“Has good and bad, stayed here on two occasions”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Central Point - Medford
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Central Point
Orange, California
“Has good and bad, stayed here on two occasions”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I'm a marriott rewards member. So choosing a marriott family hotel usually would be my first pick. So when I was planning a trip from LA to Seattle with kids. I did it like this.
Take the total distance of the trip, which was 1,200 miles.
Split it up into 400 mile segments, because that's the most I can bear with my loud and hungry kids.
This was how I came up with this place.
Give or take 100 miles.

Actually the closer you get to Portland, the more expensive the hotels are. This hotel fits the bill. With the AAA discount, it was a hondo.

When I checked in, it was really strange. I did not get my usual: "Hi Mr. Marriott member, your preferred room is ready". I was tired as it is so I didn't care. However, my kids wanted to use the pool as they always do. So I tried the pool out with the kids which is located on the bottom level of the three level hotel. It says the capacity is 18 and the hot tub capacity is 6. The fitness room is kind of a joke next door, it has 3 stationary bike/machines.

The room itself here the first time I stayed here was good. Everything works well in the bathroom. The room was clean, the TV works well. I was on the 2nd floor. BTW, the ice machine is on the 1st and the 3rd floor. The 2nd time I stayed here 2 weeks later, I got a "Welcome to Fairfield" letter from the GM, acknowledging I was a Rewards member. Even when I got into the room, they knew that I always request extra pillows. This time our room was on the 3rd floor facing the freeway exit. Surprisingly the noise is minimal and I'm a light sleeper.

HOWEVER.....I found an open bag of skittles and an open bottle of under my bed. So I can't say housekeeping did a great job. Thank goodness for those sealed individual cups they have here by the coffee machine.

The free breakfast in the morning is decent. I believe it is 6:30-9:30am. It is the usual Fairfield fare with the yogurt, waffles, eggs , turkey bacon (strange but wasn't bad), bagels, danish, hard boiled eggs, fresh fruit, cereals, juice, coffee. They didn't have OJ the first time around but fixed it the 2nd time I was here. What I was surprised is that the front counter person also ate with us. Nothing wrong with that , except that he got it during the time when everything else ran out so some of us had to wait another 10 minutes or so for the food to be replenished.

Overall, good budget hotel to stay. There's a Costco that's 3 miles away for you long stay families.

Room Tip: Having a room facing the freeway exit , the sound is very minimal on the 3rd floor
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We wanted to stay at the Holiday Inn Express next door but it was fully booked, so we came here. This hotel wasn't bad. There was coffee and tea by the reception desk when we arrived in the evening. We also enjoyed the pool after the long drive. We got a double bed, though we preferred a queen. The air-condition unit was older but it wasn't that noisy. The bed was comfy enough for the night. The complimentary breakfast was okay. This hotel could do with a make-over to compete with the HIE.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Placerville, California
Reviewed July 7, 2013

First of all I have to say the beds are the most comfortable hotel beds I have ever slept in. I slept so well each night we were there. The rooms were clean and the breakfast was good if you got down there early enough. My 5 year old son and I really enjoyed the indoor pool on many occasions. Great location, great value, comfortable beds, friendly staff, highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Upon arriving at the hotel I asked the female at the counter for extra towels and an extra blanket and extra pillow. She said they would be up shortly. About a half hour before I had to leave for my cousins wedding, I called an reminded her about the towels ... I said I will be returning late in to the evening and after my long drive I don't want to still be waiting up for the requested items, and STILL; THEY never arrived! I picked up a few extra towels in the pool area, one so I could dry off, one to roll up as a pillow and the third to keep warm, since my hubby likes the room extra cold! Terrible customer service!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank FremontRonnie

Travelers are raving about these Central Point hotels

Springfield, Oregon
Reviewed June 19, 2013

A HUGE THANK YOU to Marissa and her staff for taking such good care of our baseball team over the Memorial Day weekend while we were in town for a big tournament. The staff went out of their way to make the adults and the kids feel welcome. Several teams stayed at the hotel and we really kept the staff hopping at breakfast time. They were wonderful about accommodating our schedule and helped us all get out the door and to the ball fields on time. From the welcome posters they made for the kids to the last good bye....They were great!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed June 5, 2013

When you're on the road, what's most important to you. For us, it's a good nights rest. I'll guarantee you'll find that at this Fairfield Inn just outside of Medford in Central Point. The next best thing is service - the attention of the staff. For us, we want to feel like they care that we stopped in for the night. You get that and more at this location. In fact, we were so impressed we decided to look for this brand or other Mariott properties rather than rely on Bestwestern as we have in the past. We did, and for the most part, it was worth it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Goose Creek, SC
Reviewed June 3, 2013

The location is conveniently right off I-5, with many choices for restaurants and gas within walking distance. The room was standard for a Fairfield so no complaints. We used the pool and the hot tub, which were nice. The breakfast was ok too, though it seemed like there was only 1 person managing that area. Memorial day weekend was super busy so that 1 person couldn't keep up with the breakfast rush. When we came down for breakfast, there wasn't really any food re-filled - even the fruit bowls were empty.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
#10 of 35 in Medford
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#11 of 35 in Medford

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Central Point - Medford? Share your experiences!