“SKIP THIS PLACE”
Review of East Wind Drive-In

East Wind Drive-In
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Cascade Locks
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Went there on the 14th and again on the 15th of October 2013. First time I ate there I had a hamburger. It was very dry and definitely frozen. Unfortunately, if you've ever been to the Cascade Locks there isn't much of a selection of eateries there. So, after a long day's hiking and site seeing I decided to try this place again out of convenience and time on the 13th. I waited at the window to get served and waited and waited, there was a man flipping a single hamburger not paying much attention to the front window. When he finally looked at me, he just ignored me as if I wasn't there. Then a young lady finally came out from back and when she started to walk towards the window when the "burger flipper" handed her the phone and she took the phone and went to the back or office were she came from leaving me waiting. What wonderful customer service they have. I finally left and returned to my hotel.

My recomendation is to make a drive east to Hood River and have a better meal at a fast food establishment were you're sure to get better service and tastier food.

There are newer reviews for East Wind Drive-In

Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

I had the bacon cheeseburger and from the time it took to deliver the order I knew it was definitely cooked just for be. It was very juicy and well cooked. The bacon was crisp and appeared to also be freshly cooked. Fries were plentiful. ( shouldn't have ordered the "large". Chocolate shake was very thick. Several others got the ice cream comes, and many got a cup to catch the bounteous extra soft serve. I walked down to the river (a few hundred yards) and that was a gorgeous view. Eastwind isn't much to look at, but it has good food.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Can't beat their shakes, malts and burgers - great little drive in, limited inside seating. Good place to grab some food and head to one of the nearby parks.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I never go to the falls without going here for lunch. Awesome and huge ice cream cones. Today I took my new husband and his double bacon burger was too much for him to finish and this is a man who usually eats all his and half of mine. Good service even with a line. Also feels really good to support a small business. Cant wait for next time.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We were driving by & saw a huge lineup, so thought this must be the place to go. It was wonderful. Very big burgers & the hugest ice cream cones we have ever seen. They have a few different flavored soft serve that are very yummy. The people working are very, very casual & very pleasant. If you are passing through, I would definitely stop...even just for ice cream. Loved it!