“Sternwheeler”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Colfax, California
“Sternwheeler”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We had a very windy but enjoyable trip down to Bonneville Locks and Dam and back up. The scenery is magnificent.

Visited September 2013
Portland S, Public Relations Manager at Sternwheeler Columbia Gorge, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
So glad to hear you enjoyed your time, minus that pesky wind! Hope you come see us again the next time you are in town!

“a very fun boat ride”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

this I enjoyed with my sister - she took us for a ride. :)

there was a wedding and reception at the time we rode, so the restaurant was not open to us.
[we knew that going on]

the ride was spectacular. the guy in me enjoyed seeing the stern wheel run and the technology of yester years actually running, churning. and I saw the pilot house.
sister was on the deck and we saw some great wind surfing action.
the gorge is famous for this activity. and we were there om a summer weekend when the ppl were out doing their tricks for us to see.
those guys sailed in the air almost above the ship.

ok the ride was from the town to the dam and back.
in town we ate and enjoyed the food there. and a view of the bridge across the mighty Columbia. [yes we drove over it, just because]
I have enjoyed that bridge a few times on various trips.

this sternwheeler ride was pretty fun.
another fun and must see and do thing.

*note the date of my visit was in July, but before 2010, which was not on the list here.

Visited July 2013
Thank you for reviewing your cruise with us! So glad you enjoyed your time on board and we hope to see you again soon!

Newcastle, California
“Go for the cruise. A wonderful time”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I've been on the stern wheeler cruise twice. First time with my lady friend and second with my son. Both were great times. Captain Tom really knows the river as well as the history of the Columbia River Gorge. He's friendly and you can take a walk up to the bridge and see how the boat's run.

The second time I went for the dinner cruise. Not what I'd call "gourmet" but just the same, not bad. You eat first and later, walk around and sight see on the three decks of the sternwheeler. I've gone in early September and October. September was just plain perfect weather but hey, it's Oregon. The weather can change in a few hours.

The scenery in the Gorge is beautiful.

I highly recommend giving it a try.

• Visited September 2013
Portland S, Public Relations Manager at Sternwheeler Columbia Gorge, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thanks so much for the recommendation here on Trip Advisor. I appreciate you taking the time and glad to hear you have enjoyed both of your cruises with us. Stop by and see us again the next time you are in town.

Seattle, Washington
“Scenery, Dinner, History!”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Surprised by how lovely this experience was. Our 2yo enjoyed the ride and the views. The food was very good. And the history lesson by the Captains was terrific. Not to mention we all enjoyed the gorgeous scenery.

• Visited August 2013
Portland S, Public Relations Manager at Sternwheeler Columbia Gorge, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your dinner cruise with us. I am so glad to hear you all had a good time and look forward to having you on board again the next time you are in town.

Portland, Oregon
“Best cruise on the river!”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Beautiful boat, great food and Captain Tom's history narratives are absolutely wonderful. Take this cruise!

Visited August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our cruise! We think Captain Tom is the best too, so we are glad you agree with us! Until next time!