“great locations”
Review of Cascade Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cascade Locks
Cascade Motel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Cascade Locks
Reviewed July 30, 2012

My husband and I stayed there in 2011 and found the place wonderful. the place was very clean, the grounds were well taken care off. I love staying in places with a little history. If you want the cookie cutter motel room with the mass produced free breakfast of bisquits and gravy and hearing people yell for more waffles then dont stay here. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank moonies61
There are newer reviews for Cascade Motel

Reviewed July 28, 2012

$159 per night greasy pillows thread bare sheets moldy smell gross kitchen truck stop like accommodations . Go across the river to Washington or best western, nowhere else. Sailors beware not good regatta accommodations, sad but true very very disappointing and no prices listed on Internet I heard the receptionist giving away a room for $59 which was probably fare for as gross as it was.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Margebbss
Reviewed July 7, 2012

If you care about a delapidated exterior or if you need fancy furnishings, this isn't the place for you. However, if you want an excellent location, beautiful views, a clean room with a fridge and microwave, and a price that can't be beat, stay here. Only drawback was that there was no crockery or silverware, so if you're planning on making breakfast etc, bring some with you. We did ask the owner for mugs which she then provided.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Carasol
Reviewed June 21, 2012

These are 1940's era individual cabins. I've always thought staying in a motel like this would be a great "living history" experience, but never been adventurous enough to try one until now, when the franchise / chain hotel in town was full. So glad we did! Cabin 2 has been almost completely updated (perhaps a new bed is in its future sometime soon?). The kitchen is large and spotless, ditto the bathroom, loads of hot water, and reliable free wifi internet (with signal strength better than I expected in this out of the way region). It's a short walk to an art gallery and artist's studio, and a longer walk to the Marina park and complex.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank WeWalkEverywhere
Reviewed March 26, 2012

I stayed in a studio and my sister had a one bedroom unit. Both were very nice and home like. They were clean, bright, but comfortable. The cooking facilities made family time easy. There are no hairdryers - bring your own.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank bcchik
Reviewed May 6, 2011

We booked a room at this Motel in March 2011. We chose this place as it seemed very nice and was in the area we wanted to be in..
On the evening of the 5 of May we got a phone call informing us that our room had been double booked and therefor our booking had been canceled.
This was a great shock as we are leaving on 7 May so it only gives us 1 day to find something else. Also with the time difference it gives us even less time to book somewhere else.
Is this going to happen to other places where we have booked? This is our 1st trip to the US and already it has been soured by this. We live in the UK and this was going to be the trip of a life time. We are very worried.
We would warn other travelers about this and suggest they do not pre-book this motel.

Stayed: May 2011
3  Thank Torrs1
Reviewed January 21, 2011

What a great find! Yes as others stated the cottages need new siding but don't give it a second thought.

They are located in a nice quiet neighborhood with big trees and lots of green grass. You park right next to the door of your cabin. Nice area to go for a walk, not far from waterfront park and great little airport. Very friendly neighbors, they all said hello or waved as they drove by while I was out walking.

Sparkling clean rooms, someone really cares about doing their job right. Nice hardwood and tile floors and attractive bedding, curtains, and even an antique looking chair.

I read the other reviews and called ahead to inquire about a room but did not confirm that I would be staying there. When I did arrive the lady at the desk had been informed by the owner that I might be coming for the night. She was very friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. She had already turned up the heat in my room and walked me down to it just to make sure everything was ok.

If you want a 5 star hotel with pools, restaurants, exercise rooms, and other tourist type things, go somewhere else. If you want a quiet, clean, cottage with friendly people then this if for you.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
#5 of 8 in Hood River
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#7 of 8 in Hood River

Been to Cascade Motel? Share your experiences!