“Fairfield Inn, Central Point, OR close to wine country”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Central Point - Medford
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Central Point
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We visited several wineries in Southern Oregon. The Fairfield Inn at Central Point, OR was very convenient to the wineries. The hotel itself was OK, but not noteworthy. The rooms were pretty standard for a Fairfield Inn, but the air conditioner/ heater was a wall unit next to the bed. More up to date Fairfield Inns have central controlled room temps which are much quieter. The manager was quite knowlegable of the local restaurants and attractions, however the rest of the staff was clueless on recomendations or directions. If the manager wasn't in, you were on your own. The rooms were clean, and all of the staff tried very hard to please.

Room Tip: You can definitely hear the highway on one side of the hotel. Ask for a room on the quiet side.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 19, 2013

I recently spent the last night of my 10-day, 9-night, hiking trip to Crater Lake, Lassen Volcanic and Redwood National Parks here in order to be close to the Rogue Valley International-Medford Airport (MFR) and my flight back home, and because I have had good lucky at other Fairfield Inn & Suites, specifically the one at SLC airport.

This property is a 3-story, hotel-style building, meaning that all rooms are accessed via the hotel lobby with an elevator to the upper floors. The building also has an indoor pool, spa and exercise room, none of which I used. The hotel also provides a free roundtrip airport shuttle, which I also did not use as I had a rent car. I did use the free in-room Wi-Fi and it was strong and fast. Please see the hotel web site for complete descriptions of the rooms and amenities.

When I checked in I was delighted to learn I had been upgraded to an Executive King Suite at no additional cost to me because I am a Marriott Rewards Gold Elite member. I was in room 311. I don’t even see this room type listed on their reservations page but they do have photos of it on their web site. It was a small king bed suite with separate sleeping and living areas.

The bedroom had the bed, of course, plus 2 nightstands with lamps, and a chest of drawers with a flat panel TV on top. The living room had a desk and chair, a love seat and a matching chair, coffee table, and a wall unit with another flat panel TV in it.

I was told all of these types of rooms were all along the freeway side of the building, but that they had double double-pane windows to deaden the freeway noise. That’s right – 2 separate sets of double pane windows a couple of inches apart. It did reduce the sound but did not totally eliminate it. But it wasn’t so loud as to wake me in the night and I am a light sleeper.

The bathroom was typical Fairfield by Marriott, meaning clean and modern with nice building materials.

Because of my check in time and my flight out the next day, I spent nearly 24 hours in this room, except for when I went out for meals. It was very comfortable.

The breakfast area has a dedicated attendant and the free breakfast, although fairly typical, was good. Hot drinks are available 24/7 and cookies are put out in the afternoons.

The hotel is in Central Point, OR, literally a few minutes from MFR, and there is a large Pilot Travel Center just across the street with the best gas prices I saw in Oregon if you have to refuel your rent car prior to returning it.

The only downside to this location was the lack of restaurant choice, which was partly due to my being there over a Sunday night when many were closed. It is probably worth the drive a little farther south to Medford to eat, but I had already driven 1,600 miles over 9 days and wasn’t in the mood to drive any more at that point.

I was sorry I only had 1 night here. It was very clean and comfortable, and I slept good here. I wouldn’t hesitate to stay here again or to recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stay at a lot of Marriotts, and this one was way below what we've become used to in staying at the chain. First, the good: very friendly staff, good location, generally clean rooms, tasty free breakfast. When we arrived, we were given an upgrade due to our gold elite status, which we definitely appreciated.

The so-so: The people behind the desk when we arrived were very casually dressed in t-shirts. I'm no stickler for formality, but it seemed a little unprofessional. The staff was very nice, but made a joke when they asked for our phone number (we asked why, they said in case you leave things behind), basically insinuating that if we left something really good in the room, that it MAY go missing. Reassuring. When we got to our room, it had a bit of an odor, like someone used to allow smoking in there a long time ago. We got used to it, but it wasn't ideal. The things in the room were very outdated - and old cd player stuck to even older double sided tape, a tube tv in the living room, and a bathroom fan that was so loud I could hear it all way in the bedroom area... and it didn't even really work.

Overall, it was a good location, but next time, I may opt to stay at another one of the nearby Marriott brands.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This was another great stay at a great hotel. We stay here often and we are always treated very well. This is a place that I can recommend to anyone at any time. A person can not go wrong staying here.
The stay included two rooms. One room for my wife and I and one room for my daughter and her three children.
We were on our way to Austin, Texas for my youngest son's wedding. We used the park and fly. We have used this before and they always do a great job getting us to the airport and back.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Our welcoming from the beginning was fantastic, They had some cookies for our kids and a bottle of water for us.
After a long day on the road we just wanted to eat and relax.
Our room was clean, the layout if weird, with a lot of wasted space, especially once you pull out the sofa bed, but we made do.
Breakfast was good, typical Marriott selection, eggs, a meat, breads, yogurt and waffles.
Our room backed onto the freeway, but we didn't hear a sound.
Would definitely stay here again if in the area.
Be sure to put Central point, not Medford in the GPS or you will be joining a residential family for dinner.
We ate dinner at Shari's and had an excellent experience.

Room Tip: Elevator is older and tight, main floor is best.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Moosemama22
Reviewed July 28, 2013

great location, (dont eat at Sharis, accross from the parking!)

Jesse the front desk clerk, amazing service and friendly. Breakfast was amazingly fresh and well sorted.

good place for a quick overnite and relaxing momemts.

Room Tip: a room facing the parking lot is better
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 27, 2013

1 King Studio With Sofa bed
The design of the room is the best use of a king bed with a sofa bed for maximum enjoyment. The king bed and sofa bed are separated for privacy. It's almost like having 2 separate rooms. And the bathroom is very large. Very nice and quiet room also with a mini refrigerator. Good breakfast with make-your-own waffles. The lady who services the breakfast area was very friendly. We have also stayed in the 2 Double bed rooms. They are nice but this King Studio is so good we now always request it. The indoor pool is small as well as the work out room. Shari's Restaurant with acceptable dine-in or take-out across the parking lot. I've stayed here several times and it is always where I choose to stay over when driving from CA to Corvallis, OR to visit my family.
Thank you Fairfield Inn Central Point for a consistently pleasant experience.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Candlewood Suites Medford
#16 of 35 in Medford
5 mi away
Best Western Horizon Inn

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Central Point - Medford? Share your experiences!