank sutree I
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Nice clean hotel just off I-5 near Medford, This Fairfield Inn is pretty much what you would expect from the chain. A clean hotel with reasonable rates. The bed was very comfortable and the room was quiet. I would stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank jeffbl88
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I stayed there on 8Dec 2013 in # 304. When we were checking in we found front office staff Riley does not have enough knowledge about the hotel and their facilities. Heating in the room was not working. Outside Temperature was -13Deg C (8.5 F). When we called on reception and he doesn't have sufficient answer for this. We found hair in our bed and in the washroom. When we open the bed side drawer we found half cup of coffee may be previous guest left it there. Not all TV channels were in functional. We went for breakfast in the morning which was awesome. Staff member RENEE on breakfast was so good n helpful. When we were checking out I mentioned this to staff member on the reception counter (Heather) and she apologized and offer us some discount but overall it was not good experience.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Gary S
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Stayed here for one night in October 2013. I turned up at the hotel without a reservation, and the friendly check-in staff were able to find a room for me. Car parking is easy and convenient, and the hotel was good value considering it was booked at the last minute.

The staff were lovely, but to be honest I did find it a little weird that they were wearing brightly coloured t-shirts. The hotel is pretty much what you'd expect from a Fairfield Inn in this location - not luxurious, but perfectly comfortable for a functional stay. Free wifi provided (quite fast), and free breakfast. The breakfast wasn't a highlight, but was more than adequate.

Only a single elevator, and the room was a little tired, but the bed was comfortable. My only minor gripe in about the hotel was the lack of curtains. A thin net was provided, but this was semi-transparent and did not block light or give total privacy from the parking lot.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank liamuk2
Reviewed October 3, 2013

The Fairfield Inn was what we expected.... A reasonable stop on a road trip. Staff was friendly. Breakfast was standard scrambled eggs and at least warm and moist and not crumbly dry. Fairfields really need to upgrade the towels though. We find that every level of Marriott has a different "grade" of bath towels....Fairfield's is at the low end.....or rather tread bare and not soft or absorbent.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We visited several wineries in Southern Oregon. The Fairfield Inn at Central Point, OR was very convenient to the wineries. The hotel itself was OK, but not noteworthy. The rooms were pretty standard for a Fairfield Inn, but the air conditioner/ heater was a wall unit next to the bed. More up to date Fairfield Inns have central controlled room temps which are much quieter. The manager was quite knowlegable of the local restaurants and attractions, however the rest of the staff was clueless on recomendations or directions. If the manager wasn't in, you were on your own. The rooms were clean, and all of the staff tried very hard to please.

Room Tip: You can definitely hear the highway on one side of the hotel. Ask for a room on the quiet side.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
#11 of 35 in Medford
Comfort Inn North
Comfort Inn North
#13 of 35 in Medford

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Central Point - Medford? Share your experiences!