“Love this place!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

East Wind Drive-In
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Cascade Locks
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
North Bonneville, Washington
“Love this place!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

There's nothing quite like an Eastwind burger! I absolutely love them. For me, they just seem to melt in my mouth and the flavor is top notch! I'm a local and have been going here for roughly 30years and will continue to do so. Most comments refer to the wait, which can be long, especially in the summer months. The trick is to call in your order to go before hand. They will give you a time frame (10-15 min or so) then go pick up your food! Keep in mind that food is made to order and the place is equipped with a small fryer and small grill. They can only cook so much at a time. For tourists, their ice cream is a must. I always tell people they may not want to order the large because it is literally a foot high.

Visited November 2012

vancouver
“"chicken strips and fries!"”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

Have ordered take-out for up to 10 persons before, food good, portion size decent! there is usually a line at the walk-up take out window! a must stop for icecream for travelers and tourists! we usually do the drive thru window it is much quicker than parking and standing in line! there is no inside seating, prices decent for a driv-in.

Visited March 2013
Milford, OH
“Fun to say I've been here”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

While on vacation from OH, the next stop in the Columbia River gorge area was Cascade Locks, a small town near the Bridge of the Gods. We weren’t there for the bridge or the locks, but to go to the Eastwind – a little walk up eatery I read about in Wild! They have good & cheap soft serve, so I had to try the $2 cone. It was good & worth it.

Visited September 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“ice cream for me please”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

This is a great stop for a soft-serve ice cream cone. The hamburger was just average (frozen patty), but the fries were good.

Visited October 2012
DiamondGirl419
“Didn't try the ice cream--food is average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

We used the drive-in portion of this eatery to experience what all the hubbub was about. We ordered a cheeseburger, bacon cheeseburger, order of onion rings and two sodas....$13.60. The burgers appeared to be cooked from frozen patties and were lukewarm by the time they brought them out to our car. Onion rings were just okay. I was disappointed that the food was not as good as I had expected it to be. Although the place was mobbed, I saw that it was mostly with people ordering ice cream and not other foods. Honestly, the only reason I would come here if I were a local is that there aren't a lot of eateries in Cascade Locks. Otherwise I would definitely make the 20 minute drive to Hood River and go to their Dairy Queen or McDonalds for a lot less $$ and about the same or better food quality.

• Visited September 2012