“Convenient, okay food”

Cuisines: Pub
Seattle, Washington
“Convenient, okay food”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

A coworker and I ate at this pub when a local recommended it to us. We sat down on a Saturday evening with the pub mildly occupied. Each of us ordered some Salmon chowder and tea. The server was very kind and brought us tea and water promptly following our order. Thirty minutes into our stay the chowder did not arrive. I flagged down the waiter and decided to order a pulled pork sandwich as well. Twenty minutes later we got our chowder and I got my sandwich. It seemed a little long for some chowder and very quick for the sandwich. The chowder is well acclaimed by the locals. My coworker and I tried it but did not enjoy the taste. I'm unsure whether it was texture of the food or the green herbs added to it. The sandwich was pretty bland with the barbecue sauce served on the side. I tried the food with a liberal application of the sauce and it still tasted dry and bland. It may have been better if the pork was cooked in the barbecue sauce.
Overall, the place is cozy and has a good ambiance. The food that we tried needs some work and the service needs some improvement. Upon writing this review I learned via their website business changed its name to Cascade Ale House.

• Visited January 2013

Minneapolis
“Locals place, beer and wine only, good just ok”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

The smell was a bit different. Not sure why.

Small place, ordered pizza $9, We like trying the local smaller Places while traveling. Was in the mood for bloody Mary so a pub seemed like a good choice. Alas, beer and wine only. But good local on tap choices.

The smell was a bit different. Not sure why.

Small place, ordered pizza, burger, burger $9, Soup. Salmon chowder just ok. The rest was good.

Not knowing other places in the area , not sure if I would return for food. For the beer selection I would.

North, South Carolina
“Nice little place -not very pub-like”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Food was pretty good, The soups were excellent. The atmosphere was like a small family-run restaurant rather than a pub. Seems to draw a local following. The service was OK at best. Our waitress seemed unhappy to be there. Later in our trip we found better places to eat.

• Visited August 2012
Douglas, GA
“A Good Choice”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

There aren't many dining options in Casecade Locks, but this is a good one. Our sandwiches were delish!

Visited June 2012
Spokane
“Good atmosphere”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

There seemed to be quite a few staff standing around in the background. Our waitress was a little petulant and not really interested in providing good service, but the couple at the other table had a new young waiter who stopped by their table every couple of minutes to see how he could be of service. I don't recall anything special about the food except that it seemed expensive, sort of mundane and small portions; the bagged chips (Tims) were tasty. We were just happy it was open as the hotel said that everything closed at 7; we got there just before 7, but they really closed closer to 9.

Visited May 2012