“Awesome Views, Friendly & Helpful Staff”

Best Western Plus Columbia River Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Cascade Locks
Reviewed July 21, 2014

My husband and I had a pleasurable experience. We were at a conference in Skamania and wanted to move our room to a view room. The staff was very helpful in accommodating this. Also whenever we had questions about the area, they were also helpful.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Sandy P, General Manager at Best Western Plus Columbia River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

I am pleased we were able to get you into a view room, the Columbia River is a mighty think to watch. Thank you for staying with us while attending your conference and we invite you to return to the Gorge stay with us and take some time off for fun.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

This BW is a great place to stay in the Columbia river gorge area. Our room was comfortable, clean, well decorated and had a marvelous view of the Columbia River. The room rate included a complimentary breakfast at the restaurant next door. Our group enjoyed the freshly made breakfast along with more great views of the gorge.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We are please you enjoyed your time in the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area and thank your for staying with us. I am especially happy you enjoyed the hot breakfast next door at the restaurant. We invite you to return to the Gorge and stay with us again.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

The views from the balconies are amazing. The rooms are large and fit a family of five easily. The hotel has nice seating outside and is near many acitivities. My kids love watching the trains along the river and the boats in the river. The indoor pool and hot tub are an added bonus. I highly recommend a room with a balcony to enjoy to views!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Sandy P, General Manager at Best Western Plus Columbia River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2014

Thank you for staying with us and your very nice comments. We know how lucky we are to have this fabulous view. The National Scenic Area has so much to offer and we invite you to return to the Gorge and stay with us again.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

This hotel is one of my favorites. It's clean, the staff was very friendly, the room was huge and very nice. In my opinion, there are only 2 negatives...the train that goes by is very close to the hotel and you will hear it. No horn blows but it sounds like metal scraping on metal and it goes by all night long. We were on the 4th floor and it woke me up several times. I would recommend a noise machine to block it out. It's not bad enough to make me stay away though, I will stay here again for sure. The second negative was the breakfast situation. They give you a ticket for the restaurant next door that has some selections that include your free breakfast. This isn't a huge issue but the first time we went we weren't told what our options were and ended up paying for breakfast. Not a huge deal but it was a little off putting.
Overall, this hotel is fabulous. The beautiful deck is a peaceful place to enjoy your morning coffee looking at the river. The area around the hotel is fun to explore. You can hike some of the Pacific Crest Trail as the trailhead is right across the street and it takes you to a beautiful waterfall. Definitely a place to stay for hikers. Loved it!

Room Tip: If you want quiet, choose a high floor on the street side. If you want a view you will hear the trai...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Sandy P, General Manager at Best Western Plus Columbia River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Thank you for staying with us and your lovely comments. I realize those train tracks are difficult for some guest and I wish I could move them today. The breakfast next door is a new venture for us and it has taken some time to work the kinks out, I am so sorry for your the confusion on their part and I invite you to stay with us again so we may show you superior customer care.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

We have been to this hotel a few times for business and truly enjoyed our stay. The help are exceptional and the rooms are very well maintained. The breakfasts are extremely hearty to say the least. We will be back.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Sandy P, General Manager at Best Western Plus Columbia River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Thank you for staying with us again and we are pleased to hear that you had another great stay. We look forward to your return to the Gorge and invite you to stay with us again.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

This is a well maintained and clean hotel with great views of the Columbia River. Our room was very large, nicely decorated and equipped with double sinks. A wonderful breakfast is served in the restaurant adjacent to the hotel. The only minor complaint we have with this hotel would be the trains. Like almost all hotels in the Columbia Gorge trains run by occasionally. Only one woke us as it sounded its horn for some reason.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Sandy P, General Manager at Best Western Plus Columbia River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

We want to thank you for staying with us in the beautiful National Scenic Area and we agree...those trains, if I could move the tracks today I would. We hope that you will return to the Gorge and we invite you to stay with us again.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

The room was very clean and comfortable, had a great view, and had great cable and internet. I grew up around trains, so the one outside our window every few hours was really cool to hear. Front desk and check-in went well, but I get the feeling the forced friendliness is exactly that. The breakfast experience was very disappointing. The young lady who took our order at the counter morphed into a rude little brat when we produced our vouchers. It took 30 minutes for the food to arrive, we sat at a dirty table the whole time, she literally slammed my plate down before rolling her eyes and walking away. The food was cold and very much undercooked. The people next to us were trying desperately to get her attention, but she just walked away. Very rude service on her part. This is a great small town in a beautiful area. It is really too bad they don't treat tourists more appreciatively. For $199/night, I think I will find somewhere else to stay next year.

Room Tip: Second floor jacuzzi tub in the room is nice. Very private, clean, and a good way to watch the sunse...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

I am so very sorry that your feel my staff at the hotel is not genuine and friendly, we have received many awards for our Customer Care and we do take this to heart. I have had extensive conversations with the restaurant next door to insure what you experienced does not happen again and they agree, this is not what they want. My staff and I thank you for staying with us and we hope that you will be able to give us a second chance.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cascade Locks
#7 of 8 in Hood River
Hood River Hotel
Hood River Hotel
#6 of 8 in Hood River

Been to Best Western Plus Columbia River Inn? Share your experiences!